Started May 11, 2013 | Discussions
DELETED88781
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
D7100 @ the City (SB-700)
May 11, 2013

Mix testing particular the AF system

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
normanj
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Re: D7100 @ the City (SB-700)
In reply to DELETED88781, May 11, 2013

Though not illegal, some of these shots seem ethically questionable...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Deleted-pending
Senior MemberPosts: 2,665
Like?
In reply to normanj, May 11, 2013

normanj wrote:

oh come one ! Those are nice pictures of sexy publicly exposed bikini girls !!! They like to dress like that and expose their bodies, stopping a photographer to be sensible and capture beauty is simply willing to cut someone's natural emotions.

blue_cheese
Senior MemberPosts: 1,430
Like?
there we go again
In reply to DELETED88781, May 12, 2013

First off... none of these are anything spectacular or convey anything worthwhile.

These "paparazzi" shots get you something only for celebrities because there are a ton of people who actually care for who is in the picture, yours lack even that... still not OK

DELETED88781
Like?
Re: there we go again
In reply to blue_cheese, May 12, 2013

jogging

Daisy AU
Senior MemberPosts: 1,561Gear list
Like?

sambomax wrote:

jogging

You need a dose of respect for women.  Do you think they would agree to their bums being photographed by you?  Not illegal, but quite unethical.

-- hide signature --
 Daisy AU's gear list:Daisy AU's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Daisy AU
Senior MemberPosts: 1,561Gear list
Like?
In reply to Deleted-pending, May 12, 2013

FTH wrote:

normanj wrote:

oh come one ! Those are nice pictures of sexy publicly exposed bikini girls !!! They like to dress like that and expose their bodies, stopping a photographer to be sensible and capture beauty is simply willing to cut someone's natural emotions.

You should read this:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51331463

-- hide signature --
 Daisy AU's gear list:Daisy AU's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,845
Like?
In reply to Daisy AU, May 12, 2013

Daisy AU wrote:

FTH wrote:

normanj wrote:

You should read this:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51331463

Regardless..no laws being broken by the OP's posts. I would warn folks to be careful though regards rule #14

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum-rules

Not there yet but always something to keep in mind

BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,377Gear list
Like?

Daisy AU wrote:

You need a dose of respect for women.  Do you think they would agree to their bums being photographed by you?  Not illegal, but quite unethical.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Daisy AU - Brisbane
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ney_images/

I agree with Daisy, not only photographed but also published to the World through the Internet with no permission from the persons. And with no publicity reason at all.

That they are jogging or acting in publicy is not agreing in being spread on the net. I know its being done by news reporters all the time.

I learned that some day on Wembley, where I took a Picture (for my own privat use) of a sweet and cute little three years old Fellow in a funny situation, painted in his football-clubs colours. His mother doesn't like that, she was in her right, and it was deleted immetedly.

I learned to ask.

BirgerH.

Maybee I'm just too old, and borders are rearly being moved by time.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
scokill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,675Gear list
Like?
In reply to BirgerH, May 12, 2013

2nd post stirring the pot for this dude.  Happy Mother's Day!

scokill's gear list:scokill's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +1 more
Deleted-pending
Senior MemberPosts: 2,665
Like?

BirgerH wrote:

Daisy AU wrote:

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Daisy AU - Brisbane

I agree with Daisy, not only photographed but also published to the World through the Internet with no permission from the persons. And with no publicity reason at all.

That they are jogging or acting in publicy is not agreing in being spread on the net. I know its being done by news reporters all the time.

I learned that some day on Wembley, where I took a Picture (for my own privat use) of a sweet and cute little three years old Fellow in a funny situation, painted in his football-clubs colours. His mother doesn't like that, she was in her right, and it was deleted immetedly.

I learned to ask.

BirgerH.

Maybee I'm just too old, and borders are rearly being moved by time.

This remembers me a story that happened in UK and was in the news : a father was photographing his own kid playing in a park. Suddenly the police shows, and 3 women were accusing him of pedophilia. Men are accused of everything like they were natural born perpetrators. A girl would never ever be blamed in a situation like this.

Years ago, street photographers had no single issue photographing children or other people in the streets. The world is now gone mad today and people now believe it is right embrace madness.

One day we'll all need a permit to photograph streets you'll see.

blue_cheese
Like?
In reply to Deleted-pending, May 12, 2013

I think your post proves exactly why posts such as the OP should be strongly discouraged... I doubt anyone is embracing madness. The root of the problem stems from this incredibly immature point of view "it's not illegal so bite me....", stupid people with lack in frontal lobe capacity cause us all to  end up with stupid laws that state the obvious and inhibit normal people in day to day conduct. laws are really easy to change when the majority of people show a massive lapse in judgement.

The moment "street photography" becomes "voyeurism", you will need a permit, plainly because there will be need to screen the stupid from the normal.

I re-state, none of the pictures posted are worthwhile, and if you look up the dude's forum history in DP review there is definitely a trend towards perversion as the subject of photos.

DELETED88781
Like?

Two more

nfpotter
Senior MemberPosts: 4,072
Like?
This is why...

I almost stop coming here, over and over.

WHAT A BUNCH OF CRYING, HYPOCRITICAL, FAKE "PC", WEAK-SAUCE NAMBY PAMBIES.

A: if you go out in public in ANY urban environment these days you ARE VERY, VERY likely being photographed - and more than likely by "big brother".  Get used to the idea, it's not going to lessen.

B: if you don't like the way something looks, then look away.  Quit making yourself in need of a babysitter.

C: if you think that you're an "expert", be prepared to back that up with solid evidence.  This as a general statement to all of those who come here.  Just because your grandma said your point and shoot pictures make you a "great photographer" doesn't mean you are, no does stating one of your shots "is/could have been a brilliant, vibrant composition" make it so.  That judgment will be made by others, not you.

D: if you're going to give advice, you should be sure it is correct, and you can back it up.

E: this is an INTERNET FORUM, and even with "rules", you're going to have all kinds of different people, different likes and dislikes, and different opinions on here.  I, for one, find it RIDICULOUS that "swearing" is "banned", but nowhere is there a list of acceptable vs. unacceptable words - perfect example.

Now quit crying and go take pictures.  Seriously.

PS - to the OP, some are nice shots, some are boring (to me).

nfpotter
Like?

Daisy AU wrote:

sambomax wrote:

jogging

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Daisy AU - Brisbane

That is absolutely HYSTERICAL.  Respect?  These people chose to wear what they did out in public, where not only can MANY, MANY eyes see them, but they're almost 100% for sure already on camera (by a government or others) anyway.

Get over yourself.  What a joke.

BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,377Gear list
Like?
In reply to nfpotter, May 12, 2013

nfpotter wrote:

That is absolutely HYSTERICAL.  Respect?  These people chose to wear what they did out in public, where not only can MANY, MANY eyes see them, but they're almost 100% for sure already on camera (by a government or others) anyway.

In my opinion, you are wrong, Potter, They are not only photograped, they are being portraited - and very good portraits indeed - and they are delivered onto the Internet.

From now on, theese Photos can be used by everyone for everything - that is not respectable - in my opinion.

You can go photograph on the street as much as you like - you got no right to make people, not agreed, public proberty - in my opinion.
Thats how I feel.

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
nfpotter
Like?

BirgerH wrote:

nfpotter wrote:

In my opinion, you are wrong, Potter, They are not only photograped, they are being portraited - and very good portraits indeed - and they are delivered onto the Internet.

From now on, theese Photos can be used by everyone for everything - that is not respectable - in my opinion.

You can go photograph on the street as much as you like - you got no right to make people, not agreed, public proberty - in my opinion.
Thats how I feel.

BirgerH.

Then you're a fool, because it's already being done to you, and everyone else.  Good luck fighting evolution.

nfpotter
Like?

BirgerH wrote:

nfpotter wrote:

Thats how I feel.

BirgerH.

I'll give you another example:

Let's say I'm doing a shoot with a model in downtown New York City, on really busy, crowded streets.  Shall I go ask several hundred people for permission, just in case they might end up in the shot?

Use logic.  If you are out in public these days, you're going to get photographed, and those pictures can and will end up anywhere and everywhere.  I mean, come on.  Everyone has a cell phone with a decent camera on it these days.

Time to evolve, people.

blue_cheese
Like?
In reply to nfpotter, May 12, 2013

I think that you are over generalizing, it is one think having random people in the picture for purposes of setting a scene/setting, there is nothing wrong with having a picture at the beach with people in it. It is not about that, it is about having these people purposefully framed in a way that is well... open to some very questionable interpretation.

Common courtesy should dictate when a permission should be asked, just as common sense should tell you when a picture is in appropriate.

In the case where the above fail, laws come into place. Hopefully we don't get to a point where society degenerates to a level where the current laws are changed.... for something as ridiculous as taking a picture in a public place. What everyone is saying is that the OP is not helping the case and it is people like that that bring out sensitivities where normally should be none.

nfpotter
Like?

blue_cheese wrote:

I think that you are over generalizing, it is one think having random people in the picture for purposes of setting a scene/setting, there is nothing wrong with having a picture at the beach with people in it. It is not about that, it is about having these people purposefully framed in a way that is well... open to some very questionable interpretation.

Common courtesy should dictate when a permission should be asked, just as common sense should tell you when a picture is in appropriate.

In the case where the above fail, laws come into place. Hopefully we don't get to a point where society degenerates to a level where the current laws are changed.... for something as ridiculous as taking a picture in a public place. What everyone is saying is that the OP is neither helping the case and it is people like that that bring out sensitivities where normally should be none.

Ok, so I take a wide-angle shot at a beach, with no specific "targeted" subject.  I post that on a photo blog.

Someone grabs it off the internet, crops it to "target" a woman with a bikini on, and posts that on the internet.

You see where I am going?

I, personally, ask permission when in doubt.  However, everyone has a different moral compass (in some places, a woman would be executed for wearing a bikini in public, in others, nudity in public is normal), so the only LOGICAL way to do things is as I'm suggesting - if you go out in public, expect to get photographed, and know that photo may be used anywhere.

Period.  End of story.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads