iMac Set Up for Video and Photography

Started Aug 9, 2013 | Discussions
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: iMac Set Up for Video and Photography
In reply to coronawithlime, Aug 13, 2013

coronawithlime wrote:

Basalite wrote

Unless you are clear with that distinction less knowledgeable readers will get confused.

In my own case, such a group would be too small to be statistically meaningful Mostly my parrot and a couple of city councilmen.

Then I would say you are out of touch with what most computer users know about computers, or care to now.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,068Gear list
Like?
Re: iMac Set Up for Video and Photography
In reply to Basalite, Aug 14, 2013

Basalite wrote:

coronawithlime wrote:

Basalite wrote

Unless you are clear with that distinction less knowledgeable readers will get confused.

In my own case, such a group would be too small to be statistically meaningful Mostly my parrot and a couple of city councilmen.

Then I would say you are out of touch with what most computer users know about computers, or care to now.

Well thank you very much. I'm pleased I could straighten out your confusion regarding computers and would be happy to help in the future if you experience any other issues.  Please don't hesitate to ask for assistance with any little thing

-- hide signature --

www.nightstreets.com
One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nikko aus London
Senior MemberPosts: 1,131Gear list
Like?
Re: iMac Set Up for Video and Photography
In reply to MarceloLI, Aug 19, 2013

I bought the 27" iMac with i7, high-end GPU & 1TB Fusion. For Aperture & video, I bought one of these: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412374,00.asp and when it fills up, I just daisy chain another one.  Lightning fast!

N

 Nikko aus London's gear list:Nikko aus London's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MarceloLI
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,851Gear list
Like?
Thank you everyone...!!
In reply to MarceloLI, 9 months ago

I bought two weeks ago my iMac and very happy and surprised to see the speed and performance of this computer.

I don't know why I waited so many years for this, thank you everyone.

Marcelo

 MarceloLI's gear list:MarceloLI's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Thank you everyone...!!
In reply to MarceloLI, 9 months ago

MarceloLI wrote:

I bought two weeks ago my iMac and very happy and surprised to see the speed and performance of this computer.

I don't know why I waited so many years for this, thank you everyone.

Marcelo

What are the specs?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MarceloLI
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,851Gear list
Like?
Basalite
In reply to Basalite, 9 months ago

Thank you so much for your help.

The following are the specifications:

Processor 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

3TB Fusion Drive

 MarceloLI's gear list:MarceloLI's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Basalite
In reply to MarceloLI, 9 months ago

MarceloLI wrote:

Thank you so much for your help.

The following are the specifications:

Processor 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

3TB Fusion Drive

Excellent! I have the previous late 2012 version maxed out too, except I have the 1TB Fusion Drive. It's by far the best computer I have ever owned. I also run Windows 8 on it through Parallels 8 and it is also by far the best Windows computer that I have owned. Imagine that.

I took a look at your web page and you have some really outstanding pictures there of my native home town of NYC. With the name Marcelo I'm guessing you are originally from Italy?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads