Al Jazeera TV Show Ideas

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Collett
Senior MemberPosts: 4,891
Like?
Re: I wonder why?
In reply to lmtfa, 8 months ago

lmtfa wrote:

Collett wrote:

taintedcamera wrote:

taintedcamera wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Collett wrote:

Todd Ka wrote:

Ok ladies and gents time to put on your thinking cap and pitch some ideas for the titles of some upcoming Al Jazeera TV programs.

I will start:

How I Stoned Your Mother

The Really Big Bang Theory

How to deprogram dumbfuk rednecks who have not read or watched much other than The Bible and Fox News.

I'm catching a really negative vibe from you Collett. . . . . .

Don't like negative stereotypes when they hit close to home Itchhh? Neither do I.

While I do not watch Al Jazeera, they have a reputation for being more accurate and less biased than either Fox or MSNBC.

Much like RT News? Or theTehran Times?

Have either of those received Colombia Universities top Journalism Award or these awards ?

"The furor over anti-Israel bias at Columbia University deepened when four more students came forward to document failures by the university administration to respond to charges of academic intimidation by faculty."

http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/1700

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/2013/05/09/examining-columbias-alleged-culture-bias

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/12/columbia-panel-on-occupy-tea-party-movements-was-unbalanced-affair-critic-says/

I was not aware of this. Thanks. That said, do you have any doubts about who really has more influence in media - The Arabs/Muslims or the Jews (see also)? And do you deny the pervasive influence of AIPAC on US foreign policy and aid? (see Source 1 , Source 2 Source 3 and the .pdf in this link for a detailed article).

I for one welcome a counter balance to the above and the likes of Fox News using fear and content selection that promotes prejudice against Arabs and Muslims in order to justify our foreign policy and the invading their countries and trying to get the resources on the cheap.

Off topic. Lighten up , have you no sense of humor at least one time.

The problem with jokes is that they tend to desensitize people, and if heard enough they become subconsciously part of our belief system - like a habit if you will.  I have seen it in my life w/r/t gays and African Americans.

Since the post you are replying to is about the double standard between how the American public perceives the influence of Muslim/Arab media vs Jewish/Israel influences, how do you think this thread would have gone over if it was a joke about The Jews in media?

-- hide signature --

III Corps - I Must Go

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,761Gear list
Like?
"All the News your media is hiding from you"
In reply to Collett, 8 months ago

Collett wrote:

Todd Ka wrote:

Ok ladies and gents time to put on your thinking cap and pitch some ideas for the titles of some upcoming Al Jazeera TV programs.

I will start:

How I Stoned Your Mother

The Really Big Bang Theory

How to deprogram dumbfuk rednecks who have not read or watched much other than The Bible and Fox News.

Al Jazeerra is certainly making enemies from people who've never seen it... 

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,761Gear list
Like?
Not very well at all... :(
In reply to Collett, 8 months ago

Collett wrote:

lmtfa wrote:

Collett wrote:

taintedcamera wrote:

taintedcamera wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Collett wrote:

Todd Ka wrote:

Ok ladies and gents time to put on your thinking cap and pitch some ideas for the titles of some upcoming Al Jazeera TV programs.

I will start:

How I Stoned Your Mother

The Really Big Bang Theory

How to deprogram dumbfuk rednecks who have not read or watched much other than The Bible and Fox News.

I'm catching a really negative vibe from you Collett. . . . . .

Don't like negative stereotypes when they hit close to home Itchhh? Neither do I.

While I do not watch Al Jazeera, they have a reputation for being more accurate and less biased than either Fox or MSNBC.

Much like RT News? Or theTehran Times?

Have either of those received Colombia Universities top Journalism Award or these awards ?

"The furor over anti-Israel bias at Columbia University deepened when four more students came forward to document failures by the university administration to respond to charges of academic intimidation by faculty."

http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/1700

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/2013/05/09/examining-columbias-alleged-culture-bias

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/12/columbia-panel-on-occupy-tea-party-movements-was-unbalanced-affair-critic-says/

I was not aware of this. Thanks. That said, do you have any doubts about who really has more influence in media - The Arabs/Muslims or the Jews (see also)? And do you deny the pervasive influence of AIPAC on US foreign policy and aid? (see Source 1 , Source 2 Source 3 and the .pdf in this link for a detailed article).

I for one welcome a counter balance to the above and the likes of Fox News using fear and content selection that promotes prejudice against Arabs and Muslims in order to justify our foreign policy and the invading their countries and trying to get the resources on the cheap.

Off topic. Lighten up , have you no sense of humor at least one time.

The problem with jokes is that they tend to desensitize people, and if heard enough they become subconsciously part of our belief system - like a habit if you will. I have seen it in my life w/r/t gays and African Americans.

Since the post you are replying to is about the double standard between how the American public perceives the influence of Muslim/Arab media vs Jewish/Israel influences, how do you think this thread would have gone over if it was a joke about The Jews in media?

Anyone is free to "debunk" Al Jezeera. But they can't. They're too busy providing sterotypes to actually see a story that they THINK is not true, or biased.

When I attack a Fox program, at least I've seen it. Apparently all that's necessary here is to accuse them of being "Al Qaeda Light" and it's case closed...

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
KEVZPHOTOS
Forum ProPosts: 16,170
Like?
Re: Al Jazeera TV Show Ideas
In reply to Collett, 8 months ago

Collett wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Collett wrote:

Todd Ka wrote:

Ok ladies and gents time to put on your thinking cap and pitch some ideas for the titles of some upcoming Al Jazeera TV programs.

I will start:

How I Stoned Your Mother

The Really Big Bang Theory

How to deprogram dumbfuk rednecks who have not read or watched much other than The Bible and Fox News.

I'm catching a really negative vibe from you Collett. . . . . .

Don't like negative stereotypes when they hit close to home Itchhh? Neither do I.

While I do not watch Al Jazeera, they have a reputation for being more accurate and less biased than either Fox or MSNBC.

Jimbo,

Al Jazeera are a good news station, etc...however, they certainly DO have an Arab bias when it comes to anything Israeli-Palestinian related.

Please don't think otherwise....

KEV

-- hide signature --

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Collett
Senior MemberPosts: 4,891
Like?
Re: Al Jazeera TV Show Ideas
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, 8 months ago

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Collett wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Collett wrote:

Todd Ka wrote:

Ok ladies and gents time to put on your thinking cap and pitch some ideas for the titles of some upcoming Al Jazeera TV programs.

I will start:

How I Stoned Your Mother

The Really Big Bang Theory

How to deprogram dumbfuk rednecks who have not read or watched much other than The Bible and Fox News.

I'm catching a really negative vibe from you Collett. . . . . .

Don't like negative stereotypes when they hit close to home Itchhh? Neither do I.

While I do not watch Al Jazeera, they have a reputation for being more accurate and less biased than either Fox or MSNBC.

Jimbo,

Al Jazeera are a good news station, etc...however, they certainly DO have an Arab bias when it comes to anything Israeli-Palestinian related.

Please don't think otherwise....

I don't Kev.  As I told TC, I just think its nice to have alternative viewpoints and I understand where theirs is coming from as well.

KEV

-- hide signature --

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lmtfa
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?
Re: I wonder why?
In reply to Collett, 8 months ago

Collett wrote:

lmtfa wrote:

Collett wrote:

taintedcamera wrote:

taintedcamera wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Collett wrote:

Todd Ka wrote:

Ok ladies and gents time to put on your thinking cap and pitch some ideas for the titles of some upcoming Al Jazeera TV programs.

I will start:

How I Stoned Your Mother

The Really Big Bang Theory

How to deprogram dumbfuk rednecks who have not read or watched much other than The Bible and Fox News.

I'm catching a really negative vibe from you Collett. . . . . .

Don't like negative stereotypes when they hit close to home Itchhh? Neither do I.

While I do not watch Al Jazeera, they have a reputation for being more accurate and less biased than either Fox or MSNBC.

Much like RT News? Or theTehran Times?

Have either of those received Colombia Universities top Journalism Award or these awards ?

"The furor over anti-Israel bias at Columbia University deepened when four more students came forward to document failures by the university administration to respond to charges of academic intimidation by faculty."

http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/1700

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/2013/05/09/examining-columbias-alleged-culture-bias

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/12/columbia-panel-on-occupy-tea-party-movements-was-unbalanced-affair-critic-says/

I was not aware of this. Thanks. That said, do you have any doubts about who really has more influence in media - The Arabs/Muslims or the Jews (see also)? And do you deny the pervasive influence of AIPAC on US foreign policy and aid? (see Source 1 , Source 2 Source 3 and the .pdf in this link for a detailed article).

I for one welcome a counter balance to the above and the likes of Fox News using fear and content selection that promotes prejudice against Arabs and Muslims in order to justify our foreign policy and the invading their countries and trying to get the resources on the cheap.

Off topic. Lighten up , have you no sense of humor at least one time.

The problem with jokes is that they tend to desensitize people, and if heard enough they become subconsciously part of our belief system - like a habit if you will. I have seen it in my life w/r/t gays and African Americans.

Since the post you are replying to is about the double standard between how the American public perceives the influence of Muslim/Arab media vs Jewish/Israel influences, how do you think this thread would have gone over if it was a joke about The Jews in media?

Ok. How many Jews does it take too screw in a lightbulb. Eight, one to hold the bulb and seven to spin the ladder around. Collett just guessing but did you grow up in a hate filled family, Arab American, no hobbies or just plain hate Jews, white males and the American way. You want people to understand you. Why? You think we are mindless idiots skipping along while you have all the answers?  I could care less if  you hate Orangutans that have a deeper reddish brown coat than the norm. I'll help you out with some humor the OP asked for:

Movie

Gone With The Sand Storm

Is that neutral enough for you?

-- hide signature --

III Corps - I Must Go

-- hide signature --

III Corps - I Must Go

 lmtfa's gear list:lmtfa's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Collett
Senior MemberPosts: 4,891
Like?
You have a very active imagination
In reply to lmtfa, 8 months ago

lmtfa wrote:

Collett wrote:

lmtfa wrote:

Collett wrote:

taintedcamera wrote:

taintedcamera wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Collett wrote:

Todd Ka wrote:

Ok ladies and gents time to put on your thinking cap and pitch some ideas for the titles of some upcoming Al Jazeera TV programs.

I will start:

How I Stoned Your Mother

The Really Big Bang Theory

How to deprogram dumbfuk rednecks who have not read or watched much other than The Bible and Fox News.

I'm catching a really negative vibe from you Collett. . . . . .

Don't like negative stereotypes when they hit close to home Itchhh? Neither do I.

While I do not watch Al Jazeera, they have a reputation for being more accurate and less biased than either Fox or MSNBC.

Much like RT News? Or theTehran Times?

Have either of those received Colombia Universities top Journalism Award or these awards ?

"The furor over anti-Israel bias at Columbia University deepened when four more students came forward to document failures by the university administration to respond to charges of academic intimidation by faculty."

http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/1700

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/2013/05/09/examining-columbias-alleged-culture-bias

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/12/columbia-panel-on-occupy-tea-party-movements-was-unbalanced-affair-critic-says/

I was not aware of this. Thanks. That said, do you have any doubts about who really has more influence in media - The Arabs/Muslims or the Jews (see also)? And do you deny the pervasive influence of AIPAC on US foreign policy and aid? (see Source 1 , Source 2 Source 3 and the .pdf in this link for a detailed article).

I for one welcome a counter balance to the above and the likes of Fox News using fear and content selection that promotes prejudice against Arabs and Muslims in order to justify our foreign policy and the invading their countries and trying to get the resources on the cheap.

Off topic. Lighten up , have you no sense of humor at least one time.

The problem with jokes is that they tend to desensitize people, and if heard enough they become subconsciously part of our belief system - like a habit if you will. I have seen it in my life w/r/t gays and African Americans.

Since the post you are replying to is about the double standard between how the American public perceives the influence of Muslim/Arab media vs Jewish/Israel influences, how do you think this thread would have gone over if it was a joke about The Jews in media?

Ok. How many Jews does it take too screw in a lightbulb. Eight, one to hold the bulb and seven to spin the ladder around. Collett just guessing but did you grow up in a hate filled family, Arab American, no hobbies or just plain hate Jews, white males and the American way. You want people to understand you. Why? You think we are mindless idiots skipping along while you have all the answers? I could care less if you hate Orangutans that have a deeper reddish brown coat than the norm. I'll help you out with some humor the OP asked for:

Movie

Gone With The Sand Storm

Is that neutral enough for you?

You have a very active imagination.  Acquire some logic and facts to go with that, and perhaps we can have an adult conversation

-- hide signature --

III Corps - I Must Go

-- hide signature --

III Corps - I Must Go

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,761Gear list
Like?
Re: You have a very active imagination
In reply to Collett, 8 months ago

Collett wrote:


Is that neutral enough for you?

You have a very active imagination. Acquire some logic and facts to go with that, and perhaps we can have an adult conversation

At a time when Al Jezzerra is being compared to Al Qaeda, I see nothing funny about joining the chorus of "Hate."

I HAVE made jokes at the expense of Al Qaeda and the Taliban. But for a joke to be "funny," it has to have a grain of truth behind it. Where is this grain of truth is saying they will have a TV program called:

"How I stoned your Mother?"

Would it be a laughing matter if I made a joke about the Republican Platform, where I titled on of their planks, "How to use the Bible to teach a woman to enjoy being raped?"

And oddly enough, although I would never make such a joke, there's MORE truth in that, then in the above.

This is not a question of being PC. This is a question of trying to destroy a media outlet by a chorus of slander.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Todd Ka
Senior MemberPosts: 2,255Gear list
Like?
Re: You have a very active imagination
In reply to Chato, 8 months ago

Chato wrote:

Collett wrote:

Is that neutral enough for you?

You have a very active imagination. Acquire some logic and facts to go with that, and perhaps we can have an adult conversation

At a time when Al Jezzerra is being compared to Al Qaeda, I see nothing funny about joining the chorus of "Hate."

I HAVE made jokes at the expense of Al Qaeda and the Taliban. But for a joke to be "funny," it has to have a grain of truth behind it. Where is this grain of truth is saying they will have a TV program called:

"How I stoned your Mother?"

Women are frequently stoned in the Arab world often for alleged infidelity. That is an irrefutable fact.   Watch "the stoning of soroya m." to get an idea of what goes on there.  Amnesty internal is a good place to learn more about it.   Al Jazzerra is an Arab media network. So yes there is a "grain (or a rock) of truth"

Would it be a laughing matter if I made a joke about the Republican Platform, where I titled on of their planks, "How to use the Bible to teach a woman to enjoy being raped?"

There is no zero truth in the above statement.

And oddly enough, although I would never make such a joke, there's MORE truth in that, then in the above.

The is zero truth in your statement about "using the bible to teach woman to enjoy being raped".

This is not a question of being PC. This is a question of trying to destroy a media outlet by a chorus of slander.

It is absolutely a question about being PC as I and this post have zero power destroy a media outlet.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,761Gear list
Like?
Re: You have a very active imagination
In reply to Todd Ka, 8 months ago

Todd Ka wrote:

Chato wrote:

Collett wrote:

Is that neutral enough for you?

You have a very active imagination. Acquire some logic and facts to go with that, and perhaps we can have an adult conversation

At a time when Al Jezzerra is being compared to Al Qaeda, I see nothing funny about joining the chorus of "Hate."

I HAVE made jokes at the expense of Al Qaeda and the Taliban. But for a joke to be "funny," it has to have a grain of truth behind it. Where is this grain of truth is saying they will have a TV program called:

"How I stoned your Mother?"

Women are frequently stoned in the Arab world often for alleged infidelity. That is an irrefutable fact. Watch "the stoning of soroya m." to get an idea of what goes on there. Amnesty internal is a good place to learn more about it. Al Jazzerra is an Arab media network. So yes there is a "grain (or a rock) of truth"

And Repblicans call the result of rape a gift from God. What's your point? Honor killings are common throughout Christian Latin America, does that mean that civilized Chrisitans back them?

What does stoning have to do with a media company like Al Jezeera?

Nothing at all. It's just a ghastly sterotype. It NOT Funny, anymore than saying Republicans advocate rape is funny.

Would it be a laughing matter if I made a joke about the Republican Platform, where I titled on of their planks, "How to use the Bible to teach a woman to enjoy being raped?"

There is no zero truth in the above statement.

And oddly enough, although I would never make such a joke, there's MORE truth in that, then in the above.

The is zero truth in your statement about "using the bible to teach woman to enjoy being raped".

"She should look on this child as a gift from God."

This is not a question of being PC. This is a question of trying to destroy a media outlet by a chorus of slander.

It is absolutely a question about being PC as I and this post have zero power destroy a media outlet.

All of us collectively speak to other people. The totality of that effort effects public consiousness. No one can escape their responsibility, no matter how small that responsibility is.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lmtfa
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?
Re: chato cha cha
In reply to Chato, 8 months ago

Like your site, your for the birds!

latest count.

Sryia.   Massacre

Irag.     Massacre

Libya, Egypt, Lebanon, Africa, Indonesia, Afganistan, Pakistan, Croatia and some former Soviet satillite countries.  Muslims being massacred by MUSLIMS. And you plus other knuckleheads here blame White non leftist Americans for intolerance and cause of the Massacres.

TV Show Proposal:

None, because WTFC any longer.

GO BRITIAN. STAY OUT OF THEIR MESS AND LET THEM KILL EACH OTHER.

-- hide signature --

III Corps - I Must Go

 lmtfa's gear list:lmtfa's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads