Nikon Rumors, V3 in August?

Started Jul 10, 2013 | Discussions
jonikon
Senior MemberPosts: 4,796Gear list
Like?
Nikon Rumors, V3 in August?
Jul 10, 2013

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/07/09/new-wave-of-nikon-announcements-coming-in-augustseptember-d400-a-possibility.aspx/

-- hide signature --

-Jon
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so!" - Mark Twain

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
tomhongkong
Senior MemberPosts: 2,401
Like?
Re: Nikon Rumors, V3 in August?
In reply to jonikon, Jul 10, 2013

He is pretty dismissive of Nikon 1 announcements as being of less interest than others.  I guess someone needs to tell him that some of us are only here/read his stuff because of Nikon 1, and Nikon DSLR stuff is of little interest.

tom

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
iamthenewguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 770Gear list
Like?

I would like to see them announce a future lens roadmap, mainly concerning a native macro lens. I'm keeping the V2 for at least a few "V" generations but if a V3 is announced it'll be interesting to at the very least see which way the tech and ergonomics are headed.

-- hide signature --

-Alex

iamthenewguy's gear list:iamthenewguy's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
jonikon
Like?
In reply to tomhongkong, Jul 10, 2013

tomhongkong wrote:

He is pretty dismissive of Nikon 1 announcements as being of less interest than others. I guess someone needs to tell him that some of us are only here/read his stuff because of Nikon 1, and Nikon DSLR stuff is of little interest.

tom

Yes, NR seems dismissive of the Nikon 1 camera system at times, but NR does supply information on the  N1 cameras is a timely manner, including rumors and patents. I also believe NR is correct about the V cameras being on a on year replacement cycle, so Aug/Sept seems like a safe bet for a V3. Now all we need is some tech and feature rumors for the V3!

-Jon

Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
rayman 2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,191
Like?

jonikon wrote:

tomhongkong wrote:

He is pretty dismissive of Nikon 1 announcements as being of less interest than others. I guess someone needs to tell him that some of us are only here/read his stuff because of Nikon 1, and Nikon DSLR stuff is of little interest.

tom

Yes, NR seems dismissive of the Nikon 1 camera system at times, but NR does supply information on the N1 cameras is a timely manner, including rumors and patents. I also believe NR is correct about the V cameras being on a on year replacement cycle, so Aug/Sept seems like a safe bet for a V3. Now all we need is some tech and feature rumors for the V3!

-Jon

No he is not dismissive of the N1 system ! He posted my superduper long telefoto pictures and

was very interested in the system a long time way back......its just that there is not enough news

about something new.. up until today.. !;)

Peter

Teak
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?

My guess is that it would be a J/S series announcement. The V2 was introduced last October however, the J3/S1 were earlier. Unlikely that V2 would be refreshed so fast.

Teak's gear list:Teak's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +9 more
iamthenewguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 770Gear list
Like?
In reply to Teak, Jul 10, 2013

Who knows what'll happen, but I agree with you. I think the V1 was only rehashed so quickly because of the two main quirks that people were having with it. That being no built in flash and a missing PASM dial. On top of that, the V2 was introduced with a $100 cheaper price tag than the V1 and (whether it matters only for marketing or not) 14 MP was stamped on the box instead of 10 MP. It's a complete guess but it seems that the V2 is selling, at the very least, better than the original V1.

On the other hand, Olympus comes out with a new PEN each year with small changes and minor improvements. I hope that if a V3 is announced that it follows that model. I like the V2 but of course it could be improved. I don't want a complete redesign though. I think the V2 ergonomics are good and further refining them with better tech will benefit the system rather than a complete redesign which screams, "sorry, we really messed that up last time!"

Anyway, as mentioned in my other post, I'm more interested in a lens roadmap being announced alongside any new bodies.

-- hide signature --

-Alex

iamthenewguy's gear list:iamthenewguy's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
jonikon
Like?
In reply to Teak, Jul 10, 2013

Teak wrote:

My guess is that it would be a J/S series announcement. The V2 was introduced last October however, the J3/S1 were earlier. Unlikely that V2 would be refreshed so fast.

Actually it is the other way around. The J3/S1 was announced in January of this year and the V2 was October of last year. I believe the V2 was a little late last year, but the V3 will be announced on schedule in September and possibly even August. I expect  the new Aptina 14MP sensor to be used.

Jon

ragspix
Contributing MemberPosts: 628
Like?

jonikon wrote:

Teak wrote:

Actually it is the other way around. The J3/S1 was announced in January of this year and the V2 was October of last year. I believe the V2 was a little late last year, but the V3 will be announced on schedule in September and possibly even August. I expect the new Aptina 14MP sensor to be used.

Jon

Hmmm Aug/Sept announcement... what a surprize...

Freeze the Christmas buyers with an announcement and ship in Nov....

It's like marketing ballet.. (but we'll see if they can pull it off)

Rags

Aspenz
Contributing MemberPosts: 572Gear list
Like?

Can't wait for it! Better start saving up too, especially since I've already gotten the f/1.2.

Aspenz's gear list:Aspenz's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 +3 more
rb0321
Contributing MemberPosts: 629Gear list
Like?

That would be great and if true, the price of a new V2 should fall.

rb0321's gear list:rb0321's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 +1 more
kreislauf
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
In reply to rb0321, 10 months ago

*bump*

so september is almost over and nothing here and on nikon rumors...

any news?

Vlasty
Regular MemberPosts: 406Gear list
Like?
In reply to rb0321, 10 months ago

rb0321 wrote:

That would be great and if true, the price of a new V2 should fall.

The price is indeed falling. Amazon Japan is selling some of the V2 10-30 kits for as low as $530.00 U.S. in fact I needed a 10-30 and for my V1 and just picked up the V2 with lens instead. However I think we wont see the V3 till early next year. We shall see.

Vlasty's gear list:Vlasty's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Nikon 1 V1 Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads