Photoshop lens correction

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
JimMc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,806Gear list
Like?
Photoshop lens correction
11 months ago

Hello,

I cannot understand why I can't send a lens corrected jpeg from Photoshop CS5 to Smugmug. Each time I try to upload an image it says cannot upload wrong file. Thank you.

Jim

Robert Schoner
Contributing MemberPosts: 959
Like?
Re: Photoshop lens correction
In reply to JimMc, 11 months ago

Hi,

Lens correction will open a layer. Are you sure you are flattening the file before saving and not inadvertantly saving as a psd instead of joeg?

HTH,

Bob Schoner

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
JimMc
Like?
In reply to Robert Schoner, 11 months ago

Robert Schoner wrote:

Hi,

Lens correction will open a layer. Are you sure you are flattening the file before saving and not inadvertantly saving as a psd instead of joeg?

HTH,

Bob Schoner

Thanks.

Could you please explain in detail the flattening and how to get it right. I set it to jpeg before saving the image or am I still doing something wrong.

Robert Schoner
Contributing MemberPosts: 959
Like?

Hi,

Go to "Layer" and click on "Flatten Image". That will allow you to save as a jpeg.

HTH,

Bob Schoner

JimMc
Like?
In reply to Robert Schoner, 11 months ago

Robert Schoner wrote:

Hi,

Go to "Layer" and click on "Flatten Image". That will allow you to save as a jpeg.

HTH,

Bob Schoner

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much. That was driving me crazy trying to figure out how to do it. I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Jim

Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 5,784Gear list
Like?

I recommend you open you file in Adobe Camera Raw and do the lens correction there.  ACR already has a list of common lenses with corrections that are easy to apply.  These correct for distortion, chromatic aberration, and vignetting.

Use the File/Open As/Camera Raw command to open any image file (except a RAW file which only needs the File/Open command) in ACR.  Look at the upper right strip of icons that are below the histogram and click on the one that looks like a lens.  Now check mark the Enable Lens Profile and ACR should automatically select your lens, if it is in the list, and apply the lens corrections.

Now click the Open Image button at the lower right side of the screen to open the image as a TIFF in Photoshop.  Save the image for the web, a smart phone, or a tablet by using the File/Save for Web command and CS will automatically convert the image into an 8-bit sRGB JPG and save it where you want it to be saved.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads