FZ200 video playback

Started May 15, 2013 | Questions
panabar
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
FZ200 video playback
May 15, 2013

I have recorded a few video's using the red button but my computer doesn't 'recognize' them on my memory card when I hook up my camera using the USB cable.

It recognizes the pictures I took but not the video's..I can play the video's on the camera using the playback function so I know they are there...

what am i doing wrong?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Zbyszek_Z
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200 video playback
In reply to panabar, May 15, 2013

Most likely you do not know where your video files are located in the SD card.

Catalog DCIM contains still photos (JPEG and/or RAW files) while catolog PRIVATE contains video files. You should find stream files in one of the deeper laying catalogs.

I hope it helps.

-- hide signature --

Zbyszek

Zbyszek_Z's gear list:Zbyszek_Z's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Hatstand
Contributing MemberPosts: 956Gear list
Like?
In reply to panabar, May 15, 2013

Do you have the codec for the Panasonic videos? Mine didn't work til I got an updated codec pack (K-Lite). If you install the software that came with the camera, that should do it too.

You also need a video player associated with the .MP4 files (if MP4 recording, I don't know what file extension is used if recording AVCHD, .MTS perhaps?)

Hatstand's gear list:Hatstand's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
seajunky
Senior MemberPosts: 1,224Gear list
Like?
In reply to Hatstand, May 15, 2013

I had a similar problem when I got my FZ200 a couple of weeks ago. I could find Mpeg 4's but not my AVCHD's. The only way I could find them was to reformat my SD card. It works fine now.

-- hide signature --

To earn some dosh from my piccy's. Yea right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capnblinski
Contributing MemberPosts: 533Gear list
Like?
In reply to panabar, May 16, 2013

panabar wrote:

I have recorded a few video's using the red button but my computer doesn't 'recognize' them on my memory card when I hook up my camera using the USB cable.

It recognizes the pictures I took but not the video's..I can play the video's on the camera using the playback function so I know they are there...

what am i doing wrong?

When you first open your memory card on your computer the videos are in a separate folder from the stills.

capnblinski's gear list:capnblinski's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads