Latest ACR for PS-CS6 ?

Started Jun 6, 2013 | Discussions
Gerry Pasternack
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,446
Like?
Latest ACR for PS-CS6 ?
Jun 6, 2013

With Adobe focusing on its CC model for PS, do they plan ongoing improvements for ACR that will work with PS-CS6?

My current ACR version is 7.0.  What is the latest ACR that will work with PS-CS6, and where can I download ir?

-- hide signature --

Gerry

AikenMooney
Contributing MemberPosts: 999
Like?
Re: Latest ACR for PS-CS6 ?
In reply to Gerry Pasternack, Jun 6, 2013

Go to Help tab in CS6 and click on Updates.

You should have ACR7.4.

I don't know if there will be any more updates due to Adobe's new marketing plan.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Thomas Niemann
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,128
Like?
ACR 8 will be supported in CS6

ACR 8 will be supported in CS6 per this post.

b2martin_a
Regular MemberPosts: 440
Like?
In reply to AikenMooney, Jun 6, 2013

Adobe plans to release ACR 8.x that will work with Photoshop CS6.  You can download a Beta version of ACR 8.1 from Adobe Labs that will work with CS6. ACR 8.x hosted by CS6 will not have any new capabilities over ACR 7.x, but will include support for new cameras and lens profiles - don't know how long Adobe will support ACR 8.x in CS6.  ACR 8.x in CS6 will also open images that were adjusted using Lightroom 5 or Photoshop CC that does allow the new capabilities of ACR 8.x, but you can't make any adjustments with ACR 8.x in CS6 - just like ACR 6.7  in CS5 will open images adjusted using ACR 7.x in CS6.

hotdog321
Forum ProPosts: 10,449Gear list
Like?

I just checked my CS6: it is running 7.4.0.137.

Nice to hear Adobe is going to support up to 8--and pleasantly surprised. I expected them to immediately drop stand-alone software now that the "cloud" is their big thing.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads