Epson Artisan 835 print head moved by hand.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
balloonman333
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Epson Artisan 835 print head moved by hand.
8 months ago

While cleaning the print head of my Epson Artisan 835 I moved the print head by hand. This was to bring it out of the parked position. When I power it on I get the following error message: "An error has occured. Turn power off and the on again. For details, see your documentaion or Epson.com." The same error message apears every time I turn the power on. I have checked for paper jams and have unplugged the unit. Please advise what what to do to fix this issue. Thanks, Tim

jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 3,788
Like?
Re: Epson Artisan 835 print head moved by hand.
In reply to balloonman333, 8 months ago

balloonman333 wrote:

While cleaning the print head of my Epson Artisan 835 I moved the print head by hand. This was to bring it out of the parked position. When I power it on I get the following error message: "An error has occured. Turn power off and the on again. For details, see your documentaion or Epson.com." The same error message apears every time I turn the power on. I have checked for paper jams and have unplugged the unit. Please advise what what to do to fix this issue. Thanks, Tim

You shouldn't have been able to move the head to the left if you lift the scanner unit. It stays locked. The only way is to pull the power cord off while the head is off the parked position.

I think you may actually have a problem.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Daryoon
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Re: Epson Artisan 835 print head moved by hand.
In reply to balloonman333, 8 months ago

I moved my head manually to try and clean the heads on an Artisan 800. Because I exhausted all other methods and the clog persisted. In the end, I was never able to clear that error message and had to purchase a new printer.

Really happy with my Artisan 837. No clogging thus far. Hopefully it stays that way.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads