Does the Epson R3000 reset program reset waste ink pad counter?

Started Jul 24, 2013 | Questions
3LX
3LX
Contributing MemberPosts: 533
Like?
Does the Epson R3000 reset program reset waste ink pad counter?
Jul 24, 2013

I'm not sure if it's worth buying the reset program for the R3000 when I need to reset the waste ink counter or just stick with the WiC reset program and buy reset keys as and when needed.

-- hide signature --

What's in a photographer's mind is more important than what's in his camera bag.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Serhat Abaci
Regular MemberPosts: 243Gear list
Like?
Re: Does the Epson R3000 reset program reset waste ink pad counter?
In reply to 3LX, Jul 24, 2013

the original adjustment Programm is much more sufisticated in comparison to the wic Tool plus you could use it indefinetely

Serhat Abaci's gear list:Serhat Abaci's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,607
Like?

3LX wrote:

I'm not sure if it's worth buying the reset program for the R3000 when I need to reset the waste ink counter or just stick with the WiC reset program and buy reset keys as and when needed.

-- hide signature --

What's in a photographer's mind is more important than what's in his camera bag.

Before you even think of this, have you installed an external waste ink bottle????
The reason I ask is that if you are getting the message that parts are reaching the end of their life, your waste pads are probably already soaked. If the printer is still new, then you can use the WIC tool and buy a serial # to reset both counters back to zero. Each time you reset you need a new serial.

You can also buy and adjustment program which does a lot more that reset the counters. You need to really know what you are doing or you can actually do irreversible damage to the EEPRON chip.

This also sells for about $7 plus shipping and I only know of one person in the UK who will sell you the application on CD.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EPSON-Stylus-Photo-R3000-Waste-Ink-Pad-Service-Reset-CD-/160705314030?pt=US_Cleaning_Repair_Kits&hash=item256ac87cee

The advantage is that it can be used for an indefinite number of times. No serial key is required.

The WIC is the safest for you.

Joe

3LX
3LX
Like?
In reply to jtoolman, Jul 24, 2013

I've only just started using the R3000 as a replacement for my R2400. I haven't fitted the external waste ink tank yet but will do at some stage in the future. Given the amount of printing I do I don't envisage reaching the top of the WiC count for some time, unless the R3000 is programmed to use excessively more ink when going through it's cleaning cycles!!

I just wondered if the reset program offered better value.

-- hide signature --

jtoolman
Like?

3LX wrote:

I've only just started using the R3000 as a replacement for my R2400. I haven't fitted the external waste ink tank yet but will do at some stage in the future. Given the amount of printing I do I don't envisage reaching the top of the WiC count for some time, unless the R3000 is programmed to use excessively more ink when going through it's cleaning cycles!!

I just wondered if the reset program offered better value.

-- hide signature --

Hopefully you are connected to a PC rather than a MAC as that driver would cause cleaning cycle after cleaning cycle.

The best external waste ink system is from www.octoink.co/uk

And I believe that the will include a free serial key for the WIC tool.

I can vouch for Martin the owner. Top notch service and as well as a top class fella!

Joe

3LX
3LX
Like?
In reply to jtoolman, Jul 25, 2013

jtoolman wrote:

Hopefully you are connected to a PC rather than a MAC as that driver would cause cleaning cycle after cleaning cycle.

I'm not sure I understand the statement above.

Which driver are you talking about?

The program I am talking about is this one and is the Epson service engineers adjustment program. It only operates on PC.

http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=1359

I would have to run it on my Mac through a virtual machine.

-- hide signature --

jtoolman
Like?
In reply to 3LX, Jul 25, 2013

3LX wrote:

jtoolman wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the statement above.

Which driver are you talking about?

The program I am talking about is this one and is the Epson service engineers adjustment program. It only operates on PC.

http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=1359

I would have to run it on my Mac through a virtual machine.

-- hide signature --

Means exactly what I said. The MAC R3000 driver was causing cleaning cycles to be performed before every print job. A new MAC driver has apparently been issued and supposedly the problems was resolved.

So if you are on a PC you do not have nothing to worry about

Yes that is the adjustment program. But the link I gave you will also provide you with the same identical app and it's only $7!!!! plus about $4 shipping. ALL Adjustment programs are the same. They are what the EPSON engineers / service technicians use. They are not supposed to be circulated to the masses!

Joe

Serhat Abaci
Regular MemberPosts: 243Gear list
Like?
In reply to jtoolman, Jul 25, 2013

does anyone mind sharing the R3000 adjustment program?

Serhat Abaci's gear list:Serhat Abaci's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +3 more
jtoolman
Like?
In reply to Serhat Abaci, Jul 25, 2013

Serhat Abaci wrote:

does anyone mind sharing the R3000 adjustment program?

I don't have it since I do not own a R3000 but common man $7 is not too much ask for something that can save you a couple hundred from Epson later on.

Joe

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads