Like?
Galaxy NX Pricing revealed
11 months ago
Bryan M
Contributing MemberPosts: 519Gear list
Like?
Re: Galaxy NX Pricing revealed
In reply to Mhotep, 11 months ago

I'm baffled by this pricing by Samsung. Phandroid is reporting it at $1600 which is way too much. I predict within 6 months after release we will see big price drops. Even if this was camera was $1000 I would have no interest in it. I am hoping for something more enticing from the NX30 if it shows.

-- hide signature --

Bryan
www.bcmcue.com

Bryan M's gear list:Bryan M's gear list
Samsung NX300 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Raf007
Regular MemberPosts: 160
Like?
In reply to Bryan M, 11 months ago

the price is ridiculous, youcan get a better camera for half the money

jennyrae
Senior MemberPosts: 1,391
Like?

there is wrong with this pricing.

nx200super
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
In reply to jennyrae, 11 months ago

i'd say $899 body only would've been more realistic.

nx200super's gear list:nx200super's gear list
Samsung NX200 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS
Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,483Gear list
Like?
yeah, this doesn't make any sense

That price is just outrageous. Sammy shot itself in the foot with this one. Something like $800€ for the body and $900€ with lens would have been ok. Those interested in "serious" photography will not even concider this product due to lack of physical controls and the rest will not pay that much for a toy.

I really hope Samsung will introduce actual photography gear for the NX-line really soon (and I hope they won't have such hilarious pricing). Otherwise I'm soon selling my NX gear and going for Sony NEX6 and NEX lenses. Sony has pretty much surpassed Samsung on this mirrorless segment (except for the pancake lenses), Samsung needs to up it's game. Where are the fast zoom lenses, fast primes, tele lenses and higher-end bodies?!

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
strata83
Contributing MemberPosts: 718Gear list
Like?
Re: yeah, this doesn't make any sense
In reply to Arn, 11 months ago

Where are the fast zoom lenses, fast primes, tele lenses and higher-end bodies?!

If you are not satisfied with Samsung's range of fast primes, you won't be satisfied with Sony's either.

strata83's gear list:strata83's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Nikon 1 V1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6
tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,110Gear list
Like?

I don't like the galaxy nx concept, but its existence doesn't make my faithful nx300 any worse. I just hope to see a nx30 in 2014, same as nx300 but with an evf in a corner, larger buffer and, why not, even better sensor.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
crsantin
Contributing MemberPosts: 534
Like?
In reply to tecnoworld, 11 months ago

I get the impression this camera isn't meant to be a flagship Samsung model or one that is going to make a any kind of profit for them.  It seems to me to be an experimental product, an attempt to do something different and figure out where cameras are headed in the future.  Samsung won't sell very many of these, but I think we are looking at the future of digital imaging with this camera.  A lot of people are balking now, but in 5-10 years these types of cameras will be the norm.  Samsung has put themselves in a good position for the future by doing this now.  It's a first effort, one that will pay off 5 years from now.

tecnoworld
Like?
In reply to crsantin, 11 months ago

I tend to agree (and hope you're right about it not being the flagship!).

Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
MGJA
Regular MemberPosts: 362Gear list
Like?

The Sony A3000 DSLR style NEX is $400. I would think long and hard before I decided the Galaxy NX is worth 4 of those.

And while the NEX lens line-up still isn't anything to get very excited about, it seems to be improving at a faster clip than NX.

Samsung better up their ante. As opposed to their pricing.

mathOS
Regular MemberPosts: 224Gear list
Like?

You can get NX300 + S4 for the price...

I like my nx10 a lot and I am somehow an NX fanboy, but sometimes I have the feeling that Samsung nx marketing team lives on another planet. Maybe Samsung will finally succeed in the photographic business, but not with a 1700$ Galaxy NX, for sure.

Still waiting for a convincing NX30 at a decent price (say 1000$ with a kit lens).

-- hide signature --
 mathOS's gear list:mathOS's gear list
Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samyang 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS +5 more
tecnoworld
Like?
In reply to mathOS, 11 months ago

Considering how much diffidence there is in samsung, the nx30 can only be succesfull if:

- implements a totally new evf, higher res and dr than nx20 and not sequential

- has big raw buffer and very fast operations

- has a cool design and look

- has tizen in it

- has the best in class sensor

- has even faster af then nx300

It should also have ibis, to distinguish itself.

Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,483Gear list
Like?
Re: primes
In reply to strata83, 11 months ago

strata83 wrote:

Where are the fast zoom lenses, fast primes, tele lenses and higher-end bodies?!

If you are not satisfied with Samsung's range of fast primes, you won't be satisfied with Sony's either.

A fair point, though Sony's got 24/1.8 (I would really like to see an equivalent on Samsung) and 35/1.8. I am satisfied with the performance of the current lenses. 45/1.8 is very nice and I love the size-price-performance ratio of the 30/2, even tough it could have better contrast. I don't own the 85/1.4, but I know it's really good. What I'm missing on the prime segment is 24/2 or 24/1.4, 35/1.4 or 30/1.4 and ~50/1.4. Also a 100mm/2.8 macro would be nice, but it should also AF quickly.

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
tecnoworld
Like?
Re: primes

24 and 35 primes, both f1.4 or even 1.2, would be two lenses that could make nx a high selling system.

Kaziklu
Regular MemberPosts: 481
Like?

Well.. a new 70D is $1199 (body only) and a new Galazy S4 full retail is about $639 so this is $238 dollars cheaper... so there is that...

Samsung is on drugs I think.

William Hubert
Contributing MemberPosts: 659Gear list
Like?
Way too much $ $ $
In reply to tecnoworld, 11 months ago

Velly interesting, but the price is stupid. There is little point for putting out pie in the sky pricing. I think we all know that it will quickly be under $999 and within a year under $600.

Seems at least that one could transfer any type of file out of the camera because it is android. Wow imagine you could send out RAW files and video. What a concept !

Bill

-- hide signature --

As with many things in life a great photograph has strong appeal for what is NOT in the picture.

William Hubert's gear list:William Hubert's gear list
Samsung NV11 Samsung TL500 Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D +16 more
jennyrae
Senior MemberPosts: 1,391
Like?
Re: Way too much $ $ $
In reply to William Hubert, 11 months ago

Samsung probably hired people from Sigma who priced SD1.

007peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,085Gear list
Like?
I can buy a Fullframe Canon 6D ($1499) + 40mm f/2.8 Pancake for less
In reply to Bryan M, 11 months ago

Bryan M wrote: I'm baffled by this pricing by Samsung. Phandroid is reporting it at $1600 which is way too much. I predict within 6 months after release we will see big price drops. Even if this was camera was $1000 I would have no interest in it. I am hoping for something more enticing from the NX30 if it shows.

Wow, $1600 is a lot money

I can easily buy a Full frame Canon 6D ($1499) with a 40mm pancake lens ($120 on ebay) for less.  Samsung product has never been cheap nor price competitive, but $1600...really?

Gesture
Senior MemberPosts: 1,942Gear list
Like?
Re: I can buy a Fullframe Canon 6D ($1499) + 40mm f/2.8 Pancake for less
In reply to 007peter, 11 months ago

"I can easily buy a Full frame Canon 6D ($1499) with a 40mm pancake lens ($120 on ebay) for less. Samsung product has never been cheap nor price competitive, but $1600...really?"

Good thought.  Prove the concept first. Yes, many commercial folks who take on-scene photos (architects, real estate, police) might like what this offers-but also get it into enthusiast's hands.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads