Edward Snowden -- Running like a coward

Started Jul 1, 2013 | Discussions
Ahender
Senior MemberPosts: 1,554
Like?
Edward Snowden -- Running like a coward
Jul 1, 2013

Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the first remarks out of Snowden's mouth after he fled to Hong Kong was:  "I'll accept whatever punishment I get."

Now he has a list of 15 countries he is applying to trying to get asylum.

What a brave soul.

LeRentier
Forum ProPosts: 13,622Gear list
Like?
Re: Edward Snowden -- Running like a coward
In reply to Ahender, Jul 1, 2013

Ahender wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the first remarks out of Snowden's mouth after he fled to Hong Kong was: "I'll accept whatever punishment I get."

What a brave soul.

You can either consider his revelation as this summer's best soap or say to yourself that Snowden will stop running once he has made public all the dirty secrets he discovered.

I expect the next revelation to include details on he industrial spying done by he NSA and for the sole benefit of American corporations who are willing to pay for it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sdribetahi
Contributing MemberPosts: 819
Like?
In reply to LeRentier, Jul 1, 2013

LeRentier wrote:

Ahender wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the first remarks out of Snowden's mouth after he fled to Hong Kong was: "I'll accept whatever punishment I get."

What a brave soul.

You can either consider his revelation as this summer's best soap or say to yourself that Snowden will stop running once he has made public all the dirty secrets he discovered.

I expect the next revelation to include details on he industrial spying done by he NSA and for the sole benefit of American corporations who are willing to pay for it.

Why do you think he is still releasing information? Is he only allowed to divulge X amount per day or something?

LeRentier
Forum ProPosts: 13,622Gear list
Like?
In reply to sdribetahi, Jul 1, 2013

sdribetahi wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

Ahender wrote:

What a brave soul.

Why do you think he is still releasing information? Is he only allowed to divulge X amount per day or something?

Don't we all have our gut feeling about events ?

Maybe he will release enough new details to become untouchable.

If I were president of France, I would offer him asylum, political refugee status, followed by a French passport, VIP protection - and the middle finger for the US of course -

-- hide signature --

veni vidi vomi

Mouser
Senior MemberPosts: 2,026Gear list
Like?

Ahender wrote:

You are wrong.  Perhaps you should actually watch the interview with him.

taintedcamera
Senior MemberPosts: 4,784
Like?
Coming from the IMFA
In reply to LeRentier, Jul 1, 2013

LeRentier wrote:

Ahender wrote:

What a brave soul.

Now that's a far stretch, considering that it has been well documented that China is into the spying game strictly for the industrial/corporation secrets. The NSA are certainly not spying on France for their expansive industrial knowledge, as they are not spying on China for their corporate secrets.

The NSA biggest concern today is to see to it, that when the Big Bang does goes off, and it someday certainly will, they will know exactly who were the 'friends' involved in the interim of analysing the trail of the lighting that wick. When people are observed covering such trails today, be them friend or foe.... it is time their communications be closely watched.... no matter what country they are from.
And if any one country wants to bitch about being eavesdropped on..... Too Bad!

I think now we can all rest assured that any so called documents won't come from Snowden himself, but rather only statements of such coming from the anti-US crowd overseas.

There will not be any official 'Snowman' documents for all to see... only fraudulent or undetermined origin of said documents, or other hear-say statements from the IMFA....
International Multinational Fraudsters Association.

mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 33,307Gear list
Like?
Breaking News: Snowden seeking asylum in Russia

Russia would just love to have Snowden and those 5 laptop full of US secrets. Good work Snowden. Russia will love you and your laptops.

Werderano
Senior MemberPosts: 1,870
Like?
Re: Coming from the IMFA
In reply to taintedcamera, Jul 1, 2013

taintedcamera wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

Ahender wrote:

What a brave soul.

Now that's a far stretch, considering that it has been well documented that China is into the spying game strictly for the industrial/corporation secrets. The NSA are certainly not spying on France for their expansive industrial knowledge, as they are not spying on China for their corporate secrets.

The NSA biggest concern today is to see to it, that when the Big Bang does goes off, and it someday certainly will, they will know exactly who were the 'friends' involved in the interim of analysing the trail of the lighting that wick. When people are observed covering such trails today, be them friend or foe.... it is time their communications be closely watched.... no matter what country they are from.
And if any one country wants to bitch about being eavesdropped on..... Too Bad!

I think now we can all rest assured that any so called documents won't come from Snowden himself, but rather only statements of such coming from the anti-US crowd overseas.

There will not be any official 'Snowman' documents for all to see... only fraudulent or undetermined origin of said documents, or other hear-say statements from the IMFA....
International Multinational Fraudsters Association.

Sure, the EU gov will take part in the next terror act against the USA...

Plz read what the NSA really does. Read the Echelon Report or even the short wikiarticel.

And only for you ,-)

"The US, meanwhile, is biding its time. US President Obama said on Monday in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania that his government is still looking at the revelations published in SPIEGEL. He said that once that examination is complete, the US will provide its allies with all of the information they are seeking."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/merkel-furious-at-us-spying-and-eu-to-check-offices-for-bugs-a-908859.html

Johnsonj
Senior MemberPosts: 1,982
Like?
Sure is -- Running like a coward

Ahender wrote:

What a brave soul.

My uncle said the same when this story first broke. Meanwhile, liberals and Libertarians have their panties in a twist acting like drama queens.

Johnsonj
Like?

Ahender wrote:

Sensible defenders of civil liberties understand that trade-offs of this sort are both necessary and messy. It is incumbent on us to avoid the allure of treating privacy as an absolute value, on our way to advocating policies that could put us all in danger.

What a brave soul.

Johnsonj
Like?
Where is Chato when you need a good excuse/spin?
In reply to mamallama, Jul 1, 2013

mamallama wrote:

Russia would just love to have Snowden and those 5 laptop full of US secrets. Good work Snowden. Russia will love you and your laptops.

Personally, I think Chato is jealous of Snowden getting to hang out in Russia.

mamallama
Like?
Putin states conditions for asylum in Russia

Russia's President Vladimir Putin says Snowden will have to stop leaking U.S. secrets if he wants to get asylum in Russia, but adds that Snowden has no plan to quit doing so.

taintedcamera
Senior MemberPosts: 4,784
Like?
Re: Breaking News: Snowden seeking asylum in Russia

mamallama wrote:

It takes you about twenty minutes to clone a single hard drive.

It would take country's like the US, China or Russia about twenty seconds to do the same.
It has already been done...

Chato
Forum ProPosts: 45,880Gear list
Like?
How pathetic to call an obviously courageous man a coward.

Ahender wrote:

What a brave soul.

But you are mimicing our government and our press.

This is a guy who has risked everything for principle. But since there's no way of denying that the information he's releasing is true, he is being libeled, slandered, smeared and vilified by all the gutless commentators and editorial writers who don't have the GUTS to defend the US Constitution.

Pretty soon it will be against the law to defend the Constitution. Indeed, they are already promising to arrest any reporters who actually do that.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

intruder61
Senior MemberPosts: 2,716Gear list
Like?
Re: How pathetic to call an obviously courageous man a coward.
In reply to Chato, Jul 1, 2013

Chato wrote:

Ahender wrote:

What a brave soul.

editorial writers who don't have the GUTS to defend the US Constitution.

Pretty soon it will be against the law to defend the Constitution.

you are a fool if you truly believe that the constitution is being adhered to....it is a piece of paper to keep the sheep happy.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

mamallama
Like?
Re: Breaking News: Snowden seeking asylum in Russia
In reply to taintedcamera, Jul 1, 2013

taintedcamera wrote:

mamallama wrote:

It takes you about twenty minutes to clone a single hard drive.

It would take country's like the US, China or Russia about twenty seconds to do the same.
It has already been done...

On Snowden's laptop hard drives??? Ya think? Don't they need to get possession of the laptops first?

TrapperJohn
Forum ProPosts: 10,834
Like?
Edward Snowden -- about to learn a very painful lesson
In reply to Ahender, Jul 2, 2013

in the difference between the country he grew up in, and other countries.

Putin: you can stay here as long as you shut up.

Snowden: I can say whatever I want, whenever I want.

You don't come into Russia and cross Vladimir Putin. He will step on you.

This is going to be interesting...

Wheatfield
Senior MemberPosts: 6,297
Like?

Ahender wrote:

What a brave soul.

He'll accept any punishment he gets after he is caught. Why should he just turn belly up and be taken willingly? Is that really the American way?

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

sensibill
Senior MemberPosts: 4,370Gear list
Like?

Ahender wrote:

What a brave soul.

When was the last time you put YOUR ass on the line for what you believe in..?

Oh, right, he shouldn't avoid 'fair and just' persecution (aka bullet in the eye) the USA is looking to give him.

You'd think the various anti-Obama birther types around here would be cheering the guy.

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Sony SLT-A57
sensibill
Senior MemberPosts: 4,370Gear list
Like?
In reply to LeRentier, Jul 2, 2013

LeRentier wrote:

Ahender wrote:

What a brave soul.

And wouldn't it be awesome if a vocal, voting majority in this country gave a crap about such revelations, and we had a media that actually gave them proportionate coverage and weren't beholden to corporate interests?

We can dream, right?

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Sony SLT-A57
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads