Fujifilm X-E1 Firmware Version 1.06

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions
vicoy
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
Fujifilm X-E1 Firmware Version 1.06
Jun 25, 2013

Just got this in my inbox.

The significant thing is the ability to use the XF27mm F2.8 and XC16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS lenses which do not have aperture rings.

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xe1/index.html

The firmware update Ver.1.06 from Ver.1.05 incorporates the following issue

• 1.Operability is improved to change settings easier and quicker by "single-hand".In the "Fn BUTTON" on the SHOOTING MENU, selection of "Fn BUTTON" or "▼SELECTOR" is added. The default setting of the added Fn function (No.2) is "Focus Frame Selection".
    • (1)"Focus Frame Selection" option is added to "Fn" (function) button.
    • (2)One more "Fn" function (No.2) is added to the down key of the "Selector".
  • 2.Function to enable "Command dial" to control aperture setting for XF lens without an aperture ring is added. This function is for the XF27mmF2.8 and XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS which don't have an aperture ring. On the Shooting Mode, "APERTURE SETTING" is added and one of "AUTO+MANUAL", "AUTO" and "MANUAL" can be selected.
    For detail of how to operate, please refer to the operation manual "Before Using This Product" bundled with above lenses.
  • <Note> The "APERTURE SETTING" will be newly appeared, but it is not selectable unless either XF27mmF2.8 or XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS is attached to a camera.
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
HB1969
Regular MemberPosts: 351Gear list
Like?
Re: Fujifilm X-E1 Firmware Version 1.06
In reply to vicoy, Jun 25, 2013

I'll be waiting for version 2.0 which is due at the end of July that promises fast AF speeds for all lenses and focus peaking (hooray).

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/06/25/fujifilm-updates-x-pro1-and-x-e1-firmware-for-compatibilty-with-lenses-without-aperture-rings

I don't know why they've done it this way. Why not just release version 2.0 now...unless they haven't actually finished testing it yet.

HB1969's gear list:HB1969's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,734Gear list
Like?
In reply to HB1969, Jun 25, 2013

It also adds the fn button to show the select focus point so you can do that with the right hand only. Also enables the down key to be a 2nd function button.

Its kind of handy for that alone.

Greg.

nidzo
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?

this is great news...i really like possibility to change focus point like that ...now when they promise already next update for manual focus peaking ....only one thing left auto iso option, i would like to choose  lowest shutter speed by self  ...

i really like this update ..

and thanks to fuji...

fuji is the best

Phil Levy
Contributing MemberPosts: 588Gear list
Like?
Quick question

I gave that last update a miss - can I go straight to this one or do they have to be flashed sequentially?

-- hide signature --

www.phillevy.co.uk

Phil Levy's gear list:Phil Levy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +12 more
nidzo
Like?
Re: Quick question
In reply to Phil Levy, Jun 25, 2013

i did like that,no problems in mi case...

nidzo
Like?
In reply to nidzo, Jun 25, 2013

direct to newest one ...

HB1969
Like?

Phil Levy wrote:

I gave that last update a miss - can I go straight to this one or do they have to be flashed sequentially?

-- hide signature --

www.phillevy.co.uk

If they needed to be done sequentially then all the previous versions of the FW would be available on fujis website. Only the latest is available so my guess is that you can miss updates and go straight to the latest. At least I'm hoping that this is correct because I'll be updating with v2.0 which means I'll have missed 2 updates.

Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Phil Levy
Contributing MemberPosts: 588Gear list
Like?
In reply to HB1969, Jun 25, 2013

Makes sense - i wasn't aware previous versions weren't listed.

-- hide signature --

www.phillevy.co.uk

Phil Levy's gear list:Phil Levy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +12 more
NJOW
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?

The patches are cumulative, i.e each one incorporates all the previous updates as well, so you have no worry

HB1969
Like?

somewhere on the fuji site it says that you can't restore a previous FW once you've updated to the current version. I guess by only providing the latest it stops people trying.

The camera might self-distruct "Get Smart" style

DJF77
Regular MemberPosts: 385Gear list
Like?
In reply to NJOW, Jun 25, 2013

Anyone else having trouble installing firmware 1.06 for the XE1 ?

i have downloaded the update and transfered it to my memory card as i always do, but i just get the message - New firmware not be found -  ??

i have firmware 1.05 already installed and didn't have any trouble putting that on my camera!

57LowRider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,707Gear list
Like?

Does any other camera company go to such lengths to continuously improve a product line with updates? My Canon 7D-owning friend is green with envy, any unlocked good stuff is only available for him via a 3rd-party patch. We're a bit pampered, you know.

57LowRider's gear list:57LowRider's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
briny
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
In reply to DJF77, Jun 25, 2013

DJF77 wrote:

i have downloaded the update and transfered it to my memory card as i always do, but i just get the message - New firmware not be found - ??

i have firmware 1.05 already installed and didn't have any trouble putting that on my camera!

No problems here, but I did have to do a hard refresh on Fuji's update page to get version 1.06 to show up. Are you sure you downloaded 1.06?

briny's gear list:briny's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
DJF77
Regular MemberPosts: 385Gear list
Like?
In reply to briny, Jun 25, 2013

Yeah its definitely 1.06 - I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.

fhorn1
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
In reply to 57LowRider, Jun 25, 2013

Ricoh - and they have gone much further including electronic shutter mode(totally silent). Fuji are just getting the camera where it should have been on release.

fhorn1's gear list:fhorn1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M-E Typ 220 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM +1 more
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,200
Like?
In reply to DJF77, Jun 25, 2013

DJF77 wrote:

i have downloaded the update and transfered it to my memory card as i always do, but i just get the message - New firmware not be found - ??

I've downloaded 1.06 to my desktop but haven't tried to install it yet because of this statement in the download procedures:

"Prepare the target digital camera.

• X-E1 (Version 1.03 or former)"

I didn't install 1.05 so my camera is firmware version 1.04 and doesn't fit the  "version 1.03 or former" requirement.

Maybe I'm just interpreting this wrong and easily confused but I'd hate to screw something up (my camera) that's not broken.

briny
Like?
In reply to fhorn1, Jun 25, 2013

fhorn1 wrote:

Ricoh - and they have gone much further including electronic shutter mode(totally silent). Fuji are just getting the camera where it should have been on release.

Perhaps. Better late than never, though.

Fujifilm X-T1
briny
Like?
In reply to Ed B, Jun 25, 2013

I went from version 1.04 to 1.06 with no problems. I think Fuji just forgot to update that part of the instructions.

Fujifilm X-T1
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,243Gear list
Like?
In reply to nidzo, Jun 25, 2013

nidzo wrote:

this is great news...i really like possibility to change focus point like that ...now when they promise already next update for manual focus peaking ....only one thing left auto iso option, i would like to choose lowest shutter speed by self ...

i really like this update ..

and thanks to fuji...

fuji is the best

It may be that we get that in the firmware update. Checkout this specifications of the new XM1:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_m1/features/page_04.html

Scroll down just over halfway to ISO sensitivity.

Note the min shutter speed, also it seems base ISO is 100.

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads