Truly versatile compact camera

Started Jul 3, 2013 | User reviews
bb42
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Re: Truly versatile compact camera
In reply to Stephen Kovac Jr, Jul 30, 2013

With so many cameras to choose from it will be a hard time to decide each time you go out.

Let's hope the decision to press the shutter instantly for an intersting subject comes more easily.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
vincent filomena
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,106Gear list
Like?
My LF1 is still Magical...
In reply to madnina, Jul 30, 2013

Have had mine for several weeks: It does it all; I'm not using my other cameras ( and they are excellent); but, the LF1 does what I want, long reach, sharp pictures, and the little view finder is very helpful; (LCD are just useless in bright sunlight) and did I mention, : It slips into my shirt pocket !

See first 4 pictures in my Gallery...

YOU will carry this little Guy everywhere you go...

Vjim

vincent filomena's gear list:vincent filomena's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +1 more
maric5
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Re: My LF1 is still Magical...
In reply to vincent filomena, Aug 20, 2013

Other than the EVF, any comparisons between LF1 and Nikon 7700?  Especially interested in image quality.  Thanks

Gesture
Senior MemberPosts: 2,483Gear list
Like?
In reply to madnina, Aug 29, 2013

Thanks for the notes. Nikon put an EVF in the P600 (?) but never really followed that train of design.

madnina
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
In reply to Impulses, Sep 9, 2013

Sorry for late reply. Yes I just prefer the normal control dial. The camera is so small and light, putting your hand in front to move it doesn't feel as natural as it would with a bulkier dSLR (where your hand naturally find its place there to support the camera's heavy weight). You can do it, and the lens ring works just fine, but IMO this really is a single-handed camera.

madnina
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
In reply to madnina, Sep 9, 2013

Sorry it took a while. Pictures have been uploaded here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52134315

berni29
Senior MemberPosts: 1,490Gear list
Like?
In reply to madnina, Sep 15, 2013

Hi

I loved the LF1 when I tried it, but video is quite important to me, and the very basic settings offered by the LF1 are just not good enough. If it had the same video feature set as the LX7 I would have gone for it in a flash. I am actually quite upset as it is pretty much perfect in other respects, especially with the WIFI/NFC remote control.

Why Panasonic had to nickel and dime on the video when a better spec is available on lower end Panasonic's I do not know. A shot straight in the foot there.

Berni

-- hide signature --

Berni29
OMD, + Pana 20mm & 14-45mm Oly 45mm (prev GH1, E30, E510, E1, E300)

berni29's gear list:berni29's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Impulses
Senior MemberPosts: 1,104Gear list
Like?
In reply to berni29, Oct 20, 2013

Hi

I loved the LF1 when I tried it, but video is quite important to me, and the very basic settings offered by the LF1 are just not good enough. If it had the same video feature set as the LX7 I would have gone for it in a flash. I am actually quite upset as it is pretty much perfect in other respects, especially with the WIFI/NFC remote control.

Why Panasonic had to nickel and dime on the video when a better spec is available on lower end Panasonic's I do not know. A shot straight in the foot there.

Berni

-- hide signature --

Berni29
OMD, + Pana 20mm & 14-45mm Oly 45mm (prev GH1, E30, E510, E1, E300)

Could be a technical issue, like on the GM1 vs GX7, where they said increased heat dissipation during higher res video was an issue with the smaller body...

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads