RX100M2 and Viewfinder

Started Jul 29, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Dominick Scotto Junior Member • Posts: 42
RX100M2 and Viewfinder

Anyone own this camera with the viewfinder? Would be interested to read your review and recommendation. Thanks.

Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
lorenzo Regular Member • Posts: 194
Re: RX100M2 and Viewfinder

I just discovered with great pleasure that the RX100MK2 uses the same viewfinder of my RX1!

I just give a try and it works perfectly!

-- hide signature --

www.lorenzocevavalla.it

lorenzo's gear list:lorenzo's gear list
Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D4 Sony Alpha 7R II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Michael Kaufman
Michael Kaufman Senior Member • Posts: 2,683

lorenzo wrote:

I just discovered with great pleasure that the RX100MK2 uses the same viewfinder of my RX1!

Ditto. While I would never buy a $500 EVF to go with a $750 camera, if you already have the EVF, it works fantastically. Until the RX200 comes out with the EVF built in, I think I have found my perfect pocket-sized camera.

Now, If I could just find a case that just held the camera and the EVF, I would be set.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelthek/

Michael Kaufman's gear list:Michael Kaufman's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Clayton1985 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,280

Michael Kaufman wrote:

lorenzo wrote:

Ditto. While I would never buy a $500 EVF to go with a $750 camera, if you already have the EVF, it works fantastically. Until the RX200 comes out with the EVF built in, I think I have found my perfect pocket-sized camera.

Now, If I could just find a case that just held the camera and the EVF, I would be set.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelthek/

Great.... that means my only option is to buy the RX1 with the RVF so that I can use it with my RX100... thanks a lot  .  Seriously though, using the RX100 MKII today and I'm not sure if I can get by without an EVF. I really wish they made a lower cost EVF.

digitalphotographer Contributing Member • Posts: 637
Does it autoswitch on RX100M2?

lorenzo wrote:

I can't find this info on Sony website.

digitalphotographer's gear list:digitalphotographer's gear list
Nikon D810 Sony Alpha 7R II
johncecilian Contributing Member • Posts: 535
Re: Does it autoswitch on RX100M2?

Yes works the same as if on an RX1 except a little bigger looking:

viewfinder on the rx100 II

johncecilian's gear list:johncecilian's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +5 more
Tapper123
Tapper123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,511
Re: Does it autoswitch on RX100M2?

digitalphotographer wrote:

lorenzo wrote:

I can't find this info on Sony website.

How can you miss it? It's there under accessories for both cameras.

Tapper123's gear list:Tapper123's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Olympus E-M5 II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads