More specs on ILC-3000

Started Aug 25, 2013 | Discussions
Keit ll
Senior MemberPosts: 2,874Gear list
Like?
Re: More specs on ILC-3000
In reply to spacemn, Aug 26, 2013

How sad , that rules me out then. I did find it difficult to believe but I wanted to believe that Sony would do the right thing , oh well.

-- hide signature --

Keith C

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
4thnebula
Senior MemberPosts: 1,774Gear list
Like?
Bummer!-rules me out too...

Will keep Rebel after all.

4thnebula's gear list:4thnebula's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Olympus PEN E-PL5 +11 more
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,445Gear list
Like?
Re: No IBIS in ILC-3000
In reply to Keit ll, Aug 26, 2013

Keit ll wrote:

The ILC-3000 is now said to have IBIS & a metal lens mount , sounds too good to be true for £300 ? If AF only matches current cameras this could be an absolute winner ! A lot of current users will seriously consider this camera as a back-up.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/

-- hide signature --

Keith C

SAR just retracted the rumor.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +34 more
Lucas_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,973Gear list
Like?
Re: No IBIS in ILC-3000
In reply to blue_skies, Aug 26, 2013

blue_skies wrote:

Keit ll wrote:

The ILC-3000 is now said to have IBIS & a metal lens mount , sounds too good to be true for £300 ? If AF only matches current cameras this could be an absolute winner ! A lot of current users will seriously consider this camera as a back-up.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/

SAR just retracted the rumor.

As I already suspeted! 

... Lucas

-- hide signature --

Always having fun with photography
http://www.lucaspix.smugmug.com/

Lucas_'s gear list:Lucas_'s gear list
Minolta DiMAGE A1 Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7 +36 more
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,546Gear list
Like?
Re: ILC-3000 cheaper to make
In reply to tomtom50, Aug 26, 2013

tomtom50 wrote:

Think of it as an a37 without the pellicle or the separate PDAF module.

It is cheaper to build than competing DSLRs from Canon/Nikon/Pentax.

IBIS allows Sony to make cheap non-OS E-mount lenses for the ILC line. They will be affordable alternatives for NEX users as well. (Look at the Olympus 40-150 m43 lens. Cheap and light and optically quite decent)

My guess is that Sony has decided to attack the DSLR market from the bottom. The ILC-3000 is cheaper to make, so Sony can hold margin at low prices. To attack DSLRs it has to look like a DSLR, and it does! Expect to see this one at Costco.

Whether on-sensor PDAF is sorted out on the ILC-3000 is not critical. It is cheap and NEX level AF will be good enough. Later mid and up-market DSLRish E-mount cameras will need DSLR-level AF. Canon has shown it can be done with the 70D.

You have advanced some very good points here. And I actually own the Ollie 40-150R lens you just mentioned and yes it's cheap/small/light plastic lens-mount and very accurate. Being m43, it's 35mm equivalence is 80-300mm which would be equivalent to a NEX e-mount lens of 54-200mm!

The NEX E-55-210 lens is double the size and weight, and triple the cost! Point made.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
captura
Like?

spacemn wrote:

captura wrote:

spacemn wrote:

captura wrote:

spacemn wrote:

captura wrote:

4thnebula wrote:

Now that we have been straightened out that 300 pounds is about $450 that allows for the real possibility of Sony covering the cost of IBIS and tilting LCD screen. That would put the ILC-3000 ahead of the Canon SL1 rather than just equally competing with it.

No IBIS, no articulating screen, it's just a big 3n. With an EVF.

Well the rumor say it has IBIS and no-one know about it having an articulating screen or not.

The 3N is an expensive contructive due to the extreme compactness, like the other NEX cameras. The A3000 can share quite a few components with the A58.

SAR will drive us crazy with their rumors. How can the a-3000, a $400 camera, include a flip-screen and IBIS for that price? It has the old 230 K screen from the a37. The 3N is a cheap camera and built cheaply. It is now discontinued.

The a-5000 is more likely to get an articulating screen and IBIS.

Is the 3N discontinued?? It was released this year?!

What I mean is not that 3N is made of expensive materials and high grade, but for what it can and in that tiny form factor, is more expensive components required than putting the samme functionality in a larger body such as the ILC3000.

Who knows about the IBIS, we will find out tomorrow, but what will you do if it indeed has articulating screen and IBIS?

Announcement of the ILCE3000 in about 12 hours. It will have the simple form of IBIS.

No articulating screen and said to have only the 230K screen from the a37, a real let-down. But basically a 3n sheep in wolf's clothing? 20 mp sensor from a58. Maybe I'll get a body only.

Question I have..how good will the video be on this? A hypothetical ILCE7000 might be developed by Sony to be a great video platform, exceeding the Panasonic's similar-looking GH3.

Shoot! You were right, no IBIS after all:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/rumor-correction-ilc-3000-has-no-in-body-stabilization/#comments

As I said, SAR will drive us all crazy with their mistakes! I think they looked at the specifications for the ILCa5000 or the ILCa7000 (which they say they already have ) and got the stuff about stabilization from there. I am guessing it was the ILCa7000 because it's Olly's 5-axis IBIS which is a very expensive proposition.

More OPINIONS and QUESTIONS on 7x:

- If the ILCa7000 has 5-axis IBIS, then the NEX-7x should have it too, right?

- I think maybe $1400 for the NEX-7x? (they already said it will have weatherproofing..not cheap. And if the NEX-7x has weatherproofing, the at least 2 of the new lenses will also have weatherproofing.

???

Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
captura
Like?
In reply to Keit ll, Aug 26, 2013

Keit ll wrote:

How sad , that rules me out then. I did find it difficult to believe but I wanted to believe that Sony would do the right thing , oh well.

-- hide signature --

Keith C

the 5000 or 7000.

spacemn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,125
Like?
In reply to captura, Aug 26, 2013

Captura, I don't think the ILC-5000 and 7000 even has been rumored yet, is it a guess or have you read about it somewhere?

They will most probably come, but there has been nothing on them yet as far as I know.

Now I can't wait for the FF NEX or 7 successor!!

AngryCorgi
Contributing MemberPosts: 914Gear list
Like?

I was seriously, seriously considering snagging this camera with IBIS and a metabones speedbooster adapter (to C/Y mount), but now I'm less enthusiastic about it now that the IBIS is a no-go.  This could have been the perfect platform, with a decent EVF, for a budget FF-esque MF rig on a nice budget.

-- hide signature --

-AC-

captura
Like?

spacemn wrote:

Captura, I don't think the ILC-5000 and 7000 even has been rumored yet, is it a guess or have you read about it somewhere?

They will most probably come, but there has been nothing on them yet as far as I know.

Now I can't wait for the FF NEX or 7 successor!!

Yes I read it on a website where they werre discussing the nomenclature for all of the new Sony MILC cameras.

DT200
Contributing MemberPosts: 835
Like?
That stinks
In reply to Lucas_, Aug 27, 2013

I was interested in one.  I still can't figure out if there will be a new cheap alpha with it soon.  It was a feature I wanted.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads