What's a good wrist strap for X-E1 preferably easy to release?

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,743Gear list
Like?
What's a good wrist strap for X-E1 preferably easy to release?
May 27, 2013

I use a leather neck strap and often this gets in the road. I was thinking a wrist strap would be more secure in a tourist area where the potential is for pickpockets to roam around. A fast release system would be nice.

Any ideas? There are lots of wrist straps on ebay but almost all have that little string that loops around the strap lug on the camera.

Greg.

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mjack101
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Re: What's a good wrist strap for XE1 preferably easy to release?
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, May 27, 2013

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

I use a leather neck strap and often this gets in the road. I was thinking a wrist strap would be more secure in a tourist area where the potential is for pickpockets to roam around. A fast release system would be nice.

Any ideas? There are lots of wrist straps on ebay but almost all have that little string that loops around the strap lug on the camera.

Greg.

I use this for my X-E1 and it works pretty well. It does have that little string but also has a quick release connector.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000H02B6O

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,743Gear list
Like?
In reply to mjack101, May 27, 2013

The quick release aspect looks good but those plastic connectors don't inspire confidence of security.

Greg.

sibyy
Regular MemberPosts: 136
Like?

I like these guys:

http://www.dsptch.com/collections/wrist

Bought a sling and a wrist strap for my X-E1. Very nice quality and love the design too.

mjack101
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?

I was a bit worried about that too but it was recommended to me and I have been using it for the last 3 months and no problems at all.

FWTOQA
Regular MemberPosts: 268
Like?

The quick release aspect looks good but those plastic connectors don't inspire confidence of security.

Greg.

I use the same optech connector and both the string and plastic connector are more than adequate. The connector is the same sort of thing that you would find on a backpack or similar device. They just don't come loose or apart unless you want them to.

The connectors also come in packs of 4, and can be fastened to conventional straps. Enabling quick change between wrist or neck or shoulder straps. The same string fastener is kept on the camera, swooping to the alternative straps made easy.

Travelshooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,485Gear list
Like?
Re: What's a good wrist strap for X-E1 preferably easy to release?
 Travelshooter's gear list:Travelshooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 +14 more
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,915Gear list
Like?
Op/Tech indeed
In reply to FWTOQA, May 27, 2013

FWTOQA wrote:

Greg.

I use the same optech connector and both the string and plastic connector are more than adequate. The connector is the same sort of thing that you would find on a backpack or similar device. They just don't come loose or apart unless you want them to.

The connectors also come in packs of 4, and can be fastened to conventional straps. Enabling quick change between wrist or neck or shoulder straps. The same string fastener is kept on the camera, swooping to the alternative straps made easy.

By now, I have a whole system around the Op/Tech offerings, including large, padded neck strap, a sling, a backpack-attachment system , as well as mini-QD loops for a very compact, minimalist solution. I use it on a largish D7000 as well as on my X-E1. There is nothing flimsy about it at all, and the quick-connects are very convenient in the field. Highly recommended.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Ethel
Contributing MemberPosts: 794Gear list
Like?

Check out the Crumpler Noose wrist strap - attaches to the normal strap ring and you can adjust the length / fit around your wrist.

No silly bits of string if you don't want to use them, and very secure with no quick-release clips.

Ethel's gear list:Ethel's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
David Lawson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,752Gear list
Like?

I use one of gordy's straps, I had the regular size with the integral strap bumper. It's a bit small with the XE-1, but I had it on a smaller camera so am utilising it. If I were buying again 'd get the long one. Not quick release but easy to slip on and off your wrist, but still secure

search for gordys camera straps if this link is removed

http://www.gordyscamerastraps.com/wrist-lug/index.htm

David Lawson's gear list:David Lawson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads