New 50-200mm Telephoto Zoom Lens NX System on $149 (USA) - Half Off!

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions
johnznyc
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
New 50-200mm Telephoto Zoom Lens NX System on $149 (USA) - Half Off!
Jun 25, 2013

http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras-accessories/EX-T50200IB/US

Be careful as the older non-iFunction 50-200mm lens is also on sale.  I made the mistake of ordering that lens -- only after did I see the new model.

Get this, Samsung customer service told me that they could not change the order.  I need to return it for credit and purchase the new model separately.  

I wish a longer lens was on such a sale, but at $149 this is a good addition to the kit.

psperl
Regular MemberPosts: 129Gear list
Like?
Re: New 50-200mm Telephoto Zoom Lens NX System on $149 (USA) - Half Off!
In reply to johnznyc, Jun 25, 2013

The website says $149, but I don't see it actually for sale at that price

psperl's gear list:psperl's gear list
Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
johnznyc
Like?
In reply to psperl, Jun 25, 2013

psperl wrote:

The website says $149, but I don't see it actually for sale at that price

I see what you mean.  I just returned the non-iFunction one that I accidentally ordered.  Samsung should receive the return Thursday, so I will be giving them a call on Friday.

timedrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 683Gear list
Like?

The non-ifunction version is optically identical, and, afaik has a more usefull arrangement of on-lens buttons. Although I stand to be corrected on this but I think the i-function lens is without an ois button. In any case its a bargain imo.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

timedrun's gear list:timedrun's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
paulhome
Contributing MemberPosts: 833Gear list
Like?
In reply to timedrun, Jun 25, 2013

thought i would check out the uk samsung shop. http://www.samsungdirect.com/uk/products/camera/smart-cameras

not surprising they don't sell well

paulhome's gear list:paulhome's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
timedrun
Like?
In reply to paulhome, Jun 25, 2013

I dont understand the relevance of your link. But it is very unusual for a manufacturer to discount their own products on their own website. This is a list price, i.e. a price from which their resellers discount from. Perfectly normal. Unless I am missing your point entirely.

-- hide signature --

Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
SteveEverett
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Difference in the two lenses?

I'm not sure I understand the difference in the two 50-200 lenses. What does the second version have that the first doesn't? Not sure which version I have, I don't see ii anywhere on the box or lens so guess I have the original version.

Just noticed that B&H has EX-T50200IB/US discontinued and EX-T50200CSBUS is $349. Both listed as 50-200mm OIS ii. Anyone know the difference in those two lenses?

SteveEverett's gear list:SteveEverett's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Samsung NX30 Sony a6000
Rino
Regular MemberPosts: 163
Like?
Re: WOW!
In reply to timedrun, Jun 26, 2013

NO you don't missed any and there is NO retailer store selling it for $149 at this moment. B&H said "This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available".

Lens for NX in 4 pages

Rino
Regular MemberPosts: 163
Like?
In reply to timedrun, Jun 26, 2013
johnznyc
Like?
Re: Difference in the two lenses?
In reply to SteveEverett, Jun 26, 2013

SteveEverett wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the difference in the two 50-200 lenses. What does the second version have that the first doesn't? Not sure which version I have, I don't see ii anywhere on the box or lens so guess I have the original version.

Just noticed that B&H has EX-T50200IB/US discontinued and EX-T50200CSBUS is $349. Both listed as 50-200mm OIS ii. Anyone know the difference in those two lenses?

Specs for the "New! 50-200mm Telephoto Zoom Lens" listed at $149 but without a shopping cart link:

• Lens Name: Samsung 50 - 200mm F4 - 5.6 ED OIS II
• Focus Length: 50 - 200mm (equivalent to 77 - 308mm in 35mm format)
• Elements in Groups: 17 elements in 13 groups (2 Extra-low Dispersion lens included)
• Angle of View: 31.4° - 8.0°
• Aperture: F4 - 5.6 (Min.F22), (Number of Blades : 7, Circular Aperture Diaphragm)
• Mount Type: Samsung NX Mount
• Optical Image Stabilizer: Yes
• Minimum Focus Distance: 0.98m ~ ∞
• Maximum Magnification: Approx. 0.2x
• i-Scene Mode: Supported (Beauty Shot, Portrait, Children, Backlight, Sports)
• Lens Hood: Included
• Filter Size: 52mm
• Max.Diameter x Length: 70 x 100.5mm
• Weight: Approx.417g (without hood)
• Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 40°C
• Operating Humidity: 5 ~ 85%

Is does have OIS:

Optical Image Stabilizer for clear, sharp images

Create beautiful images that move you, even if you jostle the camera. The 18-55mm zoom lens comes equipped with lens-shift optical image-stabilizing technology. Samsung’s optical image stabilizer uses tiny lens-shifts to cancel out motion blur, even in low exposure shots. And since the image is being stabilized externally in the lens, what you see through the viewfinder — and on the display — is perfectly clear.

It appears to have the same specs as the previous model with the iFunction switch.

Now, on Samsung's site, both have a discounted price but no link to Samsung's shopping cart.

timedrun
Like?
In reply to SteveEverett, Jun 26, 2013

SteveEverett wrote:

Just noticed that B&H has EX-T50200IB/US discontinued and EX-T50200CSBUS is $349. Both listed as 50-200mm OIS ii. Anyone know the difference in those two lenses?

They are optically identical afaik. The mk 1 has an ois switch, the mk2 has an i-function button. The prioritising of these lies entirely with the photographer. One is not objectively better than the other. I prefer an OIS switch on a lens like this as I only use IS on longer lenses, and like direct access,, but others could prefer access to, say, digital zoom. No problem.

-- hide signature --

johnznyc
Like?
In reply to timedrun, Jun 27, 2013

timedrun wrote:

SteveEverett wrote:

They are optically identical afaik. The mk 1 has an ois switch, the mk2 has an i-function button. The prioritising of these lies entirely with the photographer. One is not objectively better than the other. I prefer an OIS switch on a lens like this as I only use IS on longer lenses, and like direct access,, but others could prefer access to, say, digital zoom. No problem.

-- hide signature --

I agree now that I looked closer at both.  Too bad OIS on/off is not and iFunction option.  It should be...

johnznyc
Like?
In reply to johnznyc, Jun 27, 2013

This morning, I spoke with Samsung and was told that if an item has no shopping cart button this simply means the item is not in stock at the warehouse and to check back for availability.

ProfessorJohn
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
In reply to johnznyc, Jun 29, 2013

For a few hours, the "Shop" button was replaced by the "Add to Cart" button, and my wife ordered the lens. After she entered all the required info (credit card number included) and the sale was being finalized, she was notified that her cart was empty, and the "Shop" button returned. I contacted Samsung and was told that they are out of stock but will be back in stock in about 2 weeks.

nedkelly
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to ProfessorJohn, Jul 8, 2013

The Samsung web has the 50-200mm zooms back in stock so you can buy from the site (good explanation in an earlier post). Unfortunately when I just checked, the promo prices are no longer there. That was a short promo, I should have posted sooner (but I do have one on order).

DavinaG
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
In reply to nedkelly, Jul 30, 2013

Deal is back online!  Ordered just now.

-- hide signature --

Hugs,
Davina

DavinaG's gear list:DavinaG's gear list
Olympus E-30 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +6 more
nx200USER1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,048
Like?
In reply to DavinaG, Jul 30, 2013

jees, that is an almost giveaway price!

areichow
Senior MemberPosts: 1,473Gear list
Like?
In reply to nx200USER1, Jul 30, 2013

I've been meaning to say- I saw this price at Best Buy as well, in stoore. It was OIS II, not sure if that's the new or old version.

areichow's gear list:areichow's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD1000 Sony RX100 NEX5R Sony Alpha 7
PhoGa
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
In reply to DavinaG, Jul 31, 2013

Deal is back online!  Ordered just now.

-- hide signature --

Hugs,
Davina

Thanks for posting. At that price, and although I'll probably not even use it that much, I couldn't resist.

DavinaG
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
In reply to areichow, Jul 31, 2013

It is OIS but has no iFunction button.  I can live without that.  Has an OIS switch and a MF switch.  Optically identical to the new lens.

-- hide signature --

Hugs,
Davina

DavinaG's gear list:DavinaG's gear list
Olympus E-30 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads