Anyone use the O-RC1 Waterproof Remote Control.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
ASR45
Forum ProPosts: 31,855Gear list
Like?
Anyone use the O-RC1 Waterproof Remote Control.
9 months ago

Thinking its a must for tripod work, anyone using this has tips ect & know how to get the best for tripod work, greatly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 II Canon EOS 6D +7 more
miles green
Senior MemberPosts: 3,320Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone use the O-RC1 Waterproof Remote Control.
In reply to ASR45, 9 months ago

I use it, indeed for tripod work.

It's a must for long lens (like my telescope), for exposures longer than 30 seconds or if i want to be in front of the camera as well.

The 2 second delay timer is enough in most cases though.

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bob Corson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,009Gear list
Like?

I bought a remote off E-bay for a fraction of the cost of the Pentax one. It was fr several different brand camera and works fine on my K 30. Don.t believe it is waterproof but not so much to be damaged in these that a little drying out wouldn't solve even if it did get wet.

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson
To truly see one must open their mind as well as their eyes

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +4 more
ASR45
Like?
In reply to miles green, 9 months ago

miles green wrote:

I use it, indeed for tripod work.

It's a must for long lens (like my telescope), for exposures longer than 30 seconds or if i want to be in front of the camera as well.

The 2 second delay timer is enough in most cases though.

Thanks, i think its a must that i need most.

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

ASR45
Like?
In reply to Bob Corson, 9 months ago

Bob Corson wrote:

I bought a remote off E-bay for a fraction of the cost of the Pentax one. It was fr several different brand camera and works fine on my K 30. Don.t believe it is waterproof but not so much to be damaged in these that a little drying out wouldn't solve even if it did get wet.

Cheers Bob, i think im going to get one soon.

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson
To truly see one must open their mind as well as their eyes

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

Jenna B
Senior MemberPosts: 2,659Gear list
Like?

I have one - the range isn't fantastic and it's not RF, but rather IR, so not as easy to use as the one I had for the Olympus E500 back in the day, but it does the job I have had to press the button a few times at different ranges and angles before to get it to work, but that was for group portraits from  a good 5 or 6 feet away I think.

Overall, it does what I need it to

-- hide signature --

Always smiling! Jenn x
Flikr = http://www.flickr.com/photos/silentskies/
Personal Website = http://www.silentskies.co.uk/

Jenna B's gear list:Jenna B's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Epson Stylus Photo 1400 +1 more
ASR45
Like?
In reply to Jenna B, 9 months ago

Jenna B wrote:

I have one - the range isn't fantastic and it's not RF, but rather IR, so not as easy to use as the one I had for the Olympus E500 back in the day, but it does the job I have had to press the button a few times at different ranges and angles before to get it to work, but that was for group portraits from a good 5 or 6 feet away I think.

Overall, it does what I need it to

Thanks Jenna, i think its a must for me.

-- hide signature --

Always smiling! Jenn x
Flikr = http://www.flickr.com/photos/silentskies/
Personal Website = http://www.silentskies.co.uk/

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 24,855
Like?

ASR45 wrote:

Thinking its a must for tripod work, anyone using this has tips ect & know how to get the best for tripod work, greatly appreciated.

Hi Alan,

It is my understanding (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that the battery cannot be changed in the O-RC1, and being waterproof is not necessary IMO, therfore I have and use a Pentax F, a Pentax E, and a cheapie or two from ebay, all of which I can change the batteries if need be. For most of my tripod work I use a wired remote switch.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

ASR45
Like?
In reply to brandrx, 9 months ago

brandrx wrote:

ASR45 wrote:

Hi Alan,

It is my understanding (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that the battery cannot be changed in the O-RC1, and being waterproof is not necessary IMO, therfore I have and use a Pentax F, a Pentax E, and a cheapie or two from ebay, all of which I can change the batteries if need be. For most of my tripod work I use a wired remote switch.

Cheers.

Thanks Ron, i think you are right about the batteries on the O-RC1, something for me to ponder on , i dare say i will still get one and give it a try.  

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads