solid and amazing

Started 11 months ago | User reviews
MasDhani
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
solid and amazing
11 months ago

This is my 1st camera, actually when I want to buying camera, I focused on budget, and after I browsing I found this K-01, at that time there is promotion, and I buy at $460 with 2 lens kit, 18-55mm and 50-200mm, day by day I used this camera, I fell this is an amazing camera, with special price and full with feature, may be because I'm still newbie, but trust me this is a solid & great camera

and as a mirrorless camera he doesn't need to use any adapter for other Pentax lens, because he have the same mount with SLR Pentax's

great...

my concern is, he can't use trigger

MasDhani's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
great
= community average
ASR45
Forum ProPosts: 32,198Gear list
Like?
Re: solid and amazing
In reply to MasDhani, 11 months ago

Nice to know, i have also seen good things from it.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot G12 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,832Gear list
Like?
In reply to ASR45, 11 months ago

It didn't appeal to me, but one of our forum members who lives in Montreal has posted a great many beautiful nature images -- primarily frogs and other "water" shots -- he took with his, so it's obviously a camera capable of producing some excellent images in the right hands.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,637
Like?

The K-01 is an extremely fun camera to use IMO. I liked it so much that I bought seven of them. I have given away three so far and I might give one more away. However, I am keeping a black, a white, and a yellow one for myself.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,377Gear list
Like?
In reply to brandrx, 11 months ago

Glad you like it so much !

I also like mine a lot, sure it's not perfect but it's so much fun to shoot with and it feels solid in the hands. IQ is great and it might become a collector item

Happy shooting.

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
mike703
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,850
Like?

I agree.  It has some obvious limitations but the IQ for the money (mine was £219 UK, cheaper than my mid-range compact) is great.  It's not much use for sports / action but for anything that doesn't move much it works fine.

Best wishes

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads