OVF and WCL-X100

Started 10 months ago | Questions
seukel
Regular MemberPosts: 399Gear list
Like?
OVF and WCL-X100
10 months ago

A quedtion to those who have the X100 and the wide extension lens: I guess it is quite visible in the OVF of the X100. How much of a disturbance is that? Does WCL force you to only use the EVF?

Peter

-- hide signature --

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
Oscar Wilde

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mike Arledge
Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
Re: OVF and WCL-X100
In reply to seukel, 10 months ago

seukel wrote:

A quedtion to those who have the X100 and the wide extension lens: I guess it is quite visible in the OVF of the X100. How much of a disturbance is that? Does WCL force you to only use the EVF?

Peter

-- hide signature --

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
Oscar Wilde

I tend to use it mostly with the EVF, in part because the view is so wide, the OVF doesn't suit me.  I don't recall feeling like the WCL obstructed the view through the OVF, so I guess that only partially answers it.

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF1 Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 II Canon EOS 70D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
brudy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,350
Like?

I use it all the time in OVF mode. It does protrude into a view a bit, but it's a non-issue. I use a lot of rangefinder cameras where the lenses often are in view, so perhaps I'm just used to it, but it's really not a big deal.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brudy

obv
obv
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?

seukel wrote:

It is indeed quite visible. Some care and will only use the EVF because of that, some others don't mind at all.

Here's a terrible photo I took with my iPhone, to illustrate:

obv's gear list:obv's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Canon EOS 450D +6 more
Jayvier
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
In reply to obv, 10 months ago

its a optical confirmation feature that the WCl-X100 was installed

Jayvier's gear list:Jayvier's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1
souk1501
Regular MemberPosts: 335Gear list
Like?
In reply to obv, 10 months ago

When it is installed, does the OVF automatically change is field-of-view?

souk1501's gear list:souk1501's gear list
Canon PowerShot S40 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200 Nikon D50 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED +6 more
nomad147
Contributing MemberPosts: 512
Like?

there is a setting in the setup menu that you have to turn on when using the adapter so the camera can correct itself for the added field of view. you cant use it with the OVF, but on my camera my EVF looks pretty normal, nothing at all like the distortion in that other image. the adapter is really nice, its a bit pricy, but its a solid piece of glass and metal, very well made, and it looks awesome on the camera, i have no regrets in purchasing one, and i really dont like using the camera without it. enjoy yours.

-- hide signature --

wssa member #320PX

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads