Waterproof Backpack for DSLR Camera (Canon T4i)??

Started May 15, 2013 | Questions
Combat By Design
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
Waterproof Backpack for DSLR Camera (Canon T4i)??
May 15, 2013

Hey all!
I'm new to the forum, and I joined specifically to find some info on a good Backpack... and anything else I learn is just desserts...delicious desserts.
I'm shooting a Canon T4i with an 18-135 STM (Primarily), and a secondary EFS 55-250mm Lens.
As of right now I'm not carrying any flashes, but given that the flash seems to slow down when it warms up, I will be getting a faster one sooner rather than later... but I digress...
I'm looking for a Waterproof Backpack that can hold my camera, potentially a Tri-pod, and cothing, food, water, etc for hiking trips. Most of the places we go have all kinds of rivers and ponds that we wade through, and I would like a waterproof bag at risk of falling.

I usually just use my Dakine Ride pack with my camera, lenses, and accessories in ziplok bags... but I would love something a tad more accessable.
I found these two here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-40L-DSLR-Large-Camera-Backpack-Bag-Fit-17-Laptop-Canon-Nikon-Sony-/310647925578#vi-content

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40L-DSLR-SLR-Large-Camera-Backpack-Bag-Fits-17-Laptop-/260837061007?pt=US_Camera_Cases_Bags&hash=item3cbb19b18f
Which are in a real good price range but unfotunately you often get what you pay for in the world of cameras and accessories.
Does anyone have any experience with either of these bags, or have an suggestions as to which bag I should look into?
I kind of need to stay under $300...but any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
- Kevin

Combat By Design's gear list:Combat By Design's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon Pixma Pro-100 +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,233Gear list
Like?
Re: Waterproof Backpack for DSLR Camera (Canon T4i)??
In reply to Combat By Design, May 17, 2013

You might get better luck in one of the Camera gear forums - the Mobile forums are for discussions about taking photos with mobile devices such as phones and tablets.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Combat By Design
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
Re: Waterproof Backpack for DSLR Camera (Canon T4i)??
In reply to Jeff Peterman, May 17, 2013

Thanks Jeff,
That is precisely what I'll do. Didn't realize where i was. There's a LOT to this forum.
-Kevin

Combat By Design's gear list:Combat By Design's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon Pixma Pro-100 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads