sx40

Started Jun 23, 2013 | Questions
lonfrankphoto
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
sx40
Jun 23, 2013

i'v had it for almost a year.  do not like the lag time after taking pic.  wonder if the sx50 addressed this???

lonfrankphoto's gear list:lonfrankphoto's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
j2l3m7
Senior MemberPosts: 3,504Gear list
Like?
Re: sx40
In reply to lonfrankphoto, Jun 23, 2013

I have the Canon SX40 HS and the Canon SX50 HS.  Do you any examples of how the lag time in your SX40 HS failed you? Please post them.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for posting, have a great day.
John

j2l3m7's gear list:j2l3m7's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Hossam Saad ElDin Abd Alhalim Farg
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,219Gear list
Like?
In reply to lonfrankphoto, Jun 23, 2013

lonfrankphoto wrote:

i'v had it for almost a year. do not like the lag time after taking pic. wonder if the sx50 addressed this???

for SX50 there are no any lag in sunny time shot, but in low light (like party) get a bit lag But not significantly.

you will see clear lag in a long exposure shots, like 15sec, or with CHDK set tha exposure at 1 or 2 moment

Hossam Saad ElDin Abd Alhalim Farg's gear list:Hossam Saad ElDin Abd Alhalim Farg's gear list
Kodak DX7590 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
lonfrankphoto
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
In reply to j2l3m7, Jun 26, 2013

j2l3m7 wrote:

I have the Canon SX40 HS and the Canon SX50 HS. Do you any examples of how the lag time in your SX40 HS failed you? Please post them.

-- hide signature --

John

john,  i wonder if we are on the same page???!!!  you ask: "examples of how lag time failed me"??

here's my problem:  compose the photo, than take it.  than there is a 2-3 second delay/lag time before it comes up on screen or in viewfinder.

by the way by calling canon they will send you the 150page manuel.  maybe i should refer to it & see if i can turn off this screen showing the last pic taken which is when the lag occurs. thank, lonfrankphoto.

lonfrankphoto's gear list:lonfrankphoto's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1
Globemstr3
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
In reply to Hossam Saad ElDin Abd Alhalim Farg, Jun 26, 2013

At First I too was disappointed with I thought shutter lag. Now it hardly bothers me at all except when shooting HDR w/CHDK.I probably tend to take a shot tough and then recompose. I used to get a busy signal but Ive found with low level formatting of my card and using the EV I really dont notice it anymore. If that helps at all.

Mark

Globemstr3's gear list:Globemstr3's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Nikon D3100
j2l3m7
Senior MemberPosts: 3,504Gear list
Like?
In reply to lonfrankphoto, Jun 26, 2013

gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300005730/01/pssx40hs-cug-c-en-web.pdf

You can download the manual at that site.

What you called lag time is not lag time.

If you bought your camera at a local camera store, you need to go back and get help. If you did not buy the camera from a local camera store, you should have, so they could assist you.  In learning to enjoy your camera.

-- hide signature --

John

j2l3m7's gear list:j2l3m7's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +18 more
Alton (TN)
Senior MemberPosts: 1,002
Like?
In reply to lonfrankphoto, Jun 27, 2013

The SX40, and probably most all EVF cameras, are slow if you are used to shooting with an Optical viewfinder camera like most DSLRs. However, it is just noticeable, not a a big deal once you get used to shooting with the SX40 (or 50).

I assume you are talking about focus lag time in the above paragraph. If you are talking about lag time between pressing the shutter release and when the picture is taken, I don't notice that in my copies.

I use the 7D and 5DIII. I bought my SX50 after I bought them and after owning the SX40 already knowing the limitations and advantages of an EVF camera. The SX40 (50) superzooms are welcome additions for me when I use them in situations suitable to them. BIF for example are pretty much out of the question. But most wildlife still shots are excellent.

Also, I find myself using the Macro mode when I need a quick hand-held shot.

Bluebird Nestlings

It is a great multipurpose camera and the more you use it the better it gets.

-- hide signature --

Alton

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads