What should the next poll be?

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Polls
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,037Gear list
Like?
What should the next poll be?
Jun 27, 2013

Of course you can all vote, but some of the references may only make sense if you've been hanging around Olympus Talk Forum for a number of years.

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
POLL
What is future of 4/3rds?
14.8% 4  votes
The non-future of 4/3rds (whiners version of option 1). There's no question mark because it's already been decided.
0.0% 0  votes
Is the DPR staff is more biased towards Canon or Nikon or Apple?
18.5% 5  votes
When will Olympus make a real FF camera? (But Olympus 4/3rds cameras are full frame).
7.4% 2  votes
What would you like to be on Olympus 4/3rds lens road map (besides the 100mm macro and 300mm f4)?
18.5% 5  votes
Physics, faux-physics, equivalence, and quantum efficiency.
3.7% 1  vote
Bacon or Eggs?
37.0% 10  votes
  Show results
rkhndjr
Forum ProPosts: 12,278
Like?
Re: What should the next poll be?
In reply to SirSeth, Jun 28, 2013

SirSeth wrote:

Of course you can all vote, but some of the references may only make sense if you've been hanging around Olympus Talk Forum for a number of years.

Check your PM

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sergey_Green
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,291Gear list
Like?
I thought it was a check box

.. not a radio button. It allows only one check :(.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 24,681
Like?
I voted for...

SirSeth wrote:

...the "Physics, faux-physics, equivalence, and quantum efficiency" option.  Maybe the next poll can be who was surprised by that? 

olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 23,348
Like?
What if...

SirSeth wrote:

...I like bacon AND eggs?

There is just Bacon or egg.

Just Having Fun
Senior MemberPosts: 3,869
Like?
Anyone looking to buy a backup record player?

I love LPs.  With an old analog amp and good speakers, the sound to me better than from my smartphone and good earbuds.

Sure I could buy a new "state-of -the art" receiver and CDs (I read that they will be gone in 10 years like DSLRs), but I am heavily invested in my current format and still very much enjoy it.

The question, how many people have a backup?

SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,037Gear list
Like?
Re: What if...
In reply to olyflyer, Jun 28, 2013

It were were only that easy.

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,943Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone looking to buy a backup record player?
In reply to Just Having Fun, Jun 29, 2013

Just Having Fun wrote:

I love LPs. With an old analog amp and good speakers, the sound to me better than from my smartphone and good earbuds.

Sure I could buy a new "state-of -the art" receiver and CDs (I read that they will be gone in 10 years like DSLRs), but I am heavily invested in my current format and still very much enjoy it.

The question, how many people have a backup?

I have an LP turntable, as well as three working reel to reel tape decks.  The backup is in good shape.  

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,943Gear list
Like?
Re: What if...
In reply to SirSeth, Jun 29, 2013

SirSeth wrote:

It were were only that easy.

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

It is that easy, and yes the hokey pokey is what it is all about.  

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Craig from Nevada
Contributing MemberPosts: 638Gear list
Like?
Re: What should the next poll be?
In reply to SirSeth, Jun 29, 2013

What should we have for dinner this evening?

Timely, topical, and something everyone has some control over (compare this to topic to any discussion of FT or E-7)

photogirl7
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Who's bored with these stupid polls?
In reply to SirSeth, Jul 1, 2013

I'd vote yes.

TrapperJohn
Forum ProPosts: 10,847
Like?
Poll dancing?
In reply to SirSeth, Jul 1, 2013

I'd much rather watch it than do it. (get that unpleasant mental image out of your mind, if you can)

1 and 2 will be answered in about three months, one way or another. My gut feel, is, all the people who dumped their HG and SHG glass cheap won't be feeling nearly as as smug as those of us who bought those lenses at great prices.

DPR is biased against (insert your preferred brand). Standard thread that gets started every time a review is published. They didn't have a lot good to say about 4/3, but they've been very generous about a few M43 cameras. And they may have had a point - 4/3  has a much narrower appeal than the smaller M43.

Still, I remember the classic line well known to any long time forum member: a solution looking for a problem. Talk about hoof in mouth disease...

Why make a FF camera? C/N/S already make them, Pentax is about to join because they don't have much choice, and it would mean a whole new lens line, just as sensor tech is negating many of the advantages of a larger sensor. Can't cost justify that one.

It would be nice just to have a lens roadmap... a current one. Pity about the 100 2.8, that would have been superb.

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle prevents me from having a concrete position on quantum physics.

Eggs, definitely. I never cared for hard crunchy things early in the morning - don't want to start the day with food that fights back.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads