Pseudo Panoramas

Started Aug 5, 2013 | Discussions
dick
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,791Gear list
Like?
Pseudo Panoramas
Aug 5, 2013

I like panoramas, but I don't often take the time or have the opportunity to shoot them.
So when I see an image that might work, I crop it. I call them pseudo panoramas.

The Swiss Alps from Mannlichen

There are many more here: http://dickh.zenfolio.com/p902979531

-- hide signature --
bflood
Contributing MemberPosts: 533
Like?
Re: Pseudo Panoramas
In reply to dick, Aug 5, 2013

You've used the panoramic aspect ratio very effectively - I like your collection. Perhaps next you can think "vertical."

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sarit
Regular MemberPosts: 254Gear list
Like?
In reply to dick, Aug 6, 2013

very nice. i do that as well. Here are a couple of mine. Forgive the poor WB too lazy to correct

sarit's gear list:sarit's gear list
NEX5R Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
joaquin100
Senior MemberPosts: 1,542Gear list
Like?
In reply to dick, Aug 10, 2013

dick wrote:

I like panoramas, but I don't often take the time or have the opportunity to shoot them.
So when I see an image that might work, I crop it. I call them pseudo panoramas.

The Swiss Alps from Mannlichen

There are many more here: http://dickh.zenfolio.com/p902979531

-- hide signature --

Pseudo Panos once upon time were real. This reminds me the beautiful Pronea S from nikon which was a APS-C Film Camera and this cam had Pano mode. the viewfinder just did cut a stripe of Film on the top and other one in the bottom and viola! The quality was quite grainy but ok for 8x20 prints if my memory works. Today FF compacts from Sony or DP1 M let PPL use this Pano mode with no lost of IQ for such prints. Even my NEX 5N can do that as well.

I find your Pic well balanced with the included Flag. in some how those Mountains look familiar to me. do you see them some where over here? :

Living with style some view

Regards

J.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads