Canon camera and Printer query

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions
Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,341Gear list
Like?
Canon camera and Printer query
Jun 11, 2013

Is there any benefit to buying a Canon camera and printer. I am interested in a new landscape photography setup and I want to make my life as easy as possible in the workflow from image capture to print so I am thinking Canon 6D plus Canon A3 pigment printer.

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle.

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Taurus43
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?
Re: Canon camera and Printer query
In reply to Wellington100, Jun 11, 2013

There's no reason to think that a Canon printer will do any better than any other brand with images from a Canon camera. A camera produces images and a printer prints them. The printer is completely agnostic when it prints an image - there's no family or brand loyalty involved.

Get a printer that meets your printing requirements and don't worry about how the image was derived. You will find plenty of threads on this forum about the pros and cons of different printer types, so choose one that loooks right for you. I've printed from Olympus camera to Canon printer, Canon camera to Canon printer, Canon camera to Epson printer and now Panasonic camera to Epson printer. Every combination has worked because I've taken care with the printing workflow.

A digital image is a digital image, and a good printer will always give a good print from a good image, no matter how the image was generated.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,525
Like?
In reply to Wellington100, Jun 11, 2013

Wellington100 wrote:

Is there any benefit to buying a Canon camera and printer. I am interested in a new landscape photography setup and I want to make my life as easy as possible in the workflow from image capture to print so I am thinking Canon 6D plus Canon A3 pigment printer.

the only reason for getting both by Canon would be if there is an offer that combines the two and is a sweet deal. This has happened in the past, and is the reason why you can pick up Pixima 9000 and Pixiam 9500 IIs on eBay for next to nothing.

Otherwise, there is no connection and I would go with whatever fits your needs. It is no easier or harder to print with a non-Canon printer.

Brian A

jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,626
Like?
In reply to Wellington100, Jun 12, 2013

Wellington100 wrote:

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle.

NONE whatsoever. Unless you are being offered a great rebate!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads