A New d7100 Battery Grip (Commentary & Pictures)

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions
airrphoto
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
A New d7100 Battery Grip (Commentary & Pictures)
Jun 12, 2013

Just received my new Pixel Vertax D15 and absolutely love it. All controls run as they should, not reversed like the Meike or maybe the Xit XTNG7100. Build quality is a bit heavy and grippe unlike my Zeikos D90 grip which is made of very thin plastic. A note to the battery use/drain in storage mode is only one percent in one day.

I wish the Pixel website would show the camera attached to their grip instead of Nikon's actual product which I feel is very misleading, E-mailed them and received a quick reply but nothing as been changed on the website

Here are some pic's.....

If you have some further comments or pictures of other battery grips (attached to the d7100), please feel to share...Darryl

Nikon D1 Nikon D7100 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
thomo
Contributing MemberPosts: 948Gear list
Like?
Re: A New d7100 Battery Grip (Commentary & Pictures)
In reply to airrphoto, Jun 13, 2013

It looks good. I just picked up my genuine Nikon unit yesterday. Does yours have a metal plate inside (attached to the tripod socket) that extends the length of the grip?

thomo's gear list:thomo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Df +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nimec
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
In reply to thomo, Jun 13, 2013

I have one on order.  Glad to hear you like it.

Thank's for the pics and info.

airrphoto
Like?
In reply to thomo, Jun 14, 2013

Yes the metal plate runs down the center of the grip and is attached to the tripod socket.

thomo wrote:

It looks good. I just picked up my genuine Nikon unit yesterday. Does yours have a metal plate inside (attached to the tripod socket) that extends the length of the grip?

Darryl

Anada
Senior MemberPosts: 1,495Gear list
Like?
In reply to airrphoto, Jun 14, 2013

Hey, I do have the Meike, and it works Just as it should! Nothing reverse!!!!

Antti

Anada's gear list:Anada's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Nikon D300 Nikon D7100
fasst
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
In reply to Anada, Jun 14, 2013

Meike here too.  But for new buyers of a third party grip take a look at DSTE Battery Grip BG-2N. Looks, from the pictures, more like the original with lesser diamenter of the tightening wheel and with the same placement.

gepe
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
In reply to airrphoto, Jun 15, 2013

I am interested in getting a battery grip for my D7100.

Could I ask, is the Nikon one made of plastic reinforced with the metal strip you refer too. Ors is it made of magnesium alloy as I have understood from previous threads on this subject?

The reason I ask is because I have a battery grip for my Pentax K5 which I find is not stable enough to support the camera when tripod mounted. There is some movement between the body and the grip which when trying to get a stable platform for longer mirror up exposures I am sure does not help.

I know, remove the grip before mounting on a tripod.

But sometimes when out shooting macro work i like to use the battery grip for better balance and a steadier hold for delicate hand held shots. But then I may want to take the next shot on the tripod..hence my concern!

The Pentax own grip is only plastic.

-- hide signature --

gepe

gepe's gear list:gepe's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +1 more
David A. Hamments
Senior MemberPosts: 1,251Gear list
Like?
D7100 Battery Grip - ??? Chinese Knock-Off
In reply to airrphoto, Jun 15, 2013
 David A. Hamments's gear list:David A. Hamments's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +16 more
cosmerodrigues
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 Battery Grip - ??? Chinese Knock-Off
In reply to David A. Hamments, Jun 15, 2013

David A. Hamments wrote:

What do you think of this one....

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nikon-MB-D15-Battery-Holder-Grip-for-D7100-DSLR-EN-EL15-5-Years-Warranty-/221239559546?pt=US_Camera_Battery_Grips&hash=item3382e7c57a&_uhb=1

Nikon packaging etc..... ???? Chinese knock-off ?????

Cheers, D. Hamments
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/

Shipping is more expensive then the grip...maybe it's delivered by Santa Claus helped by some Lapland girls...

-- hide signature --

Sorry for the bad English.
Greetings from Portugal,
Current equipment:
Compact: Nikon P300
DSLR: Nikon D90 + Nikon D50
+ Other stuff

cosmerodrigues's gear list:cosmerodrigues's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Nikon Coolpix P300 Nikon Coolpix S30 Nikon D50 Nikon D90 +10 more
airrphoto
Like?
In reply to cosmerodrigues, Jun 16, 2013

Looks like: Too good to be true or buyer beware...$49.99 for a true Nikon grip...hummmmmmm

cosmerodrigues wrote:

David A. Hamments wrote:

What do you think of this one....

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nikon-MB-D15-Battery-Holder-Grip-for-D7100-DSLR-EN-EL15-5-Years-Warranty-/221239559546?pt=US_Camera_Battery_Grips&hash=item3382e7c57a&_uhb=1

Nikon packaging etc..... ???? Chinese knock-off ?????

Cheers, D. Hamments
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhamments2013/

Shipping is more expensive then the grip...maybe it's delivered by Santa Claus helped by some Lapland girls...

-- hide signature --

Sorry for the bad English.
Greetings from Portugal,
Current equipment:
Compact: Nikon P300
DSLR: Nikon D90 + Nikon D50
+ Other stuff

I really want to know what's in box...Darryl

dabgergo
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
In reply to airrphoto, Aug 21, 2013

Guys I need some help...
I purchased a "Pixel Pro Vertax Battery Grip for Nikon D7100" in May 2013 and in the first month everything was fine.
But after some use the "Shutter release button" and the "Multi selector" stopped working. I took the whole grip off from the D7100 body, and then took it back and the buttons were good again. But it didn't last too long: last saturday I shot a wedding and the above mentioned buttons stopped working again! Although I took off the whole grip again and took it back, it didnt want to work. I tried it several times but still nothing... But the body can use the battery which is placed in the grip, and the grip fits well, so I dont know where the problem is.

And now comes the worst: currently I can't take off the grip bacause the "ring" was pulled too hard, and I can't turn it back. Ohhh please help, any idea how to take it off? (Then I may can send it back to the UK.)

dabgergo's gear list:dabgergo's gear list
Nikon D7100
evan47
Contributing MemberPosts: 694Gear list
Like?
In reply to dabgergo, Aug 21, 2013

dabgergo wrote:

Guys I need some help...
I purchased a "Pixel Pro Vertax Battery Grip for Nikon D7100" in May 2013 and in the first month everything was fine.
But after some use the "Shutter release button" and the "Multi selector" stopped working. I took the whole grip off from the D7100 body, and then took it back and the buttons were good again. But it didn't last too long: last saturday I shot a wedding and the above mentioned buttons stopped working again! Although I took off the whole grip again and took it back, it didnt want to work. I tried it several times but still nothing... But the body can use the battery which is placed in the grip, and the grip fits well, so I dont know where the problem is.

And now comes the worst: currently I can't take off the grip bacause the "ring" was pulled too hard, and I can't turn it back. Ohhh please help, any idea how to take it off? (Then I may can send it back to the UK.)

this is why i bought a genuine nikon grip.

evan47's gear list:evan47's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads