QX100,QX10 already hits no.1 best selling camera lens at amazon.

Started Sep 5, 2013 | Discussions
yonsarh
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
QX100,QX10 already hits no.1 best selling camera lens at amazon.
Sep 5, 2013

I wonder, what thoughts does Ricoh have now?

-- hide signature --

Ricoh customer since 2009

yonsarh's gear list:yonsarh's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
BG_CX3_DPREVIEW
Senior MemberPosts: 1,746Gear list
Like?
Re: QX100,QX10 already hits no.1 best selling camera lens at amazon.
In reply to yonsarh, Sep 5, 2013

Well,

i certainly hope Ricoh does not jump on that train.

Pentax might do so.

Ricoh is a niche brand, making cameras for photo enthousiast, cameras with really great capabilities,

This Sony add on will perform average very good, but a Ricoh fan is not really interested in average pics, we want niche pics, so i can imagine during holidays everybody wants to make that same picture of the falls or the Eifeltower with their smartphone QX,

but a Ricoh fan climbs in to the tower and shoots parrallel to the beams top -down or makes a perfect BxW of 2 drops of the falls.

I really can see the market for this growing, probably easier this way, than to make  a 24 MP smartphone, like Nokia or Samsung is trying to do.

Everybody is jumping in the same pool and smartphone adn pocket cams is simply the next step in the black hole smartphone evolution, which began by eating portable radio,  MP3 players, MP4, Ipods, GPS,... and now is trying to suck in tablets (very big smartphones) and pocket cams.

BG_CX3_DPREVIEW's gear list:BG_CX3_DPREVIEW's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 Ricoh CX6 HTC Windows Phone 8X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,104Gear list
Like?
Re: QX100,QX10 already hits no.1 best selling camera lens at amazon.
In reply to BG_CX3_DPREVIEW, Sep 15, 2013

Ricoh are not into making cellphones yet and unless them buy some struggling manufacturer like Microsoft just did with Nokia I've hard to see them enter the cellphone market. But a GR-cellphone without protruding lens might be something. Sensor-size should be the 1/1.7"

But as said I doubt it is going to happen.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads