Fujifilm X-E1 Firmware Version 1.06

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,564Gear list
Like?
Re: Quick question
In reply to briny, 10 months ago

briny wrote:

I went from version 1.04 to 1.06 with no problems. I think Fuji just forgot to update that part of the instructions.

Thanks, Haven't read about anyone having problems so I'm sure you're right.

Ed B's gear list:Ed B's gear list
Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 40D Fujifilm X-E1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Resoman
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
Re: Fujifilm X-E1 Firmware Version 1.06

There is a problem with downloading 1.06; I haven't been successful yet.

From the page describing 1.06 I click on the link at the bottom of the page saying "I accept - begin download" and I'm switched to a page for the previous 1.05 upgrade. I tried it anyway but the camera wouldn't upgrade because it's already running 1.05. I've tried several times now and can't get to the proper download. Any ideas?

Gary

Resoman
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
In reply to Resoman, 10 months ago

Could someone who has successfully upgraded to 1.06 tell me the actual filename of the upgrade? The file I've downloaded from the Fuji site is FWUP0001.DAT which is actually the 1.05 upgrade file. Where's the 1.06 hiding?

Gary

Christof21
Contributing MemberPosts: 643
Like?

Resoman wrote:

Could someone who has successfully upgraded to 1.06 tell me the actual filename of the upgrade? The file I've downloaded from the Fuji site is FWUP0001.DAT which is actually the 1.05 upgrade file. Where's the 1.06 hiding?

Gary

I have the same problem

Bobtheamateur
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,374Gear list
Like?
Link Location
 Bobtheamateur's gear list:Bobtheamateur's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +5 more
David McGaughey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,242
Like?
Stupid idea

Are you downloading the new firmware to the same folder as the old firmware? Fuji doesn't have unique names for the files.....so your new firmware file could be filename-01.dat.....

Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,055Gear list
Like?
In reply to Christof21, 10 months ago

Christof21 wrote:

Resoman wrote:

Gary

I have the same problem

All fuji upgrades have the same file name.

Multiple downloads to the same folder may generate a file name change from ....0001.DAT to ...0001-1.DAT

If that happened change the name back to 0001.DAT and copy to a formated card. Place card in camera, hold Disp Button down while Turning On camera. Follow instructions - need to have a near full battery

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Christof21
Contributing MemberPosts: 643
Like?

Resoman wrote:

Gary

I cleared the cache and now the link is pointing to 1.06

Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,423Gear list
Like?
In reply to Vic Chapman, 10 months ago

Yes that minimum shutter speed auto ISO looks the same as the X100s. So the firmware is already there. Hopefully it would be a simple matter of cutting and pasting that firmware code into the XE1/Xpro1's??

Greg.

RJvsGSM
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, 10 months ago

It seems that this firmware version wrote the multi AF mode; it only seems to want to select the center of the frame; try it out.

RichMags
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, 10 months ago

I upgraded mine from 1.04 to 1.06. at first the down selector button feature doesn't work. when i press it the Lock on logo appear on the screen, what does that mean?  then I reset my cam and now it works.

DJF77
Regular MemberPosts: 324Gear list
Like?
In reply to Christof21, 10 months ago

Well i managed to get the update 1.06 in the end... turns out it would only work if transferred directly to my HD card from the fuji website and not via my MAC desktop.

All seems well and good at the moment, the focus button is very helpful... i have noticed one thing though, the return of the ticking aperture blades when moving the camera around! i have only tried the update with my 35mm attached.

Can anyone else confirm this with the 35mm?

John Ellis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072Gear list
Like?
In reply to vicoy, 10 months ago

I am haveing all sorts of problems I never had on prior updates.  I can find the file in downloads as an Internet Explorer file with FWUP001 after the internet symbol.  Clicking on that yields

FWU P001.DAT, but that will not copy, save or install onto my card.

Any ideas?  I have tried this a dozen times.

-- hide signature --

John Ellis

John Ellis's gear list:John Ellis's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,564Gear list
Like?
In reply to John Ellis, 10 months ago

John Ellis wrote:

I am haveing all sorts of problems I never had on prior updates. I can find the file in downloads as an Internet Explorer file with FWUP001 after the internet symbol. Clicking on that yields

FWU P001.DAT, but that will not copy, save or install onto my card.

Any ideas? I have tried this a dozen times.

-- hide signature --

John Ellis

John here's what I did:

Downloaded the file to my hard drive-"My downloads"

Right clicked on the file (properties) to make sure all 36.5MB had downloaded. They had not.

Deleted that file from "My downloads". Went back to the Fuji site and tried again. Second download worked and the complete update had been transferred to my hard drive.

Sounds redundant but because the update instructions said to download the update to your "desktop" I right clicked on the file and sent it to my desktop.

Installed the formatted SD card into my computer, right clicked on the desktop file and copied it to the SD card.

Installed the SD card in the camera. Held the "Disp Back" button while turning on the camera.

Update came right up. Followed the instructions (all you really have to do is push OK a couple of times) and the update installed with no problems.

I'm sure that if I would have tried to install the first download; the one that didn't completely download all 36.5MB, I would have had big problems.

Hope this helps you. Good luck.

Ed B's gear list:Ed B's gear list
Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 40D Fujifilm X-E1
JasonChan
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?

Anyone got the second custom setting button(the down selector) working? 
No matter what I set when I press the down selector it shows a lock icon (with ON text).

And I found the MACRO button not working anymore , it show the lock icon as well.

Im using 18-55mm lens.

JasonChan
Like?
In reply to JasonChan, 10 months ago

´╝ęgot it....long press the Menu key will lock/unlock the button...

vicoy
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
In reply to JasonChan, 10 months ago

This firmware update with even just the ability to change focus points with one hand by enabling the Fn button is already significant for me and made my task of selecting focus points faster rather than clumsily pushing buttons with two hands whilst the camera is smack right in front of your face.

briny
Regular MemberPosts: 270Gear list
Like?

vicoy wrote:

This firmware update with even just the ability to change focus points with one hand by enabling the Fn button is already significant for me and made my task of selecting focus points faster rather than clumsily pushing buttons with two hands whilst the camera is smack right in front of your face.

I'm using the default down arrow button for this function. Such a small change - such a big improvement.

e268
Senior MemberPosts: 1,162
Like?

I focus on the subject, press the AF/AE lock button, and reframe and shoot.  It seems it achieves the same purpose of changing the focus point.  Am I mistaken?

trond_was_trondeh
Like?
In reply to e268, 10 months ago

e268 wrote:

I focus on the subject, press the AF/AE lock button, and reframe and shoot. It seems it achieves the same purpose of changing the focus point. Am I mistaken?

Well, most of the time this is OK and an approach I have used myself for years. However, I have come to realize that for lenses such as the 35/1.4, the DOF can be so narrow that focus and recompose gives worse result than using the point focus. I assume this can also be caused by the lens curvature not being entirely flat?

The small but important added feature was something I really missed on my X-E1. Now, if they only add the possibility to set the lowest shutter speed on auto ISO......

-- hide signature --

-
Trond

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads