Samsung has a Facebook page for the NX300...

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Discussions
Kirk Tuck
Senior MemberPosts: 1,897Gear list
Like?
Samsung has a Facebook page for the NX300...
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/image.logger?fref=ts

In full disclosure I am shooting the NX300 for Samsung and I've got some work posted there, as do 25 other photographers from across the U.S. It's pretty cool to see what the camera and lens can do.

-- hide signature --

Austin based advertising and portrait photographer, and author of the book series, Minimalist Lighting, and the books: Commercial Photographers Handbook, Photographic Lighting Equipment, and, LED Lighting for Digital Photographers. www.kirktuck.com

Kirk Tuck's gear list:Kirk Tuck's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Samsung NX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Knallberto
Senior MemberPosts: 5,478
Like?
Samsung has a Fakebook page for the NX300...
In reply to Kirk Tuck, Jun 29, 2013

I AM NOOOO LEMMING, I do not need FaceBook.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Kirk Tuck
Like?
Re: Samsung has a Fakebook page for the NX300...
In reply to Knallberto, Jun 30, 2013

Wow, what a paranoid and silly response. I don't care if you personally never want to be on Facebook. I was posting this for people who may be interested in the NX300 and may want to see more and more samples from lots of different shooters. You know, millions of people are able to use Facebook without going insane or blind.....

-- hide signature --

Austin based advertising and portrait photographer, and author of the book series, Minimalist Lighting, and the books: Commercial Photographers Handbook, Photographic Lighting Equipment, and, LED Lighting for Digital Photographers. www.kirktuck.com

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
jonathanj
Regular MemberPosts: 456Gear list
Like?
Re: Samsung has a Facebook page for the NX300...
In reply to Kirk Tuck, Jun 30, 2013

I've lost touch with how brands are promoted on facebook, but is this page intended to be setup as private? It looks like it's been setup as a personal page with limited visibilty, so I have to add "image logger" as a friend and be accepted before I can see these pictures. Shouldn't it be setup as a public page like this one  (which appears to be the official NX300 page)?

jonathanj's gear list:jonathanj's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +3 more
Nikonworks
Senior MemberPosts: 2,202
Like?

When I first heard of and went to Facebook I registered,

Then they wanted to copy my entire emil address book.

I am not that stupid to do so and as a result want nothing to do with Facebook.

Kirk Tuck
Like?
In reply to Nikonworks, Jun 30, 2013

I agree with that. I would never let Facebook have my address book. If that's what they are asking for I'm sorry I posted this.

-- hide signature --

Gesture
Senior MemberPosts: 1,937Gear list
Like?

Don't know about Facebook, but glad to see Samsung reaching out to photographers.

jonathanj
Regular MemberPosts: 456Gear list
Like?

You don't have to give facebook your entire email, but I think (and it was a while ago I registered) that it's presented as a step in the registration process that you have to avoid by clicking the hard to find "skip" button or something. Linkedin does the same thing. In other words many people probably do so without thinking. Personally, I think as long as you treat facebook as a heavily commercialized public forum with no privacy, you're fine. Sort of like going to a shopping mall - if you aren't happy for everyone you know and anyone who happens by to know all about something, don't post it on facebook!

Samsung has a few official pages on facebook, and some of them post some nice pictures from time to time. If you're on facebook, it might be worth a look, but I wouldn't sign up just to see their pictures. Also, most of them (but not the link posted above) are public so you shouldn't need to sign up to see them.

jonathanj's gear list:jonathanj's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +3 more
Knallberto
Senior MemberPosts: 5,478
Like?
Re: Samsung has a Fakebook page for the NX300...

yeah ... LEMMINGS ... one million flys cannot be wrong ...

tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,107Gear list
Like?

A lot of lucky guys getting gear for free from samsung. Would you care to share with us how to get part of this? Thx.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
Kirk Tuck
Like?
In reply to tecnoworld, Jun 30, 2013

In my case I think they came to me because I've written five photography books that sell well and have a photography blog that gets about 25,000 pageviews a day.   Or, they just like my profile picture...

Here's one of the shots I did with the NX 300 and kit lens:

Studio shot with fluorescent main light and LED background light.

-- hide signature --

TJL LTFF
Senior MemberPosts: 1,096Gear list
Like?

Kirk Tuck wrote:

In my case I think they came to me because I've written five photography books that sell well and have a photography blog that gets about 25,000 pageviews a day. Or, they just like my profile picture...

Here's one of the shots I did with the NX 300 and kit lens:

Studio shot with fluorescent main light and LED background light.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share both here and on your blog. I hope you continue to do so.

Beautiful lighting in your photo of a gorgeous face.

TJL LTFF's gear list:TJL LTFF's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 20mm F2.8 Pancake +6 more
tecnoworld
Like?

Oh, so it's not been you to apply for being part of the whole. Thanks for replying.

Very nice shot (and gorgeous model).

Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
Gesture
Senior MemberPosts: 1,937Gear list
Like?

Congrats.  Too bad NX300 isn't a "Best Under $1,000" camera.

AndricD
Regular MemberPosts: 231Gear list
Like?
In reply to Gesture, Jun 30, 2013

Gesture wrote:

Congrats. Too bad NX300 isn't a "Best Under $1,000" camera.

for some reason samsung never seems to be even looked at for those articles. Like still no preview shots or any hint dpreview have even thought about reviewing the nx300

AndricD's gear list:AndricD's gear list
Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 ED OIS Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED +4 more
Kirk Tuck
Like?
In reply to AndricD, Jun 30, 2013

I think it's a great little camera. The one thing I would want to change is to have the ability to attach an electronic viewfinder for using the camera in direct sunlight. All of them are a bit iffy there. As to the files it's competitive with most of the APS-C DSLR's I've seen and the kit lens is really good. I was happy when Samsung sent along the 30mm f2. Now THAT'S a great lens...

I'm sure DPReview is saving their energy for the new Galaxy camera review. That should be relatively game changing.

-- hide signature --

tecnoworld
Like?

Nx300 is better than nex and fuji, but nobody at dpreview is interested.

AndricD
Like?

Try out the 45mm if you get a chance - would love to see that how that worked out with the model you're working with. The 30mm is a great lens though and great fun to work with.

Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 ED OIS Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED +4 more
Anthony Alongi
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
In reply to AndricD, Jun 30, 2013

I am at least two or three of those hits per day on your blog, Kirk.  Love your work and the blog.  I gotta day, I am kinda diggin' this little camera and the lenses.   There are a couple of quirks that I don't care for, but every camera has them.  The files are gorgeous.  Lens wise, the only thing missing from the line-up for me would be a compact portrait lens, and it looks like there is a 55/1.8 on the drawing board.  Hmmmm....making a trip to B&H in a few weeks - will have to check this out.  And, I AM in the market for a mirrorless system.  I would, however, need to grow up and get out of my "cameras come from camera companies" way of thinking.  Maybe I am too old (old dogs, new tricks thing).

-- hide signature --

Tony A.

AndricD
Like?
In reply to Anthony Alongi, Jun 30, 2013

Anthony Alongi wrote:

I am at least two or three of those hits per day on your blog, Kirk. Love your work and the blog. I gotta day, I am kinda diggin' this little camera and the lenses. There are a couple of quirks that I don't care for, but every camera has them. The files are gorgeous. Lens wise, the only thing missing from the line-up for me would be a compact portrait lens, and it looks like there is a 55/1.8 on the drawing board. Hmmmm....making a trip to B&H in a few weeks - will have to check this out. And, I AM in the market for a mirrorless system. I would, however, need to grow up and get out of my "cameras come from camera companies" way of thinking. Maybe I am too old (old dogs, new tricks thing).

-- hide signature --

Tony A.

The 55 1.8 turned into the 45mm 1.8 which is the compact portrait

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads