Initial photos from X-M1

Started Sep 16, 2013 | Photos
soumya_b5
Regular MemberPosts: 319Gear list
Like?
Initial photos from X-M1
Sep 16, 2013

sharing some photos from kolkata, india.

i am a canon shooter but recently bought X-M1 kit (with 16-50) as i really liked the review of X-E1 and it's samples. i particularly liked the colors that this sensor produces. however, due to budget constraints, i had to opt for X-M1 only. yesterday i roamed around kolkata streets and clicked some photos. really liked the saturated colors that this camera produces for me.

honest feedback please

soumya_b5's gear list:soumya_b5's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-M1 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +3 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm X-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Sal18
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,238Gear list
Like?
Re: Initial photos from X-M1
In reply to soumya_b5, Sep 16, 2013

I'd be interested in what settings you are using. I really like your photos, but my style is for more subdued colors. I know on my E1 I can set it up for either, or something in-between, and I am curious about your options on the M1.

Sal

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
day2012
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?

I like these, particularly numbers 3 and 5. They are very heavy on the colour but as a consistent set, this works well in my opinion. I'm also interested in the settings you used. Did you use Velvia?

forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,894
Like?

Since you asked for it.

I don't know how to sugarcoat it, the pictures are very uninteresting. I see no purpose of taking or posting them. Maybe you wanted to show the technical details of the camera, then you should have posted full size unprocessed images, and one picture would have been enough.

gerard boulanger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?

I usually don't like over saturated shots, but for those subjects, I think it was a good idea since its adding drama.

gerard boulanger's gear list:gerard boulanger's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
soumya_b5
Like?
In reply to Sal18, Sep 16, 2013

i used the velvia setting while processing in silkypix.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-M1 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +3 more
soumya_b5
Like?
In reply to day2012, Sep 16, 2013

yes, i used velvia. no other post processing. since my CS5 doesn't open X-M1 raw files, i had to rely on silkypix only.

soumya_b5
Like?
In reply to forpetessake, Sep 16, 2013

plz don't try to sugercoat, i appreciate your feedback.

and, i must say liking a photo is subjective and would vary from person to person. somehow i found the colors in the walls very interesting and hence shot them. since i am new to fuji system, and i heard a lot about it's "film-like" color, i tried to capture as much colors as i could to see if i can get something closer to slide films. coming from a canon world, these colors produced by my X-M1 is too punchy for my choice. i like more natural and subtle colors.

again, thanks for your feedback.

mepaca
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
In reply to forpetessake, Sep 16, 2013

forpetessake wrote:

Since you asked for it.

I don't know how to sugarcoat it, the pictures are very uninteresting. I see no purpose of taking or posting them. Maybe you wanted to show the technical details of the camera, then you should have posted full size unprocessed images, and one picture would have been enough.

Yes forpetessake, not everyone can produce great art like this one of yours.

TitusXIII
Regular MemberPosts: 449Gear list
Like?
In reply to mepaca, Sep 16, 2013

mepaca wrote:

forpetessake wrote:

Since you asked for it.

Yes forpetessake, not everyone can produce great art like this one of yours.

+1

Very good photos by OP.

TitusXIII's gear list:TitusXIII's gear list
Pentax Optio W90 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon PowerShot S110 Ricoh GR Nikon D80 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads