Who's image is better, Carsten Krieger's or mine?

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Polls
John Motts
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,995
Like?
Re: looks to me like ...
In reply to bgD300, Aug 22, 2013

bgD300 wrote:

He stood too close with a WA lens and had the camera tilted upward and you completely over-processed the product of those distortions.

He had the camera tilted down and it was purely deliberate to give it some drama.

I actually like the picture. Less so the processing, but the picture is actually quite evocative of decay.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
tarakanchik
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
Re: BOTH images are HIS...the difference is the original doesn't look like a cartoon.
In reply to marike6, Aug 22, 2013

marike6 wrote:

BOTH images are Krieger's. Swiping someone's image and spending two minutes applying a cartoonish, over-saturated HDR actions to it, doesn't mean it's all of the sudden YOURS.

I think you're being a bit of a stickler here.  I don't believe that the OP is all of a sudden claiming ownership of the image... It's rather obvious that he's referring to the pp work, as in whose pp work (or lack there of) is more appealing, which is the point of the post.

-- hide signature --

I lug my photo equipment everywhere. Is it heavy? Yes. Is it uncomfortable and cumbersome? Absolutely. Is it often an inconvenience? You bet. But is it all worth it? Sometimes...

PK24X36NOW
Contributing MemberPosts: 742Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's image is better, Carsten Krieger's or mine?
In reply to RobertSigmund, Aug 22, 2013

RobertSigmund wrote:

I am afraid there is a misunderstanding. You did not even get one compliment in this thread.

Apparently his concept of what constitutes a "compliment" is on the same wavelength as his concept of what constitutes a good image.

dick
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,650Gear list
Like?
One-Click Fix
In reply to brianj, Aug 22, 2013

brianj wrote:

Neither appeals to me, maybe something in between the two extremes.

Brian

I agree. This looks better to my eye. I used "Instant Fix" in the PhotoDeuxe4 program that came with my Olympus C2100UZ back in 2001. It took just ONE CLICK.

Mikhail Tal
Regular MemberPosts: 281
Like?
Re: BOTH images are HIS...the difference is the original doesn't look like a cartoon.
In reply to tarakanchik, Aug 23, 2013

tarakanchik wrote:

marike6 wrote:

BOTH images are Krieger's. Swiping someone's image and spending two minutes applying a cartoonish, over-saturated HDR actions to it, doesn't mean it's all of the sudden YOURS.

I think you're being a bit of a stickler here. I don't believe that the OP is all of a sudden claiming ownership of the image... It's rather obvious that he's referring to the pp work, as in whose pp work (or lack there of) is more appealing, which is the point of the post.

-- hide signature --

I lug my photo equipment everywhere. Is it heavy? Yes. Is it uncomfortable and cumbersome? Absolutely. Is it often an inconvenience? You bet. But is it all worth it? Sometimes...

Gotta love the IP police accusing everyone of stealing something with a value of $0.

toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,428
Like?
In reply to Mikhail Tal, Aug 23, 2013

I think toomanycanons' rendition is the best of all.  Wait, that's me!  Well, since nobody else noticed it...

jonrobertp
Forum ProPosts: 10,758Gear list
Like?
Mine is better.
In reply to toomanycanons, Aug 23, 2013

But you'll have to pay to see it.

jonrobertp's gear list:jonrobertp's gear list
Sony RX100 G1 X II Canon EOS 70D
bobhp
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?

The first image is flat and boring, the second shows that you cannot rescue a poor image with over the top manipulation.

bobhp's gear list:bobhp's gear list
Nikon Df
Kodachrome200
Contributing MemberPosts: 756Gear list
Like?
Neither try mine

I dislike both. The first is underexposed and shows no tonal range. the second is the kind of HDR crap that forced me to install a vomit bag dispenser on my computer desk so i was prepared for emergencies when i was browsing photos online

https://grassephoto.squarespace.com/blog/2013/8/23/hatcher-pass

I tried some shots on a rainy day in Hatcher Pass that i think work better than either

Kodachrome200's gear list:Kodachrome200's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads