Any info that indicates the NEX 7 upgrade will be bundled with 16-70

Started Aug 28, 2013 | Discussions
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,831
Like?
Any info that indicates the NEX 7 upgrade will be bundled with 16-70
Aug 28, 2013

I'm sure I missed it if something was posted... but, have any rumors, leaks, etc indicated that the NEX 7 upgrade will be bundled with the 16-70?    I'm hoping for a bundled price of $1999 or less -- realistic or no?

1prime
Contributing MemberPosts: 849Gear list
Like?
Re: Any info that indicates the NEX 7 upgrade will be bundled with 16-70
In reply to Clayton1985, Aug 28, 2013

I'm sure I missed it if something was posted... but, have any rumors, leaks, etc indicated that the NEX 7 upgrade will be bundled with the 16-70?    I'm hoping for a bundled price of $1999 or less -- realistic or no?

There's a bunch of us waiting for that bundle. Now SAR is indicating end of Sept or Oct. This has been going on for over 6 months. But I'm still checking every day.
--
1prime

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lmtfa
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?

Clayton1985 wrote:

I'm sure I missed it if something was posted... but, have any rumors, leaks, etc indicated that the NEX 7 upgrade will be bundled with the 16-70? I'm hoping for a bundled price of $1999 or less -- realistic or no?

If a redesigned NEX 7 is bundled with the 16-70 for $1999 or less" I will take three and eat my shoe. Forum rule #Columbian Red, no smoking before posting.

Nice gallery photos.

-- hide signature --

III Corps - I Must Go

lmtfa's gear list:lmtfa's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
1prime
Like?
In reply to lmtfa, Aug 28, 2013

Clayton1985 wrote:

I'm sure I missed it if something was posted... but, have any rumors, leaks, etc indicated that the NEX 7 upgrade will be bundled with the 16-70? I'm hoping for a bundled price of $1999 or less -- realistic or no?

If a redesigned NEX 7 is bundled with the 16-70 for $1999 or less" I will take three and eat my shoe. Forum rule #Columbian Red, no smoking before posting.

Nice gallery photos.

-- hide signature --

III Corps - I Must Go

I didn't agree to smoke shoe leather or any other substance, but I realized after posting I too should have commented that $1500 & $1000 just can not total $1900, bundled or not. But it should be worth waiting for some bundle discount. While the quality of the 7x & 20-70 Z match up, it's certainly not a kit lens & I'm thinking Sony might bundle the lesser but improved G zoom. But a bundled 20-70 would be an atonement for the extreme delay of the 7x.
--
1prime

Juhaz
Regular MemberPosts: 238Gear list
Like?
In reply to 1prime, Aug 28, 2013

1prime wrote:

I didn't agree to smoke shoe leather or any other substance, but I realized after posting I too should have commented that $1500 & $1000 just can not total $1900, bundled or not. But it should be worth waiting for some bundle discount. While the quality of the 7x & 20-70 Z match up, it's certainly not a kit lens & I'm thinking Sony might bundle the lesser but improved G zoom. But a bundled 20-70 would be an atonement for the extreme delay of the 7x.

Sony has nothing to "atone" for for not releasing unfinished junk. If, in this day an age when that is the norm, they take the time to actually come up with something worth releasing, they deserve a bloody MEDAL, not blame.

It's ready when it's ready.

Juhaz's gear list:Juhaz's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,877Gear list
Like?

Clayton1985 wrote:

Zeiss lenses in a bundle for a discount? I don't think so.

The only thing that I have seen Sony do is to discount their bodies at the end of the life-cycle, and then offer a 'bundle' discount on a major bundle - e.g. you can get $700 off if you bundle the A99 with other lenses (certain rules) - now you have a discount that applies to the Zeiss lenses.

Sony can discount the new Nex-7 by e.g. 20% at the end of next year, giving you a $300 discount under the same rules.

Their 'kit' lenses come in bundles - as they were designed for 'low cost'. E.g. the recent Nex-3N can be had with the E1650 for little more than the E1650 alone.

Doubtful to see such deals on Zeiss lenses, ever..

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,387Gear list
Like?
In reply to blue_skies, Aug 28, 2013

"Their 'kit' lenses come in bundles - as they were designed for 'low cost'. E.g. the recent Nex-3N can be had with the E1650 for little more than the E1650 alone."

That just tells me something about the true cost of the 3N.

Regards,

Steve

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,394Gear list
Like?

Clayton1985 wrote:

There might be a store bundle or you might be able to negotiate with the sales rep. But, there wont be an official boxed kit with the Zeiss lens. The whole point of a "kit lens" is for the manufacturer to throw in something cheap to make (like the 18-55) and allow them to mark up the price.

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
1prime
Like?
In reply to Juhaz, Aug 28, 2013

1prime wrote:

Sony has nothing to "atone" for for not releasing unfinished junk. If, in this day an age when that is the norm, they take the time to actually come up with something worth releasing, they deserve a bloody MEDAL, not blame.

I agree.
--
1prime

hyenadog
Contributing MemberPosts: 721
Like?
In reply to captura, Aug 28, 2013

the street price NEW of the 16-50 vs other SEL lenses eg SEL50 should tell you all you need to know .. SEL16-50 half or less RRP, SEL50 not much different

if you sell tens of thousands of a lens its unit breakeven cost drops dramatically .. if you sell the odd one eg zeiss then its price stays "zeiss price" .. the SEL50 for example has sold a shedload full so it must be making sony a packet

the likes of the 7 only sell a handfull so its a cost on the nex line, the 3/5 are the big sellers so put a 3/5 and a kitlens together and you can afford a pretty big discount ..

Clayton1985
Like?
In reply to blue_skies, Aug 28, 2013

blue_skies wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Zeiss lenses in a bundle for a discount? I don't think so.

The only thing that I have seen Sony do is to discount their bodies at the end of the life-cycle, and then offer a 'bundle' discount on a major bundle - e.g. you can get $700 off if you bundle the A99 with other lenses (certain rules) - now you have a discount that applies to the Zeiss lenses.

Sony can discount the new Nex-7 by e.g. 20% at the end of next year, giving you a $300 discount under the same rules.

Their 'kit' lenses come in bundles - as they were designed for 'low cost'. E.g. the recent Nex-3N can be had with the E1650 for little more than the E1650 alone.

Doubtful to see such deals on Zeiss lenses, ever..

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

Yeah, probably a little too optimistic but one can hope . I will say that Sony did break the kit lens trend with the A77+16-50 f2.8 so you never know.  Also, the A99 with CZ 24-70 is $700 off right now but the A99 has been out for a while.

I also didn't realize that the $1500 price was already leaked/confirmed. I expected it to be around $1399.

I do think that the price of the upgraded NEX 7 will have to be carefully considered with the full frame model on the horizon. Nikon surprised a lot of people with the low price on the D600 and I think it was necessary so that the price wasn't too close to the D800.

JYPfoto
Regular MemberPosts: 305Gear list
Like?

Clayton1985 wrote:

I can see it being an option for a bundle, not just body only and Zeiss zoom.  Three different options could be here, body only, cheap zoom, and premium zoom.  I could see it being body only for $1,500, kit with standard 18-55 zoom for $1,700, and 2nd bundle with the Zeiss for $2,300.  I don't see them giving more than. $200 discount for the bundle.

Pricing will probably be very similar to the upcoming Olympus EM-1 since both will be their companies flagship model.   Again a body only price, a cheap zoom price, and a premium zoom price.

JYPfoto's gear list:JYPfoto's gear list
Ricoh GR Sony Alpha 7 Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +1 more
santiclaws
Contributing MemberPosts: 669
Like?
In reply to Clayton1985, Aug 29, 2013

Yeah, probably a little too optimistic but one can hope . I will say that Sony did break the kit lens trend with the A77+16-50 f2.8 so you never know.

There was also the A700/Sony 16-105mm before that, but both lenses were around $600 on their own. I suspect that if they bundle anything, it would be the 18-105mm.

Picsmcgee
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?
In reply to Juhaz, Aug 29, 2013

Juhaz wrote:

1prime wrote:

Well said. The NEX7 is a great camera, when the upadate/upgrade/replacement comes, i will be in line, I love the camera that much!

Picsmcgee's gear list:Picsmcgee's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
Clayton1985
Like?
In reply to santiclaws, Aug 29, 2013

santiclaws wrote:

Yeah, probably a little too optimistic but one can hope . I will say that Sony did break the kit lens trend with the A77+16-50 f2.8 so you never know.

There was also the A700/Sony 16-105mm before that, but both lenses were around $600 on their own. I suspect that if they bundle anything, it would be the 18-105mm.

You may be right....  I could try the 18-105 but I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with the 16-70.  If the price is good I might come out better selling the 18-105 and buying the 16-70 vs buying the body only.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads