My Flickr Pics

Stormy Weather

miketuthill
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,020Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone Jump On The Adobe CS Cloud?
In reply to fotophool, Jun 15, 2013
 miketuthill's gear list:miketuthill's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Antioch
Senior MemberPosts: 1,836
Like?
In reply to fotophool, Jun 15, 2013

fotophool wrote:

My Flickr Pics

Stormy Weather

There is no time limit to join photoshop cloud at $ 9.99 per month, hence no immediacy.

There is no time limit to upgrade to Photoshop CS6, so no immediacy there either.

Pretty soon, we will know whether Adobe marketing plan is a success or failure.

daishi
Regular MemberPosts: 268
Like?
In reply to fotophool, Jun 16, 2013

Been using it for the last 8-12 months or so, no complaints. All the moaning on the net about CS cloud is really getting old.

I'm more worried about google discontinuing support for Nik in photoshop and coming out with a google apps only version of photoshop than I am against anything Adobe is doing. You don't really hear about people who are using CS cloud complain because we are happy with the service.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to daishi, Jun 16, 2013

daishi wrote:

Been using it for the last 8-12 months or so, no complaints. All the moaning on the net about CS cloud is really getting old.

I'm more worried about google discontinuing support for Nik in photoshop and coming out with a google apps only version of photoshop than I am against anything Adobe is doing. You don't really hear about people who are using CS cloud complain because we are happy with the service.

Overpriced so not interested in it.  Good bye Adobe.

It's hilarious that the reason why Adobe is forcing people to rent their software instead of buy it is because Adobe simply cannot innovate anymore.  Just listen to the number of people who say CS6 offers them nothing and the proposed CC version is so light on new features, that it is not worth upgrading to.

Meanwhile Adobe claims CC will allow them to improve the software more often, rather than by a 2 year schedule.

Something does not compute!  What are these great, mythical Adobe innovations that have been missing the past many years?

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +9 more
Carey Brown
Contributing MemberPosts: 742Gear list
Like?
In reply to daishi, Jun 16, 2013

daishi wrote:

As long as you KEEP using it (and paying for it), no problem. The problem only appears when you stop paying for it - software is then GONE, GONE, GONE.

Carey Brown's gear list:Carey Brown's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +9 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to Carey Brown, Jun 16, 2013

Carey Brown wrote:

daishi wrote:

As long as you KEEP using it (and paying for it), no problem. The problem only appears when you stop paying for it - software is then GONE, GONE, GONE.

Along with your money!

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm FinePix X100 +9 more
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?

No, and I won't.

-- hide signature --

Judy

JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +7 more
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,220Gear list
Like?
In reply to JudyN, Jun 16, 2013

Not upgrading til there is something I need. that I can't do with other programs.

-- hide signature --

Gary Dean Mercer Clark

Gary Dean Mercer Clark's gear list:Gary Dean Mercer Clark's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +7 more
BuddyJPA
Regular MemberPosts: 449
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Jun 16, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

It's hilarious that the reason why Adobe is forcing people to rent their software instead of buy it is because Adobe simply cannot innovate anymore. Just listen to the number of people who say CS6 offers them nothing and the proposed CC version is so light on new features, that it is not worth upgrading to.

Also to stop thefts from torrents and other illegal distribution venues.

Daisy AU
Senior MemberPosts: 1,561Gear list
Like?
In reply to JudyN, Jun 16, 2013

JudyN wrote:

No, and I won't.

-- hide signature --

Judy

+10

-- hide signature --
 Daisy AU's gear list:Daisy AU's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Abrak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,474
Like?
In reply to Daisy AU, Jun 16, 2013

Yes I have bought into Adobe PS CC. Perhaps there will be more people joining after tomorrow when Adobe actually launches Photoshop CC with its improved features.

Personally I dont think subscription is going to make an ounce of difference to the amount of piracy of their product. I suspect that a piracy version of Photoshop CC will be available within two weeks. This should keep the majority of users - who like the product but dont like paying for it - happy.

edhannon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,300Gear list
Like?
No - got LR 5 and keeping CS4 (nt)
-- hide signature --
 edhannon's gear list:edhannon's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Pentax K10D
Dheorl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,602Gear list
Like?
Have had it for ages.

I got it with a student discount at £15pcm for the entire creative suite, which would have cost a stupid amount to buy individually.

By the time the subscriptions have added up to the total cost it will be well over 5 years from now, by which point I'll probably want to change/upgrade anyway. This way I save money and get all the upgrades along the way.

N.B. I still use my own proper copy of lightroom because whereas if I suddenly loose photoshop etc theres no real problem, I'd rather not suddenly loose lightroom.

Leon Wittwer
Forum ProPosts: 12,866
Like?
I likely will at some point (nt)
Barry Margolius
Senior MemberPosts: 1,593
Like?
In reply to Antioch, Jun 16, 2013

I believe there is a time limit. The discount offer expires on July 31.

The is a quote from:

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2013/05/answering-your-questions-about-photoshop-cc.html

=========================================================

A: A Creative Cloud single-app membership is available at a special introductory price of $9.99 per month (with an annual commitment) for our loyal customers who currently own Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5 or CS6. Offer available until July 31st, 2013 (terms and conditions).

=========================================================

mjack101
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?

I have and I like your pictorial representation, shows that it's a lot drier in the cloud than on the ground.

Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 15,320Gear list
Like?
No...

...and I'm not going to.  I'll use CS4 for 1) as long as it has features I need or 2) I upgrade my workstation and CS4 no longer works or I can't re-enable it.  Once either of these occurs, I'll find an alternative.  In the meantime, however, I use LR for 95% of my conversions.

Mark

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads