Canon XA-20

Started Jun 7, 2013 | Questions
TheDoctorWhat
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
Canon XA-20
Jun 7, 2013

Is anyone looking to get the XA-20 that is upgrading from the XA-10 OR from a high end consumer camera?

Are you using this in combination with a mirror less system or DSLR?

thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
silyn
Regular MemberPosts: 380
Like?
Re: Canon XA-20
In reply to TheDoctorWhat, Jun 7, 2013

TheDoctorWhat wrote:

Is anyone looking to get the XA-20 that is upgrading from the XA-10 OR from a high end consumer camera?

Are you using this in combination with a mirror less system or DSLR?

thanks

I am interested in XA20 but it's more like downgrading. Can you be more specific what's on your mind?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
marcbrownpix
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to silyn, Jul 1, 2013

Just ordered the XA-20 from B&H along with a battery.  I'm digging the specs...60p, excellent lens, focus ring, rounded blades, etc...

We've been exclusively Canon DSLR's for the past few years and I'm excited to have something that I can handhold and be spontaneous with.  Hopefully it will pair well with DSLR footage in post.

We're shooting a pilot for a travel show and taking it to a wedding in the Cayman Islands this winter assuming it performs to our expectations.

lancespring
Senior MemberPosts: 2,402Gear list
Like?
In reply to marcbrownpix, Jul 1, 2013

The specs on the XA-20 are so great, that, in theory, it should be a very good camcorder.

Just how much better its image quality may be, compared to the XA-10, is the main thing to be determined at this point, in my opinion. But it certainly has added a lot of useful new features, that the XA10 lacked.

This camcorder just started being delivered here in the USA last week, so hopefully we will be seeing more sample clips from it soon, as well as feedback and reviews from owners. Whether it would be worth it for a XA10 user to upgrade to it or not, may vary from person to person.

It certainly looks like it would be a great run and gun camcorder to use at events like Weddings:

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
goonies
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to lancespring, 2 months ago

Hi i have just started using a canon xa 20 ( pal), so far it has been good then few weeks back while shooting an event some of the movie recorded could not be open , the camera shows that  there are videos but it cant be opened, i tried using mp4 video repair software but nothing seem sto work. Does anyone have any idea what i need to do.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads