45mm f1.8 for $200 in Canada only

Started Jun 14, 2013 | Discussions
BrendanSeabrook
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
Still waiting, but that's OK.
In reply to Timmbits, Jul 10, 2013

In no rush. If I was in a rush I would have only bought in stock from elsewhere.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
johnznyc
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
Re: 45mm f1.8 for $200 in Canada only
In reply to BrendanSeabrook, Jul 10, 2013

Buy it quickly as Samsung offers don't last.

BrendanSeabrook
Like?
In reply to johnznyc, Jul 10, 2013

The 2d version is well and truly back to normal price of 400 cad but the 3d version, which is listed as pre-order, is still discounted to 300 cad.
Given how slow Samsung is at distribution though, be prepared to wait.

Troutguy
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
In reply to SteveEverett, Jul 12, 2013

SteveEverett wrote:

Timmbits wrote:

BrendanSeabrook wrote:

Henry's in Canada is currently having a 100 off every Samsung lens. They don't have their first shipment of lenses in yet but you can pre-order the 45 for 200.

They haven't responded to my request for a status update on my order.

Has anyone else received any news?

When I ordered on June 14th they said ship in 7-10 days. When I followed up on June 24th they said three more weeks. I'll never order from these scammers again. B&H and Newegg for me.

yes, Henrys is a bunch of shysters. In the adds they show a photo of 18-55 series III but the kit lens they will send is series II, that's just false advertising, imo.

PDM
PDM
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,079
Like?
In reply to Troutguy, Jul 16, 2013

I ordered from Henry's on the day of the original post. Today I just received notice that my Paypal payment (that was pending) has been returned to my account. It looks like Henry's did not come through on the deal. I won't be paying attention to any more "deals" from Henry's.

SteveEverett
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
In reply to PDM, Jul 16, 2013

PDM wrote:

I ordered from Henry's on the day of the original post. Today I just received notice that my Paypal payment (that was pending) has been returned to my account. It looks like Henry's did not come through on the deal. I won't be paying attention to any more "deals" from Henry's.

Thanks for posting. I'm subscribed to updates on this post. Just checked my paypal on this order and it is listed as "expired". "Authorization for this payment has expired. Contact the merchant for more information".

supeyugin1
Regular MemberPosts: 333Gear list
Like?
In reply to PDM, Jul 16, 2013

Paypal authorization automatically expires after one month. Henry's will ask for new authorization when they'll have the lens in stock. Happened to me before (with Henry's).

supeyugin1's gear list:supeyugin1's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100 Samsung NX20 Pentax Q7 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +17 more
Troutguy
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
In reply to supeyugin1, Jul 16, 2013

.......... you guys know what happens next right?

.......... you will get an email from Henrys, stating that the lens are now in stock, but, at $100 more than you thought they were, lol, shysters.

lol101
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,062Gear list
Like?
Any relevant optical differences between 2D and 3D versions?
In reply to BrendanSeabrook, Jul 16, 2013

I just bought the 2D only version for a reasonable price (€225) but couldn't quite find what were the differences in optics between the 2D/3D and the 2D versions.  Anyone?

lol101's gear list:lol101's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 1000D Samsung NX1000 Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 +10 more
supeyugin1
Regular MemberPosts: 333Gear list
Like?
In reply to Troutguy, Jul 16, 2013

Troutguy wrote:

.......... you guys know what happens next right?

.......... you will get an email from Henrys, stating that the lens are now in stock, but, at $100 more than you thought they were, lol, shysters.

Will never happen. Henry's always honors their price. Once they sent me $1200 worth of lenses while paypal authorization expired. Received the lenses, then made a new paypal authorization.

supeyugin1's gear list:supeyugin1's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100 Samsung NX20 Pentax Q7 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +17 more
BrendanSeabrook
Like?
In reply to BrendanSeabrook, Jul 25, 2013

Just got mine today. Hope you all get yours soon.
Such a good lens for 200CAD.

SteveEverett
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Henry's kept their word!! Great company
In reply to SteveEverett, Aug 2, 2013

This was my first order from Henry's and doubted them for a while but six weeks later they have issued me another invoice at the same price for the 45mm. I wish I could delete a couple of not so positive posts here but dp won't let me. Buy with confidence from them.

Timmbits
Contributing MemberPosts: 554Gear list
Like?
Re: correction: use ephotozine.com or photozone.de for MTF if not found on DPR
In reply to viking79, Aug 11, 2013

oh God!  I feel like such a nooB sometimes!

forgive my ignorance.

Timmbits's gear list:Timmbits's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 Samyang Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS +4 more
atarget
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?
In reply to SteveEverett, Aug 16, 2013

Now it's $249 I think at B&H Photo ( free shipping. no tax)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=916134&is=REG&Q=&A=details

I'm  contemplating buying it. Even though I have Samsung 30mm  pancake and  Rokinon  35mm f/1.4  ( for Pentax but I use it on my nx1000 w/PK-NX adapter).

Timmbits
Contributing MemberPosts: 554Gear list
Like?
In reply to atarget, Aug 20, 2013

atarget wrote:

Now it's $249 I think at B&H Photo ( free shipping. no tax)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=916134&is=REG&Q=&A=details

I'm contemplating buying it. Even though I have Samsung 30mm pancake and Rokinon 35mm f/1.4 ( for Pentax but I use it on my nx1000 w/PK-NX adapter).

How do you like your 35mm f1.4?

I've received my 45mm f1.8, and found that the DoF is so shallow wide open, that I no longer use my Minolta 50mm f1.4 - why bother right?

But I am curious to know, how are you liking your 35mm f1.4?  I wouldn't mind having something brighter and better than the Samsung 30mm f2 (but not quite as narrow as the 45mm)

Timmbits's gear list:Timmbits's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 Samyang Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads