Aperture job posting

Started Jun 26, 2013 | Discussions
cygnl7
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Aperture job posting
Jun 26, 2013

I noticed a new job posting from Apple yesterday. This sure sounds like a job description for an Aperture engineer.

The new tagline: Aperture -- It's not dead yet!

Stubb
Contributing MemberPosts: 507Gear list
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to cygnl7, Jun 26, 2013

I figure that one developer has been keeping Aperture alive as a side project during their lunch break the past few years. Maybe they're finally getting a sidekick?

-- hide signature --
 Stubb's gear list:Stubb's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
BlueJakester
Senior MemberPosts: 1,717Gear list
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to Stubb, Jun 26, 2013

Stubb wrote:

I figure that one developer has been keeping Aperture alive as a side project during their lunch break the past few years. Maybe they're finally getting a sidekick?

-- hide signature --

LOL! Good one

 BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
dpscoot
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to BlueJakester, Jun 26, 2013

The 'one developer' needs someone to go to starbucks.

1) the senior developer
2) runner

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Danny Michael
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to cygnl7, Jun 26, 2013

Better yet, maybe they're getting serious about a Photoshop competitor in light of recent events.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
graybalanced
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,084
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to Danny Michael, Jun 27, 2013

Danny Michael wrote:

Better yet, maybe they're getting serious about a Photoshop competitor in light of recent events.

That would be a big job since Aperture is only a Lightroom competitor right now and the job is apparently only for Aperture.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
webfrasse
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,773
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to Stubb, Jun 27, 2013

Stubb wrote:

I figure that one developer has been keeping Aperture alive as a side project during their lunch break the past few years. Maybe they're finally getting a sidekick?

-- hide signature --

What does this say about Lightroom? Pretty sad for Adobe if one Apple Engineer is all it takes to keep Adobe busy with upgrades....

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to Stubb, Jun 27, 2013

Stubb wrote:

I figure that one developer has been keeping Aperture alive as a side project during their lunch break the past few years. Maybe they're finally getting a sidekick?

-- hide signature --

LOL, poor guy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to webfrasse, Jun 27, 2013

webfrasse wrote:

Stubb wrote:

I figure that one developer has been keeping Aperture alive as a side project during their lunch break the past few years. Maybe they're finally getting a sidekick?

-- hide signature --

What does this say about Lightroom? Pretty sad for Adobe if one Apple Engineer is all it takes to keep Adobe busy with upgrades....

-- hide signature --

Mikael

I don't see Adobe having having to worry about a neglected Apple product. Besides, overall Lightrrom is far superior.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Danny Michael
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to graybalanced, Jun 28, 2013

I must be missing something. I don't see it mention Aperture anywhere. The job title is for a Sr. Image Software Engineer - Photo Apps.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
webfrasse
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,773
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to Basalite, Jun 28, 2013

Basalite wrote:

webfrasse wrote:

Stubb wrote:

I figure that one developer has been keeping Aperture alive as a side project during their lunch break the past few years. Maybe they're finally getting a sidekick?

-- hide signature --

What does this say about Lightroom? Pretty sad for Adobe if one Apple Engineer is all it takes to keep Adobe busy with upgrades....

-- hide signature --

Mikael

I don't see Adobe having having to worry about a neglected Apple product. Besides, overall Lightrrom is far superior.

That's just an opinion....matters less. It's like kids in the playground...my dad is a Fireman. Now run along and play with your Lighrrrrrrrrom;-)

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
webfrasse
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,773
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to Danny Michael, Jun 28, 2013

Danny Michael wrote:

I must be missing something. I don't see it mention Aperture anywhere. The job title is for a Sr. Image Software Engineer - Photo Apps.

Let me see...what kind of an app is Aperture?

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
WoodWorks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,365
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to webfrasse, Jun 28, 2013

webfrasse wrote:

Danny Michael wrote:

I must be missing something. I don't see it mention Aperture anywhere. The job title is for a Sr. Image Software Engineer - Photo Apps.

Let me see...what kind of an app is Aperture?

Oooh! I know, I know! It's an app just like, wait for it... iPhoto!

David

-- hide signature --

It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows
--Epictetus

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
graybalanced
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,084
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to WoodWorks, Jun 28, 2013

It could very well be for Aperture. At first I wondered if it might be for iPhoto, or the iOS mobile apps, but actually reading the description, it contains all of these important words:

- Advanced (i.e., probably not iPhoto)

- OS X imaging technologies (i.e., not iPhone apps)

"Prior experience optimizing image editing and processing pipelines for use on the largest photo libraries is a strong plus."

Sounds like whatever app this job is for, is not for wimps.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Danny Michael
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to webfrasse, Jun 28, 2013

Maybe if you took the time to read the thread you would see I mentioned it was possible they were looking for some sort of Ps competitor. I didn't say it wasn't for Aperture, just that it might be for something else. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to webfrasse, Jun 28, 2013

webfrasse wrote:

Basalite wrote:

webfrasse wrote:

Stubb wrote:

I figure that one developer has been keeping Aperture alive as a side project during their lunch break the past few years. Maybe they're finally getting a sidekick?

-- hide signature --

What does this say about Lightroom? Pretty sad for Adobe if one Apple Engineer is all it takes to keep Adobe busy with upgrades....

-- hide signature --

Mikael

I don't see Adobe having having to worry about a neglected Apple product. Besides, overall Lightrrom is far superior.

That's just an opinion....matters less. It's like kids in the playground...my dad is a Fireman. Now run along and play with your Lighrrrrrrrrom;-)

-- hide signature --

Mikael

Many tools (some of which do not exist in Aperture) and capabilities in Lightroom are objectively and factually better. Nothing to do with opinions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to Danny Michael, Jun 28, 2013

Danny Michael wrote:

Better yet, maybe they're getting serious about a Photoshop competitor in light of recent events.

That would be great.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
indipix images
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
Re: Aperture job posting
In reply to cygnl7, Jun 29, 2013

How does adobe pay the salaries of all the engineers on the LR team: make a few minor changes, call it a majot upgrade and charge you more to upgrade  than what a new AA costs.

And the LR user interface sucks, mush have been designed by engineers who worked at microsoft, just a clutter of boxes and modules.  Creative people need a much more intutitive interface like mac.

 indipix images's gear list:indipix images's gear list
Nikon D800E
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads