European Vacation (photos)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Dan W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,776Gear list
Like?
European Vacation (photos)
8 months ago

My wife and I just returned from our vacation in Europe. The occasion was our 35th wedding anniversary so we planned a nice trip that included visits to Amsterdam, Brugge and Paris, as well as a cruise to Norway from Amsterdam.

We had a great time. I planned to take a lot of photos and took my 5R as well as my DSLR (D7000). I used the 5R as much as possible and it worked out well. I brought only two lenses, the 16mm pancake plus fisheye attachment and the Sigma 30mm (original version). The Sigma is sharp as everyone here knows but the pancake is fine too IMO.

Unfortunately, while riding a tandem bike in Amsterdam, the Sigma dropped out of my pocket and hit the ground! It appeared to be ok but was stuck wide open and the AF was broken. To my surprise and relief, I found another copy at a good price in Haugesund, Norway. Thank you, Japan Photo.

I'm still going through my photos, but here are two each from the 16mm and the 30mm.

DW

On the way to Norway from Amsterdam--16mm with fisheye

Near Flåm, Norway--16mm

My wife at Sacre Coeur--Sigma

Amsterdam canal house stairwell--Sigma

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7000 NEX5R
Dan W
Like?
Re: European Vacation (photos)
In reply to Dan W, 8 months ago

The pancake photos apparently didn't load properly so I'll try again. If they eventually load and you're seeing these twice, I apologize.

DW

Canon PowerShot D10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7000 NEX5R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
vajrasattva
Contributing MemberPosts: 820Gear list
Like?

Nice shots. And who said the world wasn't round?

vajrasattva's gear list:vajrasattva's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
Jonathan_Whiteman
Contributing MemberPosts: 793Gear list
Like?

Man, I love that first one!  Great shot and thanks for sharing.

tri x
Contributing MemberPosts: 652Gear list
Like?

Really great Dan,  You should be really pleased with them. Thanks for sharing, I think it always encourages others to up the game.  Nice one!!

Cheers John

tri x's gear list:tri x's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +3 more
CLYoung
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?

Sorry to hear of your mishap but glad you found a replacement. Of the ones you've posted, I particularly like the stairwell shot.

CLYoung's gear list:CLYoung's gear list
NEX5R Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +6 more
Dan W
Like?

Thanks for all of the kind comments. I'm often inspired by the great photos exhibited here.

DW

FuzzyQball
Senior MemberPosts: 1,326Gear list
Like?

Nice!

My wife and I spent a week in London followed by a week in Paris.  Great picture opportunities .   Here is one from the Latin Quarter in Paris.

-- hide signature --

Glenn

FuzzyQball's gear list:FuzzyQball's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads