privater
Regular MemberPosts: 157Gear list
Like?
RX100 MK2 is online
Jun 27, 2013
 privater's gear list:privater's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 +17 more
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
2eyesee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,674
Like?
Re: RX100 MK2 is online
In reply to privater, Jun 27, 2013

privater wrote:

http://store.sony.com/p/20.2-megapixel%2C-RX100/en/p/DSCRX100M2/B

$749.99

Thanks for that.

Only 3 weeks away from shipping - Sony certainly aren't messing around!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 6,947Gear list
Like?
Calm Down Pilgrims

Ooohhhh! Calm down Pilgrims.

When rx100 was new, a few things happened, may not this time, but, it went like this (according to my feeble memory):

1. Only Sony had them, for pre-orders.

2. Next, others, took pre-orders

3. Sony got them first, filled orders, shipped them first. Others had no idea when they would get some. USA, UK, Europe, Canada, all had different 'arrival' times. Frothing at the mouth occurred.

4. Extra OEM batteries were nowhere to be found. Actually, non-oem batteries and chargers showed up on eBay before OEM extra batteries.

5. Return Policies became clear: (verify current policies) Sony On-Line, 30 days; Sony Stores, limited, be careful; Others, Willoughbys, Adorama, B&H, etc., 30 days, no questions asked; Amazon, 30 days, return shipping label provided. Etc.

6. Some stores had better deals on line than if bought at the store, or, they had offers on eBay, rather than directly on their own web sites. Combo deals, batteries, chargers, auto chargers, tripods, cases, screen protectors, warranties, etc. started showing up on eBay.

7. After Others were selling them for a bit, Sony then offered FREE 2 year accidental warranty (if bought from Stores). Save $90., pay $45. taxes, net save $45., that is what I did.

8. 2 year free Sony accidental warranty offer disappeared fairly quickly.

9. Cases, Grips, Accessories, gradually and progressively became/become available.

10. $650. price has held for 10/11 months, (I predict will drop some soon).

As for getting a good discounted price for an original rx100:

IMO, (it is always late at night when I say troublesome things)

I have rx100, will wait for M3 or, miniature APS-C

If I did not have rx100, I would get new M2 model, not discounted original. While waiting for evaluation of the new BSI sensor, the only IQ change, I would sell whatever I could, skip going out for meals, make my girlfriend or mother feed me, buy cheap gas, walk, whatever, to get M2.

The difference in price, averaged over a few years, is not that much, and, in the future if you sell it, it will be more desirable than original.

Each new feature has merits, taken together, it is what they would have done if they had 6 months more in advance of the original issue.

Here it comes:

Don't whine to me about the measly extra 2.4 mm, (less than 3/16" thickness) or extra weight, if this was the original size and weight, it would have been equally hailed as the best pants pocketable miniature marvel in existence.

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100 Olympus Stylus 1
Tapper123
Senior MemberPosts: 1,172Gear list
Like?
Re: Calm Down Pilgrims
In reply to elliottnewcomb, Jun 27, 2013

Heh, good points and advice in your post.

But I am feeling so weak right now. I do want this camera. I usually buy from Amazon, but if Sony online has a 30 day return policy and free shipping, then Amazon doesn't really have an advantage this time. Hmm...
EDIT: actually if I order from Sony I have to pay $50 tax plus the free shipping is ground. I'll wait for Amazon and save $50, and get free 2 day shipping with my Prime.

Also, love the new accessories. The grip is a must, especially for just $15. The filter is also interesting. The EVF would be a must, but not at $450. Grrrr. At $200 I would buy it for sure.

Tapper123's gear list:Tapper123's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +2 more
Dan K123
Regular MemberPosts: 184
Like?
EPP price 674.99

PreOrdered it using EPP program and it came up to 674.99 + tax ($733). I sold my year old RX100 for $500 recently so this is basically a $230 upgrade for me.

-- hide signature --

SOLD: RX100

Tapper123
Like?
Re: EPP price 674.99
In reply to Dan K123, Jun 27, 2013

Dan K123 wrote:

PreOrdered it using EPP program and it came up to 674.99 + tax ($733). I sold my year old RX100 for $500 recently so this is basically a $230 upgrade for me.

-- hide signature --

SOLD: RX100

EPP? Please elaborate. If it's education related, I am currently a student so...

Dan K123
Regular MemberPosts: 184
Like?
Re: EPP price 674.99
In reply to Tapper123, Jun 27, 2013

Employee Purchase Program. Depends on the company that you work for, they may or may not have a discount for you. There might be some student discount, but I don't know about that.

Tapper123
Like?
Education discount works!
In reply to Dan K123, Jun 27, 2013

Dan K123 wrote:

Employee Purchase Program. Depends on the company that you work for, they may or may not have a discount for you. There might be some student discount, but I don't know about that.

I created an account using my college email, and setup my school etc. Then went into the Sony edu store camera section, and there was the RX100 II for $674.99!!

I placed the order! Cannot wait.

Cheng Bao
Contributing MemberPosts: 986
Like?

Look at sample compared with r100 on i-r, I am disappointed.

I hope that because they got a bad copy with faulty lense.

eilivk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,491Gear list
Like?
Re: Calm Down Pilgrims
In reply to Tapper123, Jun 27, 2013

Tapper123 wrote:

Heh, good points and advice in your post.

But I am feeling so weak right now. I do want this camera. I usually buy from Amazon, but if Sony online has a 30 day return policy and free shipping, then Amazon doesn't really have an advantage this time. Hmm...
EDIT: actually if I order from Sony I have to pay $50 tax plus the free shipping is ground. I'll wait for Amazon and save $50, and get free 2 day shipping with my Prime.

Also, love the new accessories. The grip is a must, especially for just $15. The filter is also interesting. The EVF would be a must, but not at $450. Grrrr. At $200 I would buy it for sure.

Interesting camera! Especially the new sensor. Size compered to RX100? The same EVF and battery as RX1? Same method of charging? Was about to buy battery for RX1. Guess the small RXes and the FFs have a lot in common?

Sure this is a special camera, but let's see if it's worth the price.

eilivk's gear list:eilivk's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Ricoh CX4 Sony RX1 +7 more
Darren Lee
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?

i wonder how much the original rx100 price will drop come july?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads