First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Discussions
Marius Oosthuizen
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
Jul 31, 2013
 Marius Oosthuizen's gear list:Marius Oosthuizen's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
jbwong
Regular MemberPosts: 188Gear list
Like?
Re: First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
In reply to Marius Oosthuizen, Jul 31, 2013

Marius Oosthuizen wrote:

http://www.megapixel.cz/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz72/recenze#product-sec-sample

wow

would def love to see 20mm-600mm on fz250/280

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sherman_levine
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,967Gear list
Like?
Re: First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
In reply to Marius Oosthuizen, Jul 31, 2013

The high-iso samples look very clean

Sherm

 sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
PaoloT61
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Re: First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
In reply to jbwong, Jul 31, 2013

jbwong wrote:

would def love to see 20mm-600mm on fz250/280

So do I!

Here are other samples

 PaoloT61's gear list:PaoloT61's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Re: First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
In reply to Marius Oosthuizen, Jul 31, 2013

hmm looks like the IS (or IQ) or both not working as it should be...

http://www.megapixel.cz/data/imgs-sample/panasonic/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz72-black/img_0002.JPG

-=[ Joms ]=-

 jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sherman_levine
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,967Gear list
Like?
Re: First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
In reply to jcmarfilph, Jul 31, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

hmm looks like the IS (or IQ) or both not working as it should be...

http://www.megapixel.cz/data/imgs-sample/panasonic/panasonic-lumix-dmc-fz72-black/img_0002.JPG

-=[ Joms ]=-

That one's pretty ugly, and of course they provide only one full-zoom sample.

I saw a very nice image a few days back at full zoom here

http://www.quesabesde.com/noticias/panasonic-fz70-analisis-fotos,1_9934

The triple image expands when you click it (on the website, not in my post)

Here are some standard images at various ISOs

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-fz70/panasonic-fz70A7.HTM

Sherm

 sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,804Gear list
Like?
Re: First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
In reply to Marius Oosthuizen, Jul 31, 2013

More FZ70 image samples here:

Optyczne FZ70 images

Keep in mind these are pre-production samples - remember when the initial FZ150 images got blasted in these forums but lauded after production firmware 1.00 was applied.

 kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sherman_levine
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,967Gear list
Like?
Re: First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
In reply to kkardster, Jul 31, 2013

kkardster wrote:

More FZ70 image samples here:

Optyczne FZ70 images

Keep in mind these are pre-production samples - remember when the initial FZ150 images got blasted in these forums but lauded after production firmware 1.00 was applied.

The 215mm ones look a bit strange - but I suspect that the ripples in every straight line are atmospheric and not camera artifact

Sherm

 sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gary S
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,035
Like?
It's a replay, yet again
In reply to Marius Oosthuizen, Jul 31, 2013

If there is one thing that most people should know by now, it's that early samples rarely show the full potential. How many times have we seen that? I've lost count now.

I'm not at all impressed by that full telephoto shot. Looks rather lousy to me. The double reflections off that window make it look even worse. More samples will be coming during the next couple weeks no doubt.

I'm a bit disappointed they went with 16mp. When you take a scene and spread it across that many pixels in a sensor like that it just looks extra soft. And noisy. When I take some of those and resample down to the FZ200 size of 4000x3000, they look better. Not that big of a deal really, especially for casual photography. But the extra MP seems kind of pointless in a sensor like that.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Kevin Coppalotti
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,057Gear list
Like?
Re: First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
In reply to Marius Oosthuizen, Jul 31, 2013

worst. 215mm. eva.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
samualson
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Re: It's a replay, yet again
In reply to Gary S, Jul 31, 2013

Gary S wrote:

If there is one thing that most people should know by now, it's that early samples rarely show the full potential. How many times have we seen that? I've lost count now.

I'm not at all impressed by that full telephoto shot. Looks rather lousy to me. The double reflections off that window make it look even worse. More samples will be coming during the next couple weeks no doubt.

I'm a bit disappointed they went with 16mp. When you take a scene and spread it across that many pixels in a sensor like that it just looks extra soft. And noisy. When I take some of those and resample down to the FZ200 size of 4000x3000, they look better. Not that big of a deal really, especially for casual photography. But the extra MP seems kind of pointless in a sensor like that.

Your first comment makes sense and tells us to not bother with taking any of the samples that seriously because they are pre production but then you add ......

I'm not impressed and it's lousy imo , a little baffling to say the least lol. Don't forget, Pani's second tier models never get any talk so at least they are getting some.

We all know that all this camera has to be able to do is come up with mediocre images and it's a winner because it will sell like crazy. Buyers pay for big zooms and if it can produce decent iIQ it's a definite winner,  if it can produce better than mediocre images it's a blockbuster.

You Pani FZ flagship model fans are going to have to wait.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sherman_levine
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,967Gear list
Like?
Re: It's a replay, yet again
In reply to samualson, Jul 31, 2013

samualson wrote:

Gary S wrote:

If there is one thing that most people should know by now, it's that early samples rarely show the full potential. How many times have we seen that? I've lost count now.

I'm not at all impressed by that full telephoto shot. Looks rather lousy to me. The double reflections off that window make it look even worse. More samples will be coming during the next couple weeks no doubt.

I'm a bit disappointed they went with 16mp. When you take a scene and spread it across that many pixels in a sensor like that it just looks extra soft. And noisy. When I take some of those and resample down to the FZ200 size of 4000x3000, they look better. Not that big of a deal really, especially for casual photography. But the extra MP seems kind of pointless in a sensor like that.

Your first comment makes sense and tells us to not bother with taking any of the samples that seriously because they are pre production but then you add ......

I'm not impressed and it's lousy imo . a little baffling to say the least lol.

There are several other full tele shots in the thread which look lots better

Sherm

 sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
samualson
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Re: It's a replay, yet again
In reply to sherman_levine, Jul 31, 2013

sherman_levine wrote:

samualson wrote:

Gary S wrote:

If there is one thing that most people should know by now, it's that early samples rarely show the full potential. How many times have we seen that? I've lost count now.

I'm not at all impressed by that full telephoto shot. Looks rather lousy to me. The double reflections off that window make it look even worse. More samples will be coming during the next couple weeks no doubt.

I'm a bit disappointed they went with 16mp. When you take a scene and spread it across that many pixels in a sensor like that it just looks extra soft. And noisy. When I take some of those and resample down to the FZ200 size of 4000x3000, they look better. Not that big of a deal really, especially for casual photography. But the extra MP seems kind of pointless in a sensor like that.

Your first comment makes sense and tells us to not bother with taking any of the samples that seriously because they are pre production but then you add ......

I'm not impressed and it's lousy imo . a little baffling to say the least lol.

There are several other full tele shots in the thread which look lots better

Sherm

Yeah, i didn't even look at them yet, i was just speaking in generalities.  Maybe this camera makes money for Pani (something they really need) and they are just testing the waters to see what type of response this camera gets.

They are probably unsure of which direction to go with their flagship model.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
LeonDorsey
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Re: First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
In reply to Marius Oosthuizen, Sep 2, 2013

Hi all,

My first pic's with the FZ70/72from Holland.

Look for yourself at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leondorsey

Have a nice time!!

Groetjes, Leon

http://home.tiscali.nl/rocksound

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lightseeker123x
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: First Panasonic FZ 70 / 72 Review, Photo Samples and Video Clip
In reply to LeonDorsey, 6 months ago

LeonDorsey wrote:

Hi all,

My first pic's with the FZ70/72from Holland.

Look for yourself at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leondorsey

Have a nice time!!

Groetjes, Leon

http://home.tiscali.nl/rocksound

Thanks. I am not an expert and thus my praise may not mean much, but I liked what I saw. However, which of those photos were taken with the FZ70/72 was not clear from the photos. My internet connection speed is too slow and not sure whether that plays a part...

Swamy

Hyderabad, India

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads