Camera bag for NEX and E mount 16-50 zoom lens?

Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions
OpticsEngineer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,203Gear list
Like?
Camera bag for NEX and E mount 16-50 zoom lens?
Jun 3, 2013

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a camera bag for a NEX7 with the 16-50 zoom lens?

I prefer a belt loop type of bag that is no larger than necessary for evening visits with relatives and strolling around the city afterwards..   Visits to Office Depot, Target, Best Buy, Walmart and our local camera store only turned up things that were too small or significantly bigger than necessary.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Fujifilm XF1 +18 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Soggoth
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera bag for NEX and E mount 16-50 zoom lens?
In reply to OpticsEngineer, Jun 3, 2013

I'm using Lowepro Dashpoint 30 - it fits my Nex 6 with either 16-50 PZ or 19/30 mm Sigma (need to revert hood on 19 mm though).

Has both detachable shoulder strap (never used) and belt loop.

Soggoth's gear list:Soggoth's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Espadon
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
In reply to Soggoth, Jun 3, 2013

I second the Dashpoint 30 recommendation.  Not much room for anything else, but it fits the 6 and 16-50 like a glove.  There's a slot for a spare card plus you can hide a spare battery under the straps.

Ari Aikomus
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,913
Like?
inexpensive alternative

My inexpensive bag for NEX+16-50

-- hide signature --

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tidis/AAikomus.jpg
- Ari Aikomus -
'Why should I feel lonely ? is not our planet in the Milky way?'

BRUCEK56
Contributing MemberPosts: 788Gear list
Like?

OpticsEngineer wrote:

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a camera bag for a NEX7 with the 16-50 zoom lens?

I prefer a belt loop type of bag that is no larger than necessary for evening visits with relatives and strolling around the city afterwards..   Visits to Office Depot, Target, Best Buy, Walmart and our local camera store only turned up things that were too small or significantly bigger than necessary.

Hi,

Yours was the exact question I had when I purchased mine. I was only interested in the very smallest, narrowest one I could get.

I would use it only on a belt loop.

A forum member suggested the one below and I am extremely happy with my choice.

It is VERY flexible made of neoprene (wet suit material) so it is very easy to take in and take out of the bag.

The other reason is the camera sits horizontal rather than vertical on your belt which I prefer because it feels a little less bulky.

I know the ONE review isn't great but hey it's only 14.00!.......and it happened to be the exact case I was looking for.

The flap is held closed by a very strong Velcro strap with no chance of the camera falling out.

..................just another choice for you. The others are great also...... it just depends what you are looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Zing-575-105-AGY1-Accessory-Gray/dp/B0010C6DBM

P.S. It also holds the NEX-6 with the Sony 35mm 1.8 OSS comfortably because of its flexibility but it starts to get a bit bulky.

-- hide signature --

BRUCEK56

BRUCEK56's gear list:BRUCEK56's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
bzx
bzx
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
Case Logic DCB 303 - ~$10

I'm using this one and it fits NEX-5 with 18-55 tight, so I think NEX-6 with the PZ will fit easily.

Excellent quality, no velcro, two small side pockets (for a remote + cloth), one inner pocket will fit a filter, another on the flap will fit memory cards.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-DCB-303-Vertical-Camcorder/dp/B0039BPG1U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370289514&sr=8-1&keywords=case+logic+303

-- hide signature --

t[+]m

bzx's gear list:bzx's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +2 more
santiclaws
Contributing MemberPosts: 653
Like?

Lowepro Rezo 60. Not too tight, not too loose, juuuust right.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads