Where to buy an Olympus XZ-1 Hot Shoe Cover?

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Questions
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,759Gear list
Like?
Where to buy an Olympus XZ-1 Hot Shoe Cover?
Jun 29, 2013

Hello,

I did some searches with no real answers to this question.   I know some people question the need for it, but the XZ's and the Pen's have the Electronic Accessories port that can get dirty quickly.  I also notice that since the camera comes in and out of my pocket a lot it catches more on threads without the cover on.    I am guessing the cover is the same for the new Olympus Pens.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Craig from Nevada
Contributing MemberPosts: 637Gear list
Like?
Re: Where to buy an Olympus XZ-1 Hot Shoe Cover?
In reply to phazelag, Jun 29, 2013

phazelag wrote:

Hello,

I did some searches with no real answers to this question. I know some people question the need for it, but the XZ's and the Pen's have the Electronic Accessories port that can get dirty quickly. I also notice that since the camera comes in and out of my pocket a lot it catches more on threads without the cover on. I am guessing the cover is the same for the new Olympus Pens. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can find these on ebay at a price that beats Olympus by a mile.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,759Gear list
Like?
The Generic ones dont seal the Oly Acc port.
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Jun 30, 2013

Craig Please post a link. I already searched ebay and non of them are the official Olympus cover that seals off the accessory port below the hot shoe on the back.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
tanniewu
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Re: The Generic ones dont seal the Oly Acc port.
In reply to phazelag, Jul 2, 2013

Try this one?  I must say I don't know whether it's a good seller.  Don't come to me if you get any trouble

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hotshoe-Cover-x4-for-Olympux-for-XZ-1-/160851586154?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2573806c6a

-- hide signature --

TWu
E-M5, HLD-6, GX1, XZ-1, XZ-2, TG-1, VF-3, FL-50R, FL-300R, FL-600R
9-18, 12-35, 12-50, 35-100, 100-300, 25/1.4, 45/1.8
Pentacon 50/1.8 (m42)

tanniewu's gear list:tanniewu's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P5 +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads