Jul 8, 2013

Many more here

-- hide signature --
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,509Gear list
Like?
Re: Fireworks, Rutland, MA
In reply to Priscilla Messinger, Jul 8, 2013

Fun set! #2 is my fave of this group. My only view this year was distant and obscured by wires. Thanks for the much improved version.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
BlueJakester
Senior MemberPosts: 1,705Gear list
Like?
In reply to Brev00, Jul 8, 2013

Very nice. I like the sense of motion. Good shooting!

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
Priscilla Messinger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904
Like?
Thanks
In reply to Priscilla Messinger, Jul 9, 2013

I love night shooting, and fireworks are my favorite. Rutland was a new venue for me and I think I prefer it to Worcester. The bridge I stood on last year is under construction and there is no sidewalk.

-- hide signature --
cwsiggy
Regular MemberPosts: 129Gear list
Like?

Love #4. Nice Job.

cwsiggy's gear list:cwsiggy's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Priscilla Messinger
Like?
In reply to cwsiggy, Jul 9, 2013

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with that one, as well.

-- hide signature --
latestart
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?

Those are really nice.

I'm seeing 4, 6 and 20 second exposures, right? So did you shoot when you saw the firework launched and count on the dark sky to show (approximately) nothing until the firework exploded? If yes, that's a cool way to manage a self-lighting subject like that.

But if you'd done it that way, I'd expect there would be more capture of after-main-explosion burn-out and not so much sharpness in the iimages. Please let me know so I'll be prepared for New Years.

Thanks.

Greg

Priscilla Messinger
Like?
In reply to latestart, Jul 9, 2013

I actually started out with 30 seconds and realized that was too much, so went down to 20, and kept going down. I cut it to 2 at the end, as they were coming too fast. You just have to experiment. I was happy that the sky was still blue at the beginning, but it darkened pretty fast.

-- hide signature --
draacor
Contributing MemberPosts: 928Gear list
Like?

Priscilla Messinger wrote:

I actually started out with 30 seconds and realized that was too much, so went down to 20, and kept going down. I cut it to 2 at the end, as they were coming too fast. You just have to experiment. I was happy that the sky was still blue at the beginning, but it darkened pretty fast.

-- hide signature --

Great shots i particularly like fireworks shots.  One thing i would recommend because its so much easier than to use a timed exposure is to use bulb.  Set your camera to bulb mode, use a remote.  Hit the remote once to open the shutter right after you see the fireworks go up in the air, then after they burst and get all pretty hit the remote again to close the shutter. This is much easier than to try and time it by doing 20 or 30 second intervals.  Here is one of mine

-- hide signature --

D7000
50mm 1.8D
18-105mm
55-200mm
10-24mm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalimpact

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
latestart
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
In reply to draacor, Jul 9, 2013

Thank you both.

Cool one with the watching crowd draacor.

Greg

Priscilla Messinger
Like?
In reply to draacor, Jul 9, 2013

Thanks for the advice. I had forgotten my cable release in the car, and it was a walk of over a mile each way to go back and get it.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads