:-)) Sunday Cat! #311 Sept 15, 2013 ((-:

Started 10 months ago | Photos
StanTsui
Contributing MemberPosts: 905Gear list
Like?
:-)) Sunday Cat! #311 Sept 15, 2013 ((-:
10 months ago

Welcome all to the Sunday cat thread. Brought to you every week since Anton AK first started the thread. Then turned over to John King who performed an incredible job. John turned the thread over to Warriormouse who kept the ship afloat till turning the thread over to Robert due to his study needs. Rob isn't feeling well and have to be away from the screen, I will be slide over and start next few week's thread. Get well soon Rob, we need you.

I am looking for help share the load, please help to keep it afloat. PM me if you can.

I missed a few post during weekday, still learning how to maintain the thread.

Thanks to all the people that make this thread work so well. Remember all makes of cameras are welcome. So show off your cat pictures anytime.

Benny the snake hunter take the cake, he might be little older but you can tell he is still a handsome boy and going strong.  I wish I have the skill capture a picture like this one.

As said by Warriormouse, “Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your picture and stories of your feline companions with us Come one, come all; all cats and cameras welcome. Add your favourite cat shot to the collection. No time limits, taken any time, any place, any camera.”

StanTsui's gear list:StanTsui's gear list
Olympus E-410 Olympus E-510 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +1 more
John_Adelaide
Contributing MemberPosts: 517
Like?
Wolfgang
In reply to StanTsui, 10 months ago

Watching dinner being prepared, one of the rare occasions he's actually upright and not snoring!

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
StanTsui
Like?
Chyna and Dave

While I fully aware the limitation of my E410/510, I still love shooting Chyna under the sun.

*and compare to Benny, you can see how great the E5 is.

On the other hand, shooting Dave under the Sun is alot easier.

Olympus E-410 Olympus E-510 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +1 more
StanTsui
Like?
Re: Wolfgang
In reply to John_Adelaide, 10 months ago

I can imagine how nice the rest of your house is, the cat, everything is perfect.

Coldamus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,532
Like?
The hunted and the hunter:

Yesterday, Meggsy and I were outside enjoying the morning sun. Suddenly I noticed that he was staring at something in the empty lot next door.  It was Bindi, lying hidden in the grass.  If she hadn't stood up, I would never have seen her without Meggsy's help.

Meggsy quickly jumped the fence and started stalking her (notice his steely gaze).

The actual ambush was too quick for me to catch. Both then jumped back over the fence. Bindi was nervous of Meggsy, so I let her into the car. She took up her favourite place on the parcel shelf and slept there for the rest of the day.

Meggsy made himself comfortable on the car bonnet.

Kevin Sutton
Contributing MemberPosts: 656Gear list
Like?
Charlotte on patrol

Hi All

From a few years back...

Cheers Kevin  

Kevin Sutton's gear list:Kevin Sutton's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +14 more
vajrasattva
Contributing MemberPosts: 904Gear list
Like?
Re: Charlotte on patrol
In reply to Kevin Sutton, 10 months ago

Brilliant. I love the light on the end of her nose.

vajrasattva
Like?

He looks like a really trendy metro cat sitting there like that under that photo. Cute.

vajrasattva
Like?
Re: Chyna and Dave

I still smile when I see Dave. There's just something about him.

vajrasattva
Like?
Re: The hunted and the hunter:
In reply to Coldamus, 10 months ago

Security on the parcel tray of a car ....... that's great.

vajrasattva
Like?
Zoe and Samson

I'm starting to realised I have to always have the camera on hand in order to 'get the shot.' Sometimes they are obliging, sometimes not.

Zoe wondering is she will grow as big as the plant in the pot.  Her birman coat is really starting to develop now.

Samson showing obvious delight at having to pose, yet again, for yet another photo.

Truth of the matter is they squint in the sun and almost have their eyes closed when walking outside. My mum's old blue birman is the same too so it must be a birman thing.

Simon Zeev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,505Gear list
Like?
Old picture

My younger daughter with Mia:

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Zeev
Simon = family name so... call me Zeev!
http://public.fotki.com/zeev-simon/
http://picasaweb.google.com/zeev.simon

Simon Zeev's gear list:Simon Zeev's gear list
Canon PowerShot S1 IS Ricoh Caplio GX100 Olympus E-500 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +3 more
Fixxxer
Regular MemberPosts: 291Gear list
Like?
A cupboard full of Pepper

Decided to tone out the colour around Pepper so the busy environment wouldn't take the focus from him. Though in real life it's impossible to not have focus on him as he's "talking" all the time... literally.

E-620 with ZD 14-54 2.8-3.5 and FL-36 flash

Fixxxer's gear list:Fixxxer's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Olympus E-1 Pentax K100D Olympus E-620 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Fixxxer
Like?

The backdrop really makes this photo... stunning. And the expression in Wolfgangs face couldn't go better with it.

Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Olympus E-1 Pentax K100D Olympus E-620 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Fixxxer
Like?
In reply to Coldamus, 10 months ago

Nice little photo story

Are they both yours?

Fixxxer
Like?
Re: Zoe and Samson
In reply to vajrasattva, 10 months ago

Truth of the matter is they squint in the sun and almost have their eyes closed when walking outside. My mum's old blue birman is the same too so it must be a birman thing.

Wow, they're really growing fast! Look how big they re now, compared to a few months ago.

About the eyes, I'm pretty sure it's the blue eyes that does it (in combination with their white fur that reflect the light in to their eyes rather than away from them) - blue eyes are the most sensitive to sunlight. Goes the same way with humans.

Coldamus
Like?
In reply to Fixxxer, 10 months ago

Fixxxer wrote:

Are they both yours?

Yes.  They are brother and sister.  I have the mother too but she makes herself scarce during daylight hours.

Coldamus
Like?
Re: Zoe and Samson
In reply to vajrasattva, 10 months ago

Samson is really giving you the evil eye but you made up for it with that lovely shot of Zoe.

kallmalm
Senior MemberPosts: 1,321Gear list
Like?
A mystery box it seems

As it appears as though the contents is not what is specified on the box.

It seems there is a Pepper instead of a Canon in the box...

Though I have to admit that the unpacking was a tad easier...

It appears as though it was a cat instead of a camera in that box... and here he is actually silent which is a bit odd...

-- hide signature --

/Daniel

kallmalm's gear list:kallmalm's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Olympus E-1
StanTsui
Like?
Re: A mystery box it seems
In reply to kallmalm, 10 months ago

how can Pepper fit into the Canon box?  I wonder why Pepper give you a unhappy face in the first pic.

And E1 still rock.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads