LF1 Extra Battery

Started Jul 16, 2013 | Questions
Rickshot
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
LF1 Extra Battery
Jul 16, 2013

I have not found an online source that stocks a replacement battery for the LF1. As anyone had any luck? I would like a backup for my vacation to Scandanavia in a few weeks. Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Impulses
Senior MemberPosts: 1,107Gear list
Like?
Re: LF1 Extra Battery
In reply to Rickshot, Jul 16, 2013

Yeah no one seems to actually have it in stock, but the usual places should be getting them shortly now that the camera is shipping (I pre-ordered it at B&H and only just got it last night...). B&H allows you to pre-order an original OEM battery for $40:

http://m.bhphotovideo.com/mobile/detail?R=981213_REG&title=Panasonic&acc=PADMCLF1B-REG

Bestbatt will have a 3rd party replacement battery for $18 and an external charger for $18:

http://www.BestBatt.com/Panasonic-DMW-BCN10-Battery-p/bbbcn10.htm
http://www.BestBatt.com/Panasonic-DMW-BCN10-Battery-Charger-p/bbbcn10chg.htm

No clue whether that might arrive before the OEM battery at B&H or Adorama, worth keeping an eye on both. Another alternative, since the LF1 features in-camera charging, would be a USB battery pack or bank... It works the same way as plugging it into the wall with the stock charger (which outputs a pretty standard 5V@800mA, like a lot of smartphone chargers).

Here's an Anker battery pack that I bought over a year ago on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K7192G?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

It retains it's charge pretty well and seemed to have the best combination of positive reviews and a low price when I got it... Anker has a smaller/flatter model (sorta phone sized, small phone anyway) with a built in cable but you'll still need Panasonic's custom cable so that last bit isn't very helpful. You should knock off about 30% from the stated capacity to figure out how many charges you'll get out of it (due to power transfer efficiency etc). Almost of them will be good for at least two or three full charges of the small LF1 battery tho (959mAh IIRC). Useful for your phone too etc.

That one doubles as an LED flash light btw (about as bright as the tiny keychain ones). That kinda USB batteries is small enough you could even hook up the camera to the battery and slip it in a pant's pocket, effectively charging it while out and about. I do it all the time with my phone when I neglect to charge it the night before!). Might be a little clumsier with a thick camera (compared to a 9mm phone) but if your pockets aren't very roomy you can just put the camera in one pocket and run the cable to the battery in another pocket.

The stock cable that comes with the LF1 happens to be the perfect length for that too btw... It's like 2ft or 2.5ft long, just long enough to go from a few inches into my right pocket to a few inches into my left. I actually just tested this for the purpose of the post.

Just a few suggestions, hope it helps!

P.S. Just saw Anker makes a lower capacity one in the form of a cylinder (probably the size of a flashlight or a roll of candy), even that one at 2600mAh would be enough to recharge the camera twice over (or once + a 50% charge for a modem 4"+ smartphone).

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Rickshot
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
In reply to Impulses, Jul 17, 2013

Thanks Alken, this is very helpful. Enjoy your new camera!

Impulses
Senior MemberPosts: 1,107Gear list
Like?
In reply to Rickshot, Jul 17, 2013

Who's Alken?

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads