SZ-12 A few from my new Olympus

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Photos
Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 3,169
Like?
SZ-12 A few from my new Olympus
Jun 27, 2013

First day with my new pocket camera. So far, I like what I see from this CCD sensor camera and look forward to trying out the 24X zoom. Photos lightly cropped and sharpened.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus SZ-12
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 822Gear list
Like?
Re: SZ-12 A few from my new Olympus
In reply to Sactojim, Jun 27, 2013

Nice macros. Beuatifull  flowers. And how capable small super zoom is that. Its in good hands it seems.

Ben

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sactojim
Like?
In reply to Ben O Connor, Jun 27, 2013

You are too kind Ben. I've always admired the Oly colors and can't wait to get some nice landscapes with it. I can't believe they packed a 24x lens into something so small..easily fits in a pocket.
Thanks again.

stronics
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sactojim, Jun 28, 2013

Really stunning shots! Some of the very sharpest images I've seen on this website.

David

Aaron Sur
Senior MemberPosts: 1,002
Like?
In reply to Sactojim, Jun 29, 2013

Performance for price is outstanding , and these cameras go closer to the 24mm wide angle setting which to me is so much more versatile than the 28mm on my XZ-1.

What mode did you use to get the very good subject to background separation of the flowers from the foilage

Aaron

Sactojim
Like?
Re: SZ-12 More Pics Added
In reply to Aaron Sur, Jun 29, 2013

Thanks to all for the positives. This camera is one of the best p&s inexpensive cams I have used..accurate and quick auto focus, low noise at base iso 80 and up to 400 without any noticeable artifacts, very nice jpg color, and that huge zoom. Another plus is the easy to navigate and intuitive menu..it's easy when in a hurry.

So far, every image shot in P mode and macro. Looking forward to trying super macro, iAuto, and there are numerous scene modes. Btw, the LCD has really nice contrast and useable even in bright sunlight.

Somewhat everexposed

Overexposed...should have used the sunny mode in white balance menu

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads