What's my RX1 worth ?

Started Aug 23, 2013 | Questions
DFPanno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,641Gear list
Like?
What's my RX1 worth ?
Aug 23, 2013

Looking to sell my RX1.  Perfect condition.  What are they selling for used?  I bought it in 1/13.

Very low shutter count.

-- hide signature --
 DFPanno's gear list:DFPanno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
teseg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,037Gear list
Like?
Re: What's my RX1 worth ?
In reply to DFPanno, Aug 23, 2013

DFPanno wrote:

Looking to sell my RX1. Perfect condition. What are they selling for used? I bought it in 1/13.

Very low shutter count.

-- hide signature --

Ebay has them for about $2200.

Enough fun and time to move on?

teseg's gear list:teseg's gear list
Sony RX1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
DFPanno
Like?
Not going anywhere !
In reply to teseg, Aug 23, 2013

Looking at the "R" TE.

-- hide signature --
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
teseg
Like?
Re: Not going anywhere !

DFPanno wrote:

Looking at the "R" TE.

-- hide signature --

Ahhh.  The R interests me as well, but as close as the two are, I can't justify the hassle and financial loss to make the swap.  For my purposes, still not sure I see the R as an improvement, but more of a curiosity.  But for some, I imagine the whole effort behind the swap is part of the joy.  If I were to swap for this minor difference I will be condemning myself to a life of RX upgrades for decades to come... or as long as Sony keeps providing tweaks to the system.

Good luck with your pursuit and hope you can minimize the hit.

Sony RX1
Robgo2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,503
Like?

DFPanno wrote:

Looking at the "R" TE.

-- hide signature --

Wow!  I've seen enough moire with my RX1 to make me wary of dispensing completely with an already weak AA filter.  But it's your choice.

Rob

ncsakany
Senior MemberPosts: 1,405Gear list
Like?

teseg wrote:

For my purposes, still not sure I see the R as an improvement, but more of a curiosity.

The R isn't an improvement, nor a curiosity. It's a different camera, for a different purpose. Sony marketed it wrongly, creating a lot of confusion in the process.

Horses for courses.

FWIW, I personally find the overall output from the RX1 more appealing for general purposes. It has a nice, creamy yet detailed rendition, whereas the RX1R isn't forgiving. DOF is also reduced with the RX1R, so it's even easier to get OOF shots at wide apertures. I chose the R because for *my needs* it was the right camera.

ncsakany's gear list:ncsakany's gear list
RX100 III Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +4 more
DFPanno
Like?
I just haven't seen that Rob.
In reply to Robgo2, Aug 23, 2013

Maybe I am just not looking hard enough.

There are some pretty impressive pics on the Flickr RX1R group page.

Reminds me of the D800E output.

-- hide signature --
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,309Gear list
Like?

DFPanno wrote:

Looking to sell my RX1. Perfect condition. What are they selling for used? I bought it in 1/13.

Very low shutter count.

-- hide signature --

Maybe lucky if you can get $2k.

Why selling?

Got severe case of G.A.S..?

Good  luck in quest for RX1r.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
alex99
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
In reply to Len_Gee, Aug 23, 2013

I got almost $2200.00 for mine on ebay last week. It was in mint condition though with 9 months left on warranty. I saw lot's of auctions not selling for BIN at $2200.00 so maybe I got lucky. I had no reserve..which is stressful.

The RX1R is hurting RX1 prices right now for sure. I believe the price is only going to fall further as RX1R becomes more available (it is just starting to hit major stores in the last week or so). If you are going to sell the RX1, I think now is the best time.

I ordered the RX1R from Amazon earlier this week and am waiting for it to arrive. For me the RX1R makes sense, since I shoot 80% landscape, 10% people, 10% food. I may have to de-sharpen my food shots since they really don't look right if too sharp. But for Landscape, I am very happy and think there will be a benefit from the lack of AA filter. I'm hoping to take the RX1R to Sequoia National Forrest next week for some nice tree shots.

Greg Gebhardt
Forum ProPosts: 25,318Gear list
Like?
I think in the end, dissapointment

DFPanno wrote:

Very low shutter count.

-- hide signature --

I have looked closely at all the comparison images and the difference is just not that big of a deal.  But if you got the extra money and need to get rid of it, it is everyone's right to do so.

-- hide signature --

Greg
Jax, FL

Greg Gebhardt's gear list:Greg Gebhardt's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Leica M9 Nikon D4 Nikon D800
DFPanno
Like?
I doubt that........
In reply to Greg Gebhardt, Aug 23, 2013

I have looked at quite a few images and I think there is a palpable difference in detail and sharpness.

That quality is not required, nor necessarily desirable, in all images.

In fact I often greatly reduce detail from the RX1  with portraits.

I am not determined to buy it at this point but I am looking at the possibility a little more closely.

Maybe, maybe not; the "regular" is a fantastic camera.

-- hide signature --
mcshan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,313
Like?

I shoot mostly landscape and travel shots and I am often finding the RX1R almost too sharp. You may remember my previous post on this. In pp I am constantly turning down clarity. My first memory setting is to have minus sharpness. I love the camera and am keeping it for certain but I have read similar comments to mine on the net. Your posts are always very reasonable and I am sure you won't rush into this. Both are great cameras. I have not used an RX1 but if it were me I wouldn't do it.

On the subject of used cameras I am always amazed on ebay when someone pays $2600 for a used $2800 camera. For a mere $200 more I would prefer new and full warranty.

DFPanno
Like?
I'm thinking......
In reply to mcshan, Aug 23, 2013

......that is better to capture more detail and sharpness and tone it down rather than ramp it up.

No?

I PP all my images from RAW so I don't really care which way I push a slider.  It seem to be nice to have that extra when it doesn't reduce the esthetic qualities of the image.

-- hide signature --
Robgo2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,503
Like?
Re: I just haven't seen that Rob.

DFPanno wrote:

Maybe I am just not looking hard enough.

There are some pretty impressive pics on the Flickr RX1R group page.

Reminds me of the D800E output.

-- hide signature --

Here's an example for you. In all fairness, this image was processed in Photo Ninja, which does not have a moire removal tool. I also processed it in Capture One, which does, and was able to remove the artifact, although the image did not otherwise look the same. (Disregard the pink cast. It's not in the original.) However, in the past, I have encountered moire that I could not remove by any means, and, as a result, lost some otherwise good photos.

Rob

100% crop

Donald Chin
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,240Gear list
Like?

DFPanno wrote:

Very low shutter count.

-- hide signature --

Perhaps you'll change your mind after reading this. 

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1 Review: pushing the limits?

teseg
Like?
In reply to Donald Chin, Aug 23, 2013

Donald Chin wrote:

DFPanno wrote:

Very low shutter count.

-- hide signature --

Perhaps you'll change your mind after reading this.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1 Review: pushing the limits?

-- hide signature --

Very interesting.  Any technical reason for the DR reduction?  Could it be as simple as sample variance?

Sony RX1
ncsakany
Senior MemberPosts: 1,405Gear list
Like?

teseg wrote:

Very interesting. Any technical reason for the DR reduction? Could it be as simple as sample variance?

Interesting indeed. Not sure about sample variance, but can't be ruled out. If anything, one would think that the lack of AA filter would impact only perceived resolution, not dynamic range. I for one haven't noticed any difference in DR shooting the RX1 alongside the RX1R, but then again, I don't have lab testing equipment either, just my eyes to go by.

I'll stay tuned...

ncsakany's gear list:ncsakany's gear list
RX100 III Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +4 more
Greg Gebhardt
Forum ProPosts: 25,318Gear list
Like?
Like I said

You may psend you money any way you wish, I do.

-- hide signature --

Greg
Jax, FL

Greg Gebhardt's gear list:Greg Gebhardt's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Leica M9 Nikon D4 Nikon D800
DFPanno
Like?
That's a noticeable splotch......
In reply to Robgo2, Aug 23, 2013

That's the first RX1R pic I have seen with appreciable moire.

I know that the D800E see very little of it but that is a higher frequency sensor.

-- hide signature --
DFPanno
Like?
It will be even more interesting when ........
In reply to Donald Chin, Aug 23, 2013

......they quantify the increase in resolution.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads