X20: Belle of Louisville

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
Gaze
Contributing MemberPosts: 613
Like?
X20: Belle of Louisville
11 months ago

Last Friday I took a 2 hour ride on the Belle of Louisville (Kentucky) with my X20 at hand. All photos I took are JPEGs. I apologize in advance for 2 blurry photos which involved photographing in the room of 5 diesel burners. I didn't exactly know what to expect in that room. It was very noisy and hot with big powerful burners going full blast …. one false move and I could have been toast!! Needless to say, I didn't have time to fool with my camera's settings. I should have had it set on auto …. oh well, this is where experience comes in.

Also, the biggest American steamboat, the American Queen was docked at Louisville's port on that day. That is one big luxurious boat that takes quests on weekly excursions from Cincinnati to New Orleans and yes, it's expensive!

Enjoy the photos.

FotoBandi2
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
Re: X20: Belle of Louisville
In reply to Gaze, 11 months ago

These look real nice on my Galaxy S3. I just got an x20 and haven't even had a chance to take it out for a spin yet. Sure I will have a lot to learn, coming from a Nikon D80.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
peter42y
Senior MemberPosts: 2,141Gear list
Like?
In reply to FotoBandi2, 11 months ago

Wonderful pictures.Thanks for sharing. The x20 seems to be a very capable camera.

peter42y's gear list:peter42y's gear list
Ricoh Caplio R8 Canon ELPH 500 HS RX100 III Canon EOS M
Gaze
Like?

FotoBandi2 wrote:

These look real nice on my Galaxy S3. I just got an x20 and haven't even had a chance to take it out for a spin yet. Sure I will have a lot to learn, coming from a Nikon D80.

PotoBandi2 - Thanks for your comments. Good luck with your new X20! …. just beware of its awful default settings.

Gaze
Like?
In reply to peter42y, 11 months ago

peter42y wrote:

Wonderful pictures.Thanks for sharing. The x20 seems to be a very capable camera.

Peter42y - Thanks for your comments. …."a very capable camera" …. yes, and there seems to be always something new to learn about it with so many options.

FotoBandi2
Like?

FotoBandi2 wrote:

PotoBandi2 - Thanks for your comments. Good luck with your new X20! …. just beware of its awful default settings.

Thanks gaze. Any tips you can share? Or a link?

Appreciate it!

Gaze
Like?

FotoBandi2 wrote:

FotoBandi2 wrote:

Appreciate it!

FotoBandi2 - About 2 or 3 months ago there was a thread titled "Fuji X20 Help Please".  Read the whole thread … it should get you up & started for outdoor photos … imho -->

Fuji X20 help please: Fujifilm FinePix Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Everybody has there favorite settings for different scenes and environments…. macro, low light etc. You'll have to experiment with the different settings which all takes time and practice.  The X20 is a camera you can grow with and into.  I hope this helps.  Have fun!

FotoBandi2
Like?

FotoBandi2 wrote:

FotoBandi2 wrote:

Appreciate it!

FotoBandi2 - About 2 or 3 months ago there was a thread titled "Fuji X20 Help Please".  Read the whole thread … it should get you up & started for outdoor photos … imho -->

Fuji X20 help please: Fujifilm FinePix Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Everybody has there favorite settings for different scenes and environments…. macro, low light etc. You'll have to experiment with the different settings which all takes time and practice.  The X20 is a camera you can grow with and into.  I hope this helps.  Have fun!

Thanks, it does. Took me awhile to learn my D80, too. And half the fun is the learning and playing around, isn't it?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads