Take me out to the Ballgame...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
BillD7000
Regular MemberPosts: 458
Like?
Take me out to the Ballgame...
9 months ago

Here are two from last Thursday's Yanks game...  D7100 & 300/4.

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
BlueJakester
Senior MemberPosts: 1,544Gear list
Like?
Re: Take me out to the Ballgame...
In reply to BillD7000, 9 months ago

Excellent shots Bill!

The second is my favorite. You have captured a remarkable display of athleticism at the exact right moment, IMO. Good shooting! I'd be tempted to crop on just the pitcher, but I like your composition too.

Thanks for posting.

Jake

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
BillD7000
Like?
In reply to BlueJakester, 9 months ago

BlueJakester wrote:

Excellent shots Bill!

The second is my favorite. You have captured a remarkable display of athleticism at the exact right moment, IMO. Good shooting! I'd be tempted to crop on just the pitcher, but I like your composition too.

Thanks for posting.

Jake

Thanks!  I'm an old-school shooter coming from the Velvia/Kodachrome days, so I compose for the final shot and almost NEVER crop.  Backward, I know...

BackroadsTraveler
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?

Just my opinion, but- (Speaking of the second shot)

I like the 3rd baseman, tensed in anticipation, slightly out of focus in the background. Robertson is the focal point, obviously, in mid stride. But I think if you cropped out the third baseman the overall effect would be lessened. I like it.

This must have been the 8th inning.

Any shots of Rivera?

-- hide signature --

BRT

BackroadsTraveler's gear list:BackroadsTraveler's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +4 more
BillD7000
Like?
In reply to BackroadsTraveler, 9 months ago

BackroadsTraveler wrote:

I like the 3rd baseman, tensed in anticipation, slightly out of focus in the background. Robertson is the focal point, obviously, in mid stride. But I think if you cropped out the third baseman the overall effect would be lessened. I like it.

Any shots of Rivera?

-- hide signature --

BRT

Rivera didn't appear on Thursday, but since you asked, here's the final pitch of Mariano Rivera's record breaking 602nd save...  I was SO LUCKY to be there that day!

BackroadsTraveler
Like?

BillD7000 wrote:

BackroadsTraveler wrote:

Any shots of Rivera?

-- hide signature --

BRT

Rivera didn't appear on Thursday, but since you asked, here's the final pitch of Mariano Rivera's record breaking 602nd save... I was SO LUCKY to be there that day!

Fantastic!! Thanks for posting this.  And yes, you were lucky. I traveled 1700 miles last season to see the Yankees play in Texas, mainly hoping to see Rivera, since I suspected at the time it would be his final season. He never appeared in the two games I saw, and was injured a short time later.

-- hide signature --

BRT

Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +4 more
BillD7000
Like?

Rivera didn't appear on Thursday, but since you asked, here's the final pitch of Mariano Rivera's record breaking 602nd save... I was SO LUCKY to be there that day!

Fantastic!! Thanks for posting this.

I gave one to Rivera, and have one at 20x30 printed on aluminum on my wall.

BackroadsTraveler
Like?

As a huge fan of MO's , that makes me smile. I wouldn't be surprised to see this print, autographed, in a sports memorabilia shop some day!

-- hide signature --

BRT

BillD7000
Like?

I wouldn't be surprised to see this print, autographed, in a sports memorabilia shop some day!

There's one, inscribed by Mo, on my wall...

NNS
NNS
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,593
Like?

nice shots.

baseball is made for making memories.

BillD7000