Aperture job posting

Started Jun 26, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
cygnl7 New Member • Posts: 9
Aperture job posting

I noticed a new job posting from Apple yesterday. This sure sounds like a job description for an Aperture engineer.

The new tagline: Aperture -- It's not dead yet!

Stubb
Stubb Contributing Member • Posts: 507
Re: Aperture job posting

I figure that one developer has been keeping Aperture alive as a side project during their lunch break the past few years. Maybe they're finally getting a sidekick?

-- hide signature --
 Stubb's gear list:Stubb's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
BlueJakester
BlueJakester Senior Member • Posts: 2,089

Stubb wrote:

I figure that one developer has been keeping Aperture alive as a side project during their lunch break the past few years. Maybe they're finally getting a sidekick?

-- hide signature --

LOL! Good one

dpscoot Regular Member • Posts: 137

The 'one developer' needs someone to go to starbucks.

1) the senior developer
2) runner

Danny Michael New Member • Posts: 22

Better yet, maybe they're getting serious about a Photoshop competitor in light of recent events.

graybalanced Veteran Member • Posts: 4,849

Danny Michael wrote:

Better yet, maybe they're getting serious about a Photoshop competitor in light of recent events.

That would be a big job since Aperture is only a Lightroom competitor right now and the job is apparently only for Aperture.

webfrasse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,857

Stubb wrote:

-- hide signature --

What does this say about Lightroom? Pretty sad for Adobe if one Apple Engineer is all it takes to keep Adobe busy with upgrades....

-- hide signature --

Mikael

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,593

Stubb wrote:

-- hide signature --

LOL, poor guy.

webfrasse wrote:

Stubb wrote:

-- hide signature --

What does this say about Lightroom? Pretty sad for Adobe if one Apple Engineer is all it takes to keep Adobe busy with upgrades....

-- hide signature --

Mikael

I don't see Adobe having having to worry about a neglected Apple product. Besides, overall Lightrrom is far superior.

I must be missing something. I don't see it mention Aperture anywhere. The job title is for a Sr. Image Software Engineer - Photo Apps.

Basalite wrote:

webfrasse wrote:

Stubb wrote:

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Mikael

I don't see Adobe having having to worry about a neglected Apple product. Besides, overall Lightrrom is far superior.

That's just an opinion....matters less. It's like kids in the playground...my dad is a Fireman. Now run along and play with your Lighrrrrrrrrom;-)

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Danny Michael wrote:

I must be missing something. I don't see it mention Aperture anywhere. The job title is for a Sr. Image Software Engineer - Photo Apps.

Let me see...what kind of an app is Aperture?

-- hide signature --

Mikael

WoodWorks Senior Member • Posts: 1,388

webfrasse wrote:

Danny Michael wrote:

Let me see...what kind of an app is Aperture?

Oooh! I know, I know! It's an app just like, wait for it... iPhoto!

David

-- hide signature --

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows
--Epictetus

graybalanced Veteran Member • Posts: 4,849

It could very well be for Aperture. At first I wondered if it might be for iPhoto, or the iOS mobile apps, but actually reading the description, it contains all of these important words:

- Advanced (i.e., probably not iPhoto)

- OS X imaging technologies (i.e., not iPhone apps)

"Prior experience optimizing image editing and processing pipelines for use on the largest photo libraries is a strong plus."

Sounds like whatever app this job is for, is not for wimps.

Maybe if you took the time to read the thread you would see I mentioned it was possible they were looking for some sort of Ps competitor. I didn't say it wasn't for Aperture, just that it might be for something else. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

webfrasse wrote:

Basalite wrote:

webfrasse wrote:

Stubb wrote:

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Mikael

That's just an opinion....matters less. It's like kids in the playground...my dad is a Fireman. Now run along and play with your Lighrrrrrrrrom;-)

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Many tools (some of which do not exist in Aperture) and capabilities in Lightroom are objectively and factually better. Nothing to do with opinions.

Danny Michael wrote:

That would be great.

indipix images New Member • Posts: 5

How does adobe pay the salaries of all the engineers on the LR team: make a few minor changes, call it a majot upgrade and charge you more to upgrade  than what a new AA costs.

And the LR user interface sucks, mush have been designed by engineers who worked at microsoft, just a clutter of boxes and modules.  Creative people need a much more intutitive interface like mac.

indipix images's gear list:indipix images's gear list
Nikon D800E
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads