Drobo 5N or ioSafe N2?

Started May 16, 2013 | Discussions
stevie c
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Drobo 5N or ioSafe N2?
May 16, 2013

I was just about to buy a Drobo 5N , but then came across the ioSafe N2  - a fire and water resistant NAS box that runs Synology DSM. While the Drobo would provide me with more space than the N2 - more than I need at this point in time, in fact - I'm thinking that the N2 may be a better choice as I live in an area that's prone to wildfires and am not as diligent as I could or should be when it comes to offsite backups (I have good intentions, but I just never seem to find the time to do it - not frequently, anyway).

The only thing that's stopping me from pulling the trigger on the N2 is that I've never heard of the company before and have no experience with their products.

Does anybody have any experience with ioSafe that they could share or have any experience with their products - in particular, the N2 and how it compares to the Drobo 5N?

Thanks!

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-N2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ken Gosden
Contributing MemberPosts: 797Gear list
Like?
Re: Drobo 5N or ioSafe N2?
In reply to stevie c, May 17, 2013

I will say I have been very happy with my Drobo 5  bay NAS.  The idea of the more survivable NAS is appealing, but the Drobo is certainly more flexible in the long term.

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads