My God, its so hard to decide!

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions
Aaron Sur
Contributing MemberPosts: 885
Like?
Re: My God, its so hard to decide!
In reply to Jimmy jang Boo, Jun 28, 2013

like a cornered dog it barks and snarls with insults,havent had such a good laugh in a long time.

thats the internet for you!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 770Gear list
Like?
In reply to Kirppu, Jun 28, 2013

Kirppu wrote:

I would start with magic trio.

a) Budjet

b) Three must have features (example: O/EVF, stabilation, body size)

c) What is needed performance wise (speed, reach, IQ ...)

-- hide signature --

Hobbyist member

Great order,

I instantly noticed that my order is upside down hence , it comes to conculusion: The Budget. And it makes me fell crazy. Sadness anger... and feeling bad !

Its very realistic route to follow...

Kiitos

ps: Just another reason to admire some "enemy of the budget" camera check this out.

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=754543

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Nokia Lumia 1520 +2 more
Jimmy jang Boo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,231Gear list
Like?
In reply to Kirppu, Jun 29, 2013

Kirppu wrote:

I would start with magic trio...

That's a good place to start. The first question I ask myself is... do I really need yet 'another' camera? In the digital age, the temptation to want another camera is ever present. Unlike film, digital camera specs gets better and better and the innovations are nonstop. Most people who are into photography stay up to date with what's new because it is all very cool and interesting. It's no wonder some of us become gear heads / go through phases of gear acquisition... So if I don't really need a new camera, I may be able to dismiss the temptation.

However, needs can change because you want to explore a different style photography. Say you want to take up street photography but you're not comfortable taking pictures of strangers. You find out from others who have felt same way that having an articulating screen makes things easier. Your current camera doesn't have one, so now that you have determined a perceived need and potential solution, you can figure out your budget and begin that quest for a new camera.

Over the course of time you may end up with a few more cameras than you ever thought you'd own, but if each one can do something you want that the others cannot do, that's okay. If there is overlap, you might want to think about eliminating the redundancy..

Jimmy jang Boo's gear list:Jimmy jang Boo's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1
Aaron Sur
Contributing MemberPosts: 885
Like?
In reply to Ben O Connor, Jun 29, 2013

It's a fabulous image , but fast glass and big sensor aside , you can't tell when weather and location is going to come to the party to give you that amazing shot.

I went to a Henri Cartier Bresson exhibition a while back, In the late 40's he went to India and got an audience with Gandhi  to whom he showed one his books of photographs.

The next day Gandhi was shot dead , and Henri was there to photograph the funeral pyre, and millions of mourners. Sometimes it's just plain luck.

Carlo Sandblow , Great sandy National park, Cooloola

backpackers amass to watch the sunset from Carlo Sandblow!

Aaron

Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,114
Like?
In reply to Ben O Connor, Jun 29, 2013

Ben O Connor wrote:

Do you feel smilar pain as i do nowadays?

Yes.

Remedy: buy more than one camera and buy it on discount, before the "next new thing with incremental changes" gets released.

So the current perfectly-fine product is reduced in price and you snap it up (and can probably afford to).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads